By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I failed. (Xenoblade Chronicles - Jenna Coleman)

Tagged games:

Some of you might have known that I was planning on getting Jenna Coleman to sign my copy of Xenoblade Chronicles since she voiced Melia.  This was at the New Orleans Comic Con this past weekend.  Of course you had to pay for an autograph, but unlike Comic Con of 2014, they were much stricter if you wanted a personal item signed.  For $65, it was either an 8" x 10" photo of your choice provided by the convention OR a personal item unless you'll willing to fork out another $65 for that personal item.  Being that this was a joint decision with my wife, we decided to not spend the extra $65 and had Jenna sign an 8" x 10" of her standing in front of the TARDIS.  I didn't get my copy of Xenoblade Chronicles signed, but it was real nice meeting her.  Maybe next time I'll get the game signed if autograph prices don't inflate too much.

Around the Network

Sixty five bucks for a signature!? Dear lord, we're all in the wrong business here....

*waiting for pics

Face the future.. Gamecenter ID: nikkom_nl (oh no he didn't!!) 

Wow that sucks.

I'm still jelly that you got to meet a voice actor from one of my favorite games of all time. xD

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

NiKKoM said:
*waiting for pics

From her panel:

A signing from a distance:

The autograph:

Around the Network

Sorry to hear it. It'd been nice but that price gouge is too real. It was the right move. Btw you have the best avitar ever.

65? Is this typical for this kind of thing?

If the item is worth more than $65 more than it's original cost after it's signed, I could see the point of it.

LivingMetal said:
NiKKoM said:
*waiting for pics

From her panel:

Sorry to hear it man, but man, Melia is beautiful. 

My bet with The_Liquid_Laser: I think the Switch won't surpass the PS2 as the best selling system of all time. If it does, I'll play a game of a list that The_Liquid_Laser will provide, I will have to play it for 50 hours or complete it, whatever comes first. 

Hiku said:

So it would be $65 + $65 to get a copy of the game signed by her?

I don't think I'd pay $130 for anyone's autograph, provided I wasn't planning on selling it.
I'd rather just take a picture.

If I had my choice, I'd agree.  Having your pic taken with a celebrity would be priceless, and the fine folks at Wizard World (the ones who run Comic Con) know that.  So depending on convention policy and/or the celebrity's manager, you might or might not be able to get a personal pic taken with someone.  The only person I was able to have a personal picture taken with my camera was Scott Wilson who played Hershel Greene on Walking Dead.