By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Splatoon the system-defining game Wii U will be remembered for?

?

Yes, it is 141 69.80%

No, it's not 61 30.20%

Total:202
Einsam_Delphin said:
AZWification said:

Indeed. I honestly forgot what was the last new IP from Nintendo which performed this well!

How could you forget Wii something series and Animal Crossing? :L

I obviously meant outside of the Wii something series, since casuals simply ate them up.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

Around the Network

Can't say for sure, because there are more Wii U games to be announced, but it has extremely high chances.

What would you say is the 3DS's one?

AZWification said:

I obviously meant outside of the Wii something series, since casuals simply ate them up.

It's obvious that a new IP from Nintendo doesn't count as a new IP from Nintendo, which is dependent on the type of people who buy the game, and Animal Crossing is a Wii something game. Got it!

Einsam_Delphin said:

AZWification said:

It's obvious that a new IP from Nintendo doesn't count as a new IP from Nintendo, which is dependent on the type of people who buy the game, and Animal Crossing is a Wii something game. Got it!

Animal Crossing first came out only in Japan for the N64 and we barely have any sales data for it.

---Member of the official Squeezol Fanclub---

AZWification said:

Animal Crossing first came out only in Japan for the N64 and we barely have any sales data for it.

Um, are you seriously trying to say Animal Crossing isn't successful? Also my entire sentence was sarcasm, meaning it was not obvious and your criteria for what makes a new IP is just silly. I'm not a fan of the Wii series either, but no one can deny the success it had.

Around the Network

Splatoon is one of my favorite WiiU game. Its a shooter that's innovative and the whole concept is just great and so much fun. I can't wait to play the next Splatoon there is so much they can do with this game like splitscreen online, they could also have matches where the team that paint a certain percentage of the map wins like 75% which would be pretty epic and other modes etc.
Yeah I think the WiiU will be remembered for Splatoon and the second game to come out will be just fantastic.

Gamemaster87 said:
Can't say for sure, because there are more Wii U games to be announced, but it has extremely high chances.

If you think there will more announced games that will have chance to top games that are already out or games that we know that are coming, you are in delusion.

Miyamotoo said:
Gamemaster87 said:

If you think there will more announced games that will have chance to top games that are already out or games that we know that are coming, you are in delusion.

reported.

Gamemaster87 said:
Miyamotoo said:

reported.

Why he is probably right, besides Zelda I don't know what possibly could beat it.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

That's such a depressing thing to think about. Probably, though.

I mean, the real answer is Smash 4, but I can't argue that Splatoon is in the conversation. Which is gross.