By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Is Splatoon the system-defining game Wii U will be remembered for?

?

Yes, it is 141 69.80%

No, it's not 61 30.20%

Total:202

Whether it be Halo on the original Xbox or Wii Sports on the Wii, there are some games that stand as the iconic title for their system.

Is Splatoon the game that people will think of when they look back at the Wii U a decade from now?

Or do you think that honour goes to another game?

Around the Network

Yes. Splatoon is what makes the Wii U unique, not from the PS4 and XBO (the rest of the library already takes care of this one ), but from the rest of the Nintendo consoles. Splatoon is the Wii U's contribution to Nintendo history, where I'm pretty certain Splatoon will be forever, and deservedly so. Great game.

I definitely think Splatoon deserves the title...

Have a nice day...

Splatoon is definitely one of those games that stands out, and I'm already seeing rather diverse things from the Splatoon community, so the game has clearly made it's mark.

It's certainly a title that the Wii U will be greatly associated with.

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

It will definitely be one of them, the others being possibly Super Mario Maker and maybe Mario Kart 8/Smash Wii U

Around the Network

In my honest opinion: yes. It's one of the (if not THE) most creative games on Wii U, it takes advantage of the Gamepad, it looks pretty and feels fresh and it's also a new IP that started on Wii U.

Not to mention spetacular sales. It'll probably end up among the top 3 selling games of the system.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

I think it will be. In my opinion, Splatoon will grow the next console generations, and people will remember that the first time this IP was released, was on the WiiU. Not that the WiiU doesn't have plenty of great games, but nothing so innovative and different.

Splatoon has come out of nowhere and surprised us all in becoming a massive hit this is the start of a Great New franchise for Nintendo and I can't wait to see where it will go from here. There is no doubt it is close to or if not the best game on the WII U. Splatoon was the reason WII U sales were good in 2015 and is still selling like hotcakes in Japan. So yes I would say it is the game that the WII U will be remembered for

I has to be, the game is a succes in every single way, and what makes it even greater is that nobody saw it being this succeful.

The wii u will be remebered because it was home of one of the best new IP's nintendo made in a long time.

Not even a debate. Without question.