By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - December 2015 NPD Thread! PS4 and XBO exclusives LTD up!

At least they are up from November, but overall disappointing in comparison to my predictions.

Around the Network
Linkruleshyrule39 said:
Ouch Xenoblade X over tracked by heaps not to great sales in the US. Which is quite a shame seeming how good the game is

It is great sales actually. 

Well NPD has USA sales over 200k according to these early reports. Vgchartz has its USA sales at 290k

So while it might be over tracked I wouldn't day by heaps. It could actually be pretty close.

Why do I get the feeling MS are using world wide numbers and Digital to beat out US games physical numbers in their PR. I'm fairly sure that without doing that Destiny taken King, The Witcher 3,, MGS5 and Batman replace whatever their PR kicks out by technicality. There comes a time when you don't believe a word after so many lies and half truths.

I know in business and politics, it is commonly said that the truth matters far less than the perception of the truth. I have some shocking news for you politicians and Corporate guys.

Jaxyfoo said:
Why do I get the feeling MS are using world wide numbers and Digital to beat out US games physical numbers in their PR. I'm fairly sure that without doing that Destiny taken King, The Witcher 3,, MGS5 and Batman replace whatever their PR kicks out by technicality. There comes a time when you don't believe a word after so many lies and half truths.

I know in business and politics, it is commonly said that the truth matters far less than the perception of the truth. I have some shocking news for you politicians and Corporate guys.

it's already confirmed, that the pr is correct and halo 5 is in the top 12 for december npd and top 13 for 2015 npd

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=192235011&postcount=1181

december
#11 Just Cause 3
#12 Halo 5

#11 we don't know
#12 we don't know
#13 Halo 5

also MGS and Destiny TKK sold way way less than Halo
Batman is probably ahead
The Witcher could be ahead, or could be be below.

Here are the TOP 100 for 2015 in the UK as example

Metal Gear is behind Halo5
Destiny TKK is way behind Halo 5

Around the Network

I do find MS PR spin quite funny but what do you expect them to do. Technically they aren't lying but extracting the positives from data available, no matter how tedious the facts they come up with are. They are losing to the PS4 so it's hard to give out nice clean data that Sony are able to do.

There are a few times that MS have given out data to mislead by wording it carefully to sound like one thing but mean another (Halo launch PR), that's what I don't agree with.

@Janedoe I really doubt it with Halo 5. I am betting the game they are using as a benchmark is Gears of War remastered, and they are using bundle numbers and digital in a battle against Physical releases.

Wii U LTD:

Splatoon > 1m (including digital)
Super Mario Maker > 1m (including digital)
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse - ~193k
Mario Party 10 - ~633k
Splatoon - ~849k
Super Mario Maker - ~944k
Yoshi's Woolly World - ~457k
Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash - ~67k
Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival - ~63k
Shovel Knight - ~23k

3DS LTD:

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D - ~942k
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate - ~458k
Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy Plus - ~9k
Fossil Fighters: Frontier - ~93k
Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. - ~50k
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D - ~147k
Etrian Mystery Dungeon - ~20k
Puzzle & Dragons Z + Super Mario Bros. Edition - ~103k
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker - ~42k
Little Battlers Experience - ~33k
Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight - ~19k
Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer - ~270k
Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX - ~45k
Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson - ~16k
The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes - ~312k
Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butōden - ~48k
Chibi-Robo! Zip Lash - ~57k
The Legend of Legacy - ~31k
Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon - ~352k
Yo-Kai Watch - ~195k
Shovel Knight - ~27k

Nevermind,  Boutros already got it.

Won bet with t3mporary_126 - I correctly predicted that the Wii U's LTD at the end of 2014 would be closer to 9 million than 10 million. http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=6673287

So Yo-Kai Watch did pretty good.