By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - December 2015 NPD Thread! PS4 and XBO exclusives LTD up!

Jaxyfoo said:
@Janedoe I really doubt it with Halo 5. I am betting the game they are using as a benchmark is Gears of War remastered, and they are using bundle numbers and digital in a battle against Physical releases.

why?
npd numbers are a fact

if you doubt the numbers from insiders, feel free to buy the salesreport yourself for $30.000

if they would use gears of war and bundle sales, uncharted collection would be in the top 10 aswell
and that game is clearly not playable on the xb1

Around the Network
janedoe said:
Jaxyfoo said:
Why do I get the feeling MS are using world wide numbers and Digital to beat out US games physical numbers in their PR. I'm fairly sure that without doing that Destiny taken King, The Witcher 3,, MGS5 and Batman replace whatever their PR kicks out by technicality. There comes a time when you don't believe a word after so many lies and half truths.

I know in business and politics, it is commonly said that the truth matters far less than the perception of the truth. I have some shocking news for you politicians and Corporate guys.

it's already confirmed, that the pr is correct and halo 5 is in the top 12 for december npd and top 13 for 2015 npd

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=192235011&postcount=1181

december
#11 Just Cause 3
#12 Halo 5

#11 we don't know
#12 we don't know
#13 Halo 5

also MGS and Destiny TKK sold way way less than Halo
Batman is probably ahead
The Witcher could be ahead, or could be be below.

Here are the TOP 100 for 2015 in the UK as example

Metal Gear is behind Halo5
Destiny TKK is way behind Halo 5

Destiny TKK is really just a big DLC drop, so most of its sales are digital. Which is not tracked by NPD.

Boutros said:

Wii U LTD:

Splatoon > 1m (including digital)
Super Mario Maker > 1m (including digital)
Kirby and the Rainbow Curse - ~193k
Mario Party 10 - ~633k
Splatoon - ~849k
Super Mario Maker - ~944k
Yoshi's Woolly World - ~457k
Mario Tennis: Ultra Smash - ~67k
Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival - ~63k
Shovel Knight - ~23k

3DS LTD:

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D - ~942k
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate - ~458k
Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy Plus - ~9k
Fossil Fighters: Frontier - ~93k
Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. - ~50k
Xenoblade Chronicles 3D - ~147k
Etrian Mystery Dungeon - ~20k
Puzzle & Dragons Z + Super Mario Bros. Edition - ~103k
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2 Record Breaker - ~42k
Little Battlers Experience - ~33k
Etrian Odyssey 2 Untold: The Fafnir Knight - ~19k
Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer - ~270k
Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX - ~45k
Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson - ~16k
The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes - ~312k
Dragon Ball Z: Extreme Butōden - ~48k
Chibi-Robo! Zip Lash - ~57k
The Legend of Legacy - ~31k
Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon - ~352k
Yo-Kai Watch - ~195k
Shovel Knight - ~27k

This is whithout bundles right? Because Happy Home Designer seems really low compared to the sales in Japan and Europe.

NNID/PSN: Kung_Kjartan

Kjartan said:

This is whithout bundles right? Because Happy Home Designer seems really low compared to the sales in Japan and Europe.

It doesn't include hardware bundles but it includes special editions like amiibo bundles (e.g. Mario Party 10 + Mario amiibo Bundle).

Boutros said:
Kjartan said:

It doesn't include hardware bundles but it includes special editions like amiibo bundles.

Thanks! Yeah I was referring to hardware bundles.

So all the 3DS games that had a bundle with the console were: Zelda MM, Xenoblade 3D and AC HHD or am I missing some?

NNID/PSN: Kung_Kjartan

Around the Network
Boutros said:
Kjartan said:

It doesn't include hardware bundles but it includes special editions like amiibo bundles (e.g. Mario Party 10 + Mario amiibo Bundle).

No digital either. Splatoon has 849k, we know it did 140k bundle (the new one) so its 989k without bundle in Dec and the original bundle in may. Also i think Splatoon had over 120k digital? I forgot

What did WiiU do according to NPD last year just wondering?

Yokai Watch didn't flop after all. Will be interesting to see how its legs will fare.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

SandyVGina said:

Destiny TKK is really just a big DLC drop, so most of its sales are digital. Which is not tracked by NPD.

i know. and because of that, the game is not a big seller this year.
and not ahead of halo 5

Would really like some Vita LTD for software and hardware but alas. Really curious how Trials of Cold Steel did and want to see if P4G is actually doing as well as VGC thinks.

PSN: extremeM

PlayStation Vita Japanese Software Sales (Media Create Physical/ Famitsu Digital)