By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I have a feeling that Nintendo cancelled Metroid: Federation Force, Project Robot, Project Guard, Lost Reavers (in the West), Genei Ibun Roku (in the West)

How dare you forget Project Treasure.

Around the Network

Wasn't it confirmed that Project Guard and Robot were being co-developed by Platinum? I honestly want to see what Guard can turn into. As with SMTxFE it wouldn't surprise me if Atlus localized the game instead of Nintendo, and tbh it would be for the better if they published it here. Metroid Federation Force who knows where that one is.

"I think it will be the HDS"-Me in regards to Nintendo's next handheld.

chill up, yoshi sold 90k in japan and already pas a million on world.

Out of the games you listed, I think only project guard and robot were canceled. We've heard some news on the other games and may get more news on them later this year, but the other 2 we've heard nothing on for some time now. I think it's safe to say only those 2 will be canceled.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

They will release for the nx perhaps

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

Around the Network

For FF I hope so. The game is going to bomb so hard that it will do more damage than good. Now, focus those resources in another game to recup the loses.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

I think Project Guard and Robot are being implemented in some way in SF0 since Miyamoto created these projects along with SF0. They probably will be side quests that Nintendo has mentioned since the side quests are meant to have different types of gameplay compared to the main missions in SF0. Plus, they were in early stages, why do we have to judge when they were in early stages?

Metroid is probably being revamped or something. I hope it's not canceled because I would like to see where Tanabe was going with this idea. Yeah, the E3 reception was bad, but since Tanabe really wanted to develop this as part of the Metroid side story, I was interested in learning more about the Federation.

I also hope Genei Ibun Roku #FE isn't canceled for the west. Regardless of what fans think of the idol concept, it's an interesting take on SMT/Persona and Fire Emblem. The developers from both IS/Nintendo and Atlus must've really enjoyed doing this based on their interviews as they decided to take the crossover to an interesting direction.

Similar to Federation Force, I am a little peeved when fans adamantly reject these ideas when the directors and producers really want to go through with these ideas...but I digress.

As for Project Treasure...ill probably get it if it sticks to the F2P model as I've had little interest in the game. However, I'm uncertain whether it will come since it hasn't been mentioned for Western audiences since its initial announcement.

I always assumed the "project" games to be glorified test demos. Dunno what people expected from them XD

StarOcean said:
I always assumed the "project" games to be glorified test demos. Dunno what people expected from them XD

Inb4 Guard was just a test idea for Pikmin 4

"I think it will be the HDS"-Me in regards to Nintendo's next handheld.

I feel like I'm the only person I'd buy Federation Force, so I won't be surprised if it was cancelled. And Project Robot/Guardian would be more gameplay concepts to introduce on some other games, I don't think they stand as their own. No chance SMTxFE won't release, and localise Lost Reaver is not a big deal not to do it.