By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would you be OK with Nintendo killing the Wii U so early?

Are you ok with killing the Wii U so early?

Yes 320 53.60%

No 277 46.40%

Total:597
RolStoppable said:
AEGRO said:

I forgot that 3rd party games dont exist and everyone has a gaming rig by defult. My bad.

The question that people have to ask themselves is what would they have lost out on if they didn't buy a particular system. Say, I bought an Xbox One at launch and three years later I reflect on the games library and realize that I could have gotten virtually every game I liked on the PS4 as well, but with the added bonus of a couple of exclusive games that I would have liked to play too. I would regret my purchase of the Xbox One because in hindsight there's no justification why I should have ever owned that system.

Games are games Rol.

The same could be asked to Wii U only owners when they reflect on the 3rd party  games that they have missed, it goes both ways.

The point of the matter is, every console has exclusives but the vast majority of the videogames on the market are 3rd party. Judging a console catalog exclusively by its exclusives is too biased.

Around the Network
AEGRO said:
RolStoppable said:
TimCliveroller said:
How the fuck can you find such justifications? Name at least one console (nothing obscure) that was handled so disrespectfully?

You mean justifications to be okay with an end after four years?

It's simple, really. The Wii U is home to some of the best games of this generation and the system didn't need three years to have a somewhat acceptable library of exclusives.

I forgot that 3rd party games dont exist and everyone has a gaming rig by defult. My bad.

What's your point?That if the Wii U stayed out another year it'd get the 3rd party games you are talking about? Or is your comment a desperate jab at Nintendo fans to try and undervalue what the Wii U has brought this gen.

Doesn't change the fact that Nintendo has some of the best games this gen, and a great lineup of exclusives. Zelda U will also top that list as well. While I'd personally like to see another year with the last games I'd like to see released (Metroid, an actual Animal Crossing game, a home console main line Fire Emblem game, ect), this gen has delivered when including what is still announced.

There are two kind of people here:

a) Ones like me that spent money for Wii U (+ pro controller + hard disk because hard drive is small + more)

b) People that skipped Wii U and they don't give a shit

And then people from category b) call people of category a) Drama Queens.
Makes sense.

bigtakilla said:
AEGRO said:

What's your point?That if the Wii U stayed out another year it'd get the 3rd party games you are talking about? Or is your comment a desperate jab at Nintendo fans to try and undervalue what the Wii U has brought this gen.

Doesn't change the fact that Nintendo has some of the best games this gen, and a great lineup of exclusives. Zelda U will also top that list as well. While I'd personally like to see another year with the last games I'd like to see released (Metroid, an actual Animal Crossing game, a home console main line Fire Emblem game, ect), this gen has delivered when including what is still announced.

Why would i be desperate? I could buy the Wii U in an instant and my bank account wouldnt notice.

Im just refering to this part of Rol's comment:

"It's simple, really. The Wii U is home to some of the best games of this generation and the system didn't need three years to have a somewhat acceptable library of exclusives."

Like i said, games are games. At the end of the day a Console catalog is judged by the games as a whole, not exclusivities.

If you read my previous comments i said that i would be pissed if i were a Wii U owner because i believe in long generations, it gives time to developers to release their games.

AEGRO said:
bigtakilla said:

Why would i be desperate? I could buy the Wii U in an instant and my bank account wouldnt notice.

Im just refering to this part of Rol's comment:

"It's simple, really. The Wii U is home to some of the best games of this generation and the system didn't need three years to have a somewhat acceptable library of exclusives."

Like i said, games are games. At the end of the day a Console catalog is judged by the games as a whole, not exclusivities.

If you read my previous comments i said that i would be pissed if i were a Wii U owner because i believe in long generations, it gives time to developers to release their games.

The lack of actual relevance is what came off as desperate. I think anyone on this website of working age and has a job could afford all 3 systems of they wanted them.

That said, the Wii U library is really good and will get stronger this year, and it seems like the exact point of the NX and a unified handheld console/home console is to help the systems game library.

That said I even agree with you to a degree, I think a console gen should be no less than 5 years. If Nintendo IS planning on releasing the NX in year 4 (which I have my doubts it'll release before 2017), they better show a DAMN good reason they did, or I'll be right there with anyone who's pissed off.

Around the Network

Do you honestly not get it?

Ownership of a Wii U doesn't exclude ownership of other gaming options. People will ask themselves if the Wii U had enough games for itself to have been worth their investment. Somebody who owns a Wii U and PS4 isn't going to look at the Wii U and dismiss it because of third party titles that are not on the Wii U; said third party games were going to be bought for the PS4 all along, so it doesn't matter whether or not they were available for the Wii U as well. In other words, the absence of third party content doesn't nullify the presence of first party content which already justified the Wii U investment. And if the games justified the console purchase, then you'll be okay with a new system being launched. The conclusion is all the same if you only own a Wii U.

Is that sort of judgment free of bias? Of course it's not. The people who decide whether a console was worth the investment are the individuals themselves, and someone who doesn't like Grand Theft Auto won't care if the game was never available for the system in question.

I agree.

But then, you are contradicting yourself with this type of comments:

I just want the best for Nintendo, and like i previously said, if the fusion of handheld and console will make them focus entirely on a single platform, that would be the best case scenario for them and for us gamers.

But my point of view wont change, i believe in long generations.

Technically, you cannot kill something that is already dead.

PREDICTIONS FOR END OF 2015: (Made Jan 1st 2015)

PS4 - 34M - XB1 - 21m - WII U -12M

kristianity77 said:
Technically, you cannot kill something that is already dead.

It's not the Vita. Nintendo is at least supporting the Wii U.

I will add something for people that claim we can easily have all 3 systems.

A) This site is international so if you are from a rich country we don't give a shit about how you think economics.

B) Even if someone can afford it he has dozens other things he has or wants to pay for.

And now On topic for the Wii U :
When i bought Wii U i knew i would buy a PS4 too (and allready got gaming PC)
but I personally expect more exclusive games for a console that has so low third party support.
You cannot compare PS4 that has all the third party games + dozens of exclusive third party games
( especially JRPGs)

AEGRO said:

Third parties don't exist for Nintendo.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile