By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would you be OK with Nintendo killing the Wii U so early?

Are you ok with killing the Wii U so early?

Yes 320 53.60%

No 277 46.40%

Total:597
bigtakilla said:
kristianity77 said:
Technically, you cannot kill something that is already dead.

It's not the Vita. Nintendo is at least supporting the Wii U.

The Vita is still receiving support and has more games than the Wii U, just because its not from Sony themselves doesn't neigate these facts.   Nintendo releasing games for the Wii U doesn't not exempt it from failure status, just as vita still receiving games doesnt exempt it.  Its time to move on from 2013.

Around the Network
Azuren said:
Yes and no.

Yes, because I already spent money on a Wii U.

No, because I would have spent that money anyway.

Honestly, though, people should be allowed to send a code from their Wii U to Nintendo to request a discount on NX. It could be limited to one per console, so only around 11 million-ish of these codes would be eligible.

They should try and do something. Maybe not a discount on the NX console but maybe a free game or controller. Anything would help honestly.

Train wreck said:
bigtakilla said:

The Vita is still receiving support and has more games than the Wii U, just because its not from Sony themselves doesn't neigate these facts.   Nintendo releasing games for the Wii U doesn't not exempt it from failure status, just as vita still receiving games doesnt exempt it.  Its time to move on from 2013.

No one is putting their big guns (higher budgeted titles) on Vita, that's the facts.

CaptainExplosion said:
Train wreck said:
bigtakilla said:

Pfft! Even Sony doesn't give a damn about the Vita. Even Nintendo hasn't been that harsh with the Wii U.

Sony announced last year that they will shifting focus to solely the PS4 so anyone expecting more games from them is an idiot.  From December 2011 to about mid 2013 sony's output for the system was adaquate.  Continuing to throw money/time/resources at a system that was underperforming in an industry (dedicatd handheld gaming) in terminal decline doesn't make too much sense to me.

But hopefully the offtopics stop as this thread is about the Wii U and killing it early, there was no real reason to bring anything else into it.

bigtakilla said:
Train wreck said:

No one is putting their big guns (higher budgeted titles) on Vita, that's the facts.

Why would they? Sony has already setup a system where a publisher can make a game once and adapt it to handheld or console.  It works wonders for the Japanese gaming world as the vita has received multiple high profile, high budget games that I am sure they would have not gotten otherwise and that looks to continue this year.

And western developers are ignoring handhelds and the Wii U altogether.

Are we done?

Around the Network

No. I would be done with Nintendo.

CaptainExplosion said:

Third party devs only bail out on Nintendo because of sales, not hardware specs. Sales are all they care about.

Since when did third party games even sell well on Nintendo systems?

AEGRO said:

Do you honestly not get it?

Ownership of a Wii U doesn't exclude ownership of other gaming options. People will ask themselves if the Wii U had enough games for itself to have been worth their investment. Somebody who owns a Wii U and PS4 isn't going to look at the Wii U and dismiss it because of third party titles that are not on the Wii U; said third party games were going to be bought for the PS4 all along, so it doesn't matter whether or not they were available for the Wii U as well. In other words, the absence of third party content doesn't nullify the presence of first party content which already justified the Wii U investment. And if the games justified the console purchase, then you'll be okay with a new system being launched. The conclusion is all the same if you only own a Wii U.

Is that sort of judgment free of bias? Of course it's not. The people who decide whether a console was worth the investment are the individuals themselves, and someone who doesn't like Grand Theft Auto won't care if the game was never available for the system in question.

I agree.

But then, you are contradicting yourself with this type of comments:

"It's simple, really. The Wii U is home to some of the best games of this generation and the system didn't need three years to have a somewhat acceptable library of exclusives."

I just want the best for Nintendo, and like i previously said, if the fusion of handheld and console will make them focus entirely on a single platform, that would be the best case scenario for them and for us gamers.

Not if it means pulling a Dreamcast. Yes I now about the Xbox 360 and DS argument, but it won't work for the NX.

They need to wait till 2017 to do it so that they have more time to finalize everything hardware-wise. You want them to release an underpowered system in 2016, or a perfectly capable system in 2017?

It wouldn't be too early to release the NX when you consider that there's probably going to be a handheld and console variant.  The 3DS is on its sixth year and needs to be replaced so a holiday 2016 release of the NX handheld and a 1st half 2017 console release would be fine.

RolStoppable said:
TimCliveroller said:
How the fuck can you find such justifications? Name at least one console (nothing obscure) that was handled so disrespectfully?

You mean justifications to be okay with an end after four years?

It's simple, really. The Wii U is home to some of the best games of this generation and the system didn't need three years to have a somewhat acceptable library of exclusives.

Kiddin, right?

Ex Graphics Whore.

There's not even one iconic game that will act as a historical bookmark for the wii u... none. There are few decent titles... still... if you think about ps1, you think mgs, ff7; xbox halo, even the gamecube had RE4... (maybe Saturn is close) etc. there's only one way to save it all (at least morally): give us a fucking epic zelda

Ex Graphics Whore.

As long as Wii U owners get the games that they were promised, that's okay. I'm 100% on board. If NX gets Zelda U I'll get the NX version. I'm not that sour not to get a game on NX just because it was announced for Wii U.