By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Have you ever gotten tired of a genre of gaming you used to love?

Fighting games and RPGs from Japan. Mostly because I don't have the patience for them anymore. Fighting games usually require you to beat the game over a dozen times to unlock characters and require you to learn/relearn new moves and mechanics for characters. And JRPG's because I find most stories and characters from them to be insufferable. Plus, the grinding.

Around the Network

I got into console gaming and classic jRPGs in 2011 but by 2013 I was done with them, they feel like torture now.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Maybe fighting games and fps. They all seem boring and bland these days. Used to love goldeneye, perfect dark, red faction, medal of honour, COD. Now not so much. Also GTA5 is the first GTA where I have to force myself to play, and have now given up 30% intonit

Yes, FPS

Predicted 15+ million lifetime-sales for God of War:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=234612&page=1

Yes. FPS games. For me the height of the genre was Medal of Honor Front line (mostly thanks to the arhem knights stage). Those were the days when you got health packs and not this dumbed down health regen thing. These days, my FPS consumption is grossly reduced to about one a year.

It's like I went to sleep one night and woke up and everything was an FPS.

Around the Network

Walking simulators. I used to love these games, but I guess I overdosed during 7th gen.

What genre was it?
Shooters

Do you remember the game that was the culprit?

Not sure the exact culprit, but I used to like the local multiplayer aspect (CS ect) and focus on really good story driven first person shooters (halflife). What happend? you play online with random strangers, and its just not as fun. Also shooters focus so heavily on online multiplayer now, and shooters have just gotten stale for me.

Yes, with first person shooters. I remember I was starting to get jaded with CoD: Ghosts. I never finished the game. Now I can't feel motivated to finish other FPS like Farcry 4.

2D platformers used to be my favourite genre, but since Nintendo milked it so hard with NSMB, I'm having a break from those. Will probably be interested again later, though..

Yep.

Jump 'n Runs. I used to love them as a kid. Today I can't stand them anymore.

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.