By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - How does the World View Trump?

How do you view Donald Trump?

Favorably (American Male) 57 9.41%

Favorably (American Female) 4 0.66%

Favorably (Non-American Male) 70 11.55%

Favorably (Non-American Female) 1 0.17%

Unfavorably (American Male) 173 28.55%

Unfavorably (American Female) 4 0.66%

Unfavorably (Non-American Male) 288 47.52%

Unfavorably (Non-American Female) 9 1.49%

Total:606

I was thinking about Trump yesterday and I came up with something pretty interesting.

At first I was thinking about a thread on here asking if Trump could be the anti-christ. But according to the Bible the anti-christ wants to unite the worlds people under one flag and have all money moved to one currency. Donald Trump wants the opposite of that, making him the anti-anti-christ. So Trump is basically the second coming, lol.

Around the Network
theprof00 said:
Trumps whole thing is that he talks to the people on their level.
I don't thinkk he really has any qualifications to make him the president and I think the only reason why people like him is because he comes off as "that guy from the barbershop that makes a lot of sense when you don't check his facts"
Americans are stupid. They think they should have a president that thinks and talks like them. The problem is that someone who thinks and talks like the average person, is an average person himself, not a president.

Furthermore, Trump uses his hands a lot and is very streetwise. Beware of people who use their hands a lot when they're talking. Most people I've met that do this are liars.

I would say that those who "talk with their hands" tend to be more emotional and prone to exagerration (which could be termed a form of lying).

Just another USA president (or whatever he is ATM), I'm not tricked by their irrelevant verbal appearances (say, Bush vs Obama vs Trump).

PS it's kinda tricky to get an unbiased opinion, some might wonder does such a thing exist at all? We are not robots.

CU......or CF ?

bigtakilla said:
I was thinking about Trump yesterday and I came up with something pretty interesting.

At first I was thinking about a thread on here asking if Trump could be the anti-christ. But according to the Bible the anti-christ wants to unite the worlds people under one flag and have all money moved to one currency. Donald Trump wants the opposite of that, making him the anti-anti-christ. So Trump is basically the second coming, lol.

That's a hard sell, but please try lol.

A businessman without any political qualifications whatsoever. I can see where his appeals come from, but I doubt he believes half the things he says. I doubt he has a plan.

Around the Network
Insidb said:
bigtakilla said:

That's a hard sell, but please try lol.

Oh, that's pretty much it. He simply wants the opposite of what the anti-christ is supposed to try and accomplish. Lol.

Insidb said:
theprof00 said:
Trumps whole thing is that he talks to the people on their level.
I don't thinkk he really has any qualifications to make him the president and I think the only reason why people like him is because he comes off as "that guy from the barbershop that makes a lot of sense when you don't check his facts"
Americans are stupid. They think they should have a president that thinks and talks like them. The problem is that someone who thinks and talks like the average person, is an average person himself, not a president.

Furthermore, Trump uses his hands a lot and is very streetwise. Beware of people who use their hands a lot when they're talking. Most people I've met that do this are liars.

I would say that those who "talk with their hands" tend to be more emotional and prone to exagerration (which could be termed a form of lying).

In my experience, yes I'd agree that they at least appear more emotional. However, the people I've known use it as a tool of manipulation. 

theprof00 said:
Insidb said:

In my experience, yes I'd agree that they at least appear more emotional. However, the people I've known use it as a tool of manipulation. 

To emphasize and make a hyperbolic comment appear anecdotal...absolutely.

Insidb said:
theprof00 said:

Just as a fun little aside, since we're in agreement here.
My first experience with this was the sister of my ex.
Her sister learned early on that if she showed excitement about something, she could get my ex to brush her teeth when she was a child.
She'd be like "HEY, LeeEeEt's go Brush our TEETH" and wave her hands pretending to be excited.
Later on in life, she got really good at this. She could get people to do her laundry, take her to dinner, all sorts of favors.
She would do this thing like, people would come over, and she'd make brownies and then be like "Oh! We don't have any milk! Hey, X, would you mind getting milk since I made brownies for everyone?"

And people didn't want to be rude in the face of "such generosity" so they'd do it. 
I fell for it about a dozen times before I realized that all the emphasis and liveliness were just tools of manipulation.

As such, I've noticed it more and more with people. I've become very wary of someone who comes off as very charasmatic and animated.

theprof00 said:
Insidb said:

Just as a fun little aside, since we're in agreement here.
My first experience with this was the sister of my ex.
Her sister learned early on that if she showed excitement about something, she could get my ex to brush her teeth when she was a child.
She'd be like "HEY, LeeEeEt's go Brush our TEETH" and wave her hands pretending to be excited.
Later on in life, she got really good at this. She could get people to do her laundry, take her to dinner, all sorts of favors.
She would do this thing like, people would come over, and she'd make brownies and then be like "Oh! We don't have any milk! Hey, X, would you mind getting milk since I made brownies for everyone?"

And people didn't want to be rude in the face of "such generosity" so they'd do it. 
I fell for it about a dozen times before I realized that all the emphasis and liveliness were just tools of manipulation.

As such, I've noticed it more and more with people. I've become very wary of someone who comes off as very charasmatic and animated.

I'm a little confused here: this bitch had the force!?