By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - 28/12/15 - 03/01/16

RolStoppable said:
Train wreck said:
Pavolink said:

The fact that a console like the Wii U outsold it by a lot, and in the biggest week of the year, it's a shame that nothing will erase.

I think its Japanese parents believing that the Wii U is the Wii, they, like many parents  the world over, didn't get the memo.

This reeks of desperation.

Smells more like a bad joke.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Around the Network
Pavolink said:
Train wreck said:

I think its Japanese parents believing that the Wii U is the Wii, they, like many parents  the world over, didn't get the memo.

Excuses.

indeed

Chances of nintendo announcing splatoon 1.6mil by years end in Japan?

At least 1.45mil (they better give us a number)

Pavolink said:
OneKartVita said:
Wii U dropped hard which means it's short stay at the top is over. Ps4 home console domination is back and 2016 will be a big year!

3DS doing good for such an old dog that's sold so much already and Vita showing no signs of death. The console will pass 5m easily next year.

The fact that a console like the Wii U outsold it by a lot, and in the biggest week of the year, it's a shame that nothing will erase.

Yep! Wii U gets hardly any games but it still managed to compete with the PS4, 3DS and Vita this holiday where these consoles/handhelds gets lots of love from developers. 

Kagerow said:
I heard the critics saying #FE feels nothing like Fire Emblem or SMT. Can anyone confirm that? (Although I heard game itself is great.)

From my understanding when the characters transform, their battle suit/costume resembles the characters in Fire Emblem. Not sure what else is related to it but thats the only thing i can notice without english translation.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Everything but WiiU and 3DS are up from last week. Why are these 2 down?

Around the Network

2016 is going to be making people jizz...I think.

Lawlight said:

Vita is down too on Media create, which is the superior tracker.

The reason being is correlation, if you spent all your money last week on Wii U, 3DS, Vita it will not be spent next week. I think the two weeks is best combined then averaged out to see the holiday boost.

17./27. [3DS] New Super Mario Bros. 2 # (Nintendo) {2012.07.28} (¥4.800) - 9.828 / 2.421.040
20./23. [3DS] Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo) {2011.12.01} (¥4.800) - 8.122 / 2.589.230

These legs, oh god! Also, I got my answer Mario games have longer legs than pokemon games, which are probably sell faster, that's why... (there wasn't pokemon x/y or OR/AS in the top in the holidays period)...

Lawlight said:

Because they did so well the week before? (biggest week for Nintendo) 

tbone51 said:
Lawlight said:

Because they did so well the week before? (biggest week for Nintendo) 

The WiiU outselling the PS4 for 2 weeks is odd in itself. Must be a different market that shops only for the holidays.