By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - It's November 21st 2016. The NX is out and more powerful than the PS4. Are 3rd parties on board?

3rd party multiplats

Support the NX 224 41.87%

Ignore the NX 311 58.13%

Total:535

I buy every Xbox and Nintendo product, so lets just hope it is this good.

Around the Network

Power alone is not the issue, its the user base who are always ignoring the 3rd parties. I dont think 3rd parties will continue support for it unless it reaches 8-10 million after a year and price of the conosle is less than PS4/XB1.

GAMING is not about spending hours to pass/waste our time just for fun,

its a Feeling/Experience about a VIRTUAL WORLD we can never be in real, and realizing some of our dreams (also creating new ones).

So, Feel Emotions, Experience Adventure/Action, Challenge Game, Solve puzzles and Have fun.

PlayStation is about all-round "New experiences" using new IP's to provide great diversity for everyone.

Xbox is always about Online and Shooting.

Nintendo is always about Fun games and milking IP's.

Nighthawk117 said:
It's Nov. 21, 2016 and the PS4 has a sales lead of 45m over the NX. Who do you think 3rd parties are gonna support? Duh.

Exactly why Nintendo should take their time with the console NX and release as close to the next gen as possible. Release the handheld version first in 2016/17, ride out the Wii U, and start afresh with a competitive console in 2018. A mid gen console is a bad move in my opinion because the first 3rd party excuse will be low install base.

Is the issue really if third party devs will support NX, or will Nintendo gamers support third parties? Can't get the former without the latter.

RJ_Sizzle said:
Is the issue really if third party devs will support NX, or will Nintendo gamers support third parties? Can't get the former without the latter.

Yep...

Look at all the crap people are giveing XB1 for how it managed Rise of the tomb raider.. 

Meanwhile when nintendo has 3rd party games, they usually just leave them to live or die on their own. No one even calls them out on it, because its basically just expected at this point. Nintendo dont care enough to invest any money in 3rd party, marketing or run ads for not their own games, ect.

Nintendo only care about their own software. XB1 and PS4 are differnt, they live from 3rd party and are invested in it.

Around the Network

Third parties won't support the NX.

Here's why: Nintendo is well known for their crappy SDK (I read that the Wii U SDK is as cheap as a N64 devkit), and more importantly, the public is just not there. People who play Fifa and COD or Destiny or whatever are on PlayStation or Xbox, not Nintendo.

I predict the NX will be Nintendo's last main home console. There is no need for 3 competing home consoles on this market and that is reflect by Wii U sales.

NX will most likely launch in 2017 not 2016 and 3rd parties are interested in developing for it, just not a lot

-Mahly

RJ_Sizzle said:

And this will largely depend on whether Nintendo convinces people outside its core to get in on NX. Core Nintendo fans are not going to be buying CoD by the crate. The question is will the NX be able to attract the type of people who will? I somewhat doubt it.

Third parties will do what they do. They will undoubtedly dip their toes in the waters of the NX - but if they get burned, they will certainly not be returning.

oMahly said:
NX will most likely launch in 2017 not 2016 and 3rd parties are interested in developing for it, just not a lot

The later the NX launch... the higher the PS4 & XB1 install base.

By end of 2016, PS4 will be over 55million units sold.

The higher that number goes (the longer the NX waits to launch) the less likely it is to get 3rd party back.