By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - It's November 21st 2016. The NX is out and more powerful than the PS4. Are 3rd parties on board?

3rd party multiplats

Support the NX 224 41.87%

Ignore the NX 311 58.13%

Total:535

It will depends on the library Nintendo is going to release.

Will it be a library full of great looking ambitious titles that send the message to consumers about the power of the console? Or will be another mediocre unambitious library full of excuses and games nobody asked for that sends the wrong message and the wrong perception of being again underpowered?

Remember: a console can be powerful as no other, but it need the games to showcase it.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Around the Network

I say they would stay on board but would not focus too much in NS, PS4 would still be the lead plataform due to the massive install base the console will already have. Things would get rather wierd once Sony ans Xbox released theyre next consoles (2018 maybe ?) cause the NX would have install base by them but not the power of the new kids on the block.

They will support NX if and only if, porting is as easy as it is for PS4 and Xbone. NX will continue to get ignored as long as porting requires an entire team to port to it. Big companies aren't willing to spend money on ports that take months, when they could take weeks (just as a comparison).

However, I am a firm believer that NX will not aim to compete against PS4 and XBone and will go on to do its own thing. This only has two outcomes:

1.) It becomes a huge success, and 3rd parties want in on it (as long as it's easy to develop for)

2.) It becomes a Nintendo Fan system like the Wii U and sells like corn nuts.

Well if its 2016, and comparable to the XB1 and PS4 in specs, it may have a chance.

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).

Normchacho said:
zorg1000 said:

If the console is weak than so be it, as long as it has a strong and effective marketing campaign, a nice price point for what the device offers and a large library of compelling software than it can be a successful device without being a powerhouse.

Then the word of mouth is that Nintendo is blind to it's own issues and once again failed to make a console powerful enough to meet the demands of modern gaming. The vocal hardcore crowd ignores it, as do third parties. Initial sales are weak which means it's risky for Nintendo to spend large budgets on big games, the library suffers and we have a Wii U 2.0.

Nope, because remember what the point was to begin with? That the handheld & console would share a complete library. So at a minimum were looking at Nintendo's full support, strong Japanese 3rd party support, strong indie support, and if things go well than moderate support of western titles.

From EA, annual sports titles, Need for Speed, Plants vs Zombies, some Star Wars titles. From Activision, Skylanders, Call of Duty, Guitar Hero, licensed properties. From Ubisoft, Just Dance, Rayman. From Warner Bros, various Lego titles. Plus if the user base is large enough than its possible we could see these developers release exclusive titles or smaller spinoffs of their mainstream titles.

If Nintendo can sell something like 5+ million consoles/year and 10+ million handhelds/year that share a library than that would create a large enough install base to peak the interest from 3rd parties.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network

>Nintendo
>Competitive price
Not gonna happen lol... like someone said before, Nintendo is the Apple of console gaming

zorg1000 said:
Normchacho said:

Then the word of mouth is that Nintendo is blind to it's own issues and once again failed to make a console powerful enough to meet the demands of modern gaming. The vocal hardcore crowd ignores it, as do third parties. Initial sales are weak which means it's risky for Nintendo to spend large budgets on big games, the library suffers and we have a Wii U 2.0.

Nope, because remember what the point was to begin with? That the handheld & console would share a complete library. So at a minimum were looking at Nintendo's full support, strong Japanese 3rd party support, strong indie support, and if things go well than moderate support of western titles.

From EA, annual sports titles, Need for Speed, Plants vs Zombies, some Star Wars titles. From Activision, Skylanders, Call of Duty, Guitar Hero, licensed properties. From Ubisoft, Just Dance, Rayman. From Warner Bros, various Lego titles. Plus if the user base is large enough than its possible we could see these developers release exclusive titles or smaller spinoffs of their mainstream titles.

If Nintendo can sell something like 5+ million consoles/year and 10+ million handhelds/year that share a library than that would create a large enough install base to peak the interest from 3rd parties.

Not if the power isn't there for those games. Very few third party developers are going to be willing to put in the effort and resources to make dumbed down versions of their games because Nintendo has to be a special little snowflake.

The flip side is worse. If Nintendo gives it's systems the power to run those games than they're looking at a $300 home console and a $400 handheld. Handheld sales would collapse and they'd be trading a lock on the handheld market for a chance at a bigger piece of the home console pie.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Well, it is not just about power, or even install base. I think a great deal of this has to do with business relationships a.k.a how Nintendo manages to convince third parties to support their console (and before anyone tells me that Nintendo doesn't have to do do this, YES, at this point THEY HAVE TO).

I mean, how many third parties bundles have we seen on the Wii U?  Right now I can only think of ZombiU and Skylanders, am I forgetting any?

And how often do we see advertising from Nintendo for 3rd party games when compared to the others?  And again, if the others do it, sorry but THEY HAVE to do it as well. 

So, what I'm trying to say here is, that aside from the Console power and install base, Nintendo also needs to be willing to INVEST SOME MONEY to build business relationships with the bigger triple AAA third parties (I'm not talking about Indies here).

JRPGfan said:

Nintendo need to stop going overboard with gimmicks and just focus on putting out more and better quality games than it already does.

Thats it... the end, nothing more needed.  3rd party games + mario/zelda on 1 console => winner in my book.

That alone should put nintendo back into a healthy competitive state.

That's the thing that more Nintendo fans fail to understand (and looks like Nintendo itself as well)

If there was one console where we could play COD, FIFA, Witcher, FarCry, Mortal Kombat, Star Wars, Destiny, The Division, Fallout, etc etc  PLUS  Zelda U, Xenoblade, Mario Kart, Splatoon, Metroid, Bayoneta, Mario Maker, etc.  wouldn't that be AN AWESOME console??

NOTE: And before anyone tells me that people buy Nintendo consoles only for Nintendo games.  Well, there's not much of a choice, is it?

Normchacho said:
zorg1000 said:

Not if the power isn't there for those games. Very few third party developers are going to be willing to put in the effort and resources to make dumbed down versions of their games because Nintendo has to be a special little snowflake.

Which games in peticular are u referring to? I listed a lot of things there. Power really doesn't matter for alot of games as long as Nintendo's devices support the current game engines & middleware. Japanese, indie & family friendly support are a given. Wii got ports of Call of Duty, Need for Speed, EA Sports titles, plus various exclusives despite being like 1/20 the power of PS3/360 so as long as there is an active install base that will buy these games and they are profitable than 3rd parties will support it. These games don't need to be massive 5-10 million sellers but if 3rd party games can sell 1 million and generate a decent profit than that is worthwhile for them.

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.