By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - It's November 21st 2016. The NX is out and more powerful than the PS4. Are 3rd parties on board?

3rd party multiplats

Support the NX 224 41.87%

Ignore the NX 311 58.13%

Total:535

No.

Third party + nintendo = lol.

They're too afraid of the nintendo popularity, and i can't blame them when you see sales.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:
potato_hamster said:

Scratch what I said. I made a dumb.

So it's possible those games made a little profit or at least broke even?

Yes. Yes it is.

Darwinianevolution said:
midrange said:
Thunderbird77 said:
midrange said:

Third party support is not limited to third party ip.

a port coming late should not be an excuse for poor sales. Next gen versions of GTA, last of us, and Destiny sold very well on next gen despite being "late"

The other games listed did not sell well. Rayman and zombiu sold poorly (source: Ubisoft). That was the whole reason for the ports to other consoles.

Marketing and overratedness caused that. Check how late ports of small/medium franchises sell. Check other late ports the ps4 and x1 got, you'll see plenty in the 200-300k range, from games that sold 1-2 million on ps360.

Yes, marketing and overratedness did cause good sales. That's an intentional and valid strategy that Sony did with destiny. Nothing prevented Nintendo from doing the same with third parties

Well, they supported and advertised Bayonetta 2, Skylanders and Lego, and it really didn't help that much. And to advertise other 3rd party games, first you need to make sure your version isn't the worst (Batman AO, ACIII-IV, WD...), or at the very least make sure the game works (Sonic Boom was promoted by Nintendo as an exclusive, and look how it all ended up).

im sorry but you cant compare Ninty to what Sony does. Sony had not one but TWO Destiny bundles, both special editions and ads. REAL ads, like on TV, exclusive content for the game, etc. Ninty didnt do any of that for Bayo 2. Thats what i was referring too when i said Ninty doesnt go as hard as the others. Maybe thats why it didnt help that much. 

Also i think SOny and MS keep a closer eye on the game to make sure it doesnt suck. Ninty clearly didnt do that with Sonic, that was on them.

I think it'll be Wii U all over again, lots of promises but in the end when the new-console-hype is over the 3rd parties will vanish.