By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FF15 director compares the game to The Last of Us

Ruler said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

I don't know many men who look like this. 

Flat chested lesbians... maybe.

Yeah more homophobia plz,

If you dont like the design then FF isnt for you so move on and stop bitching about a game you wouldnt buy anyways and telling gamers how men are supposed to look like. Go play your God of War or Gears, they have more mascolur male characters if thats what you like

First off, try reading what I have said in this thread under that post. Second, there's no need to get personally offended, lobby insults at me and become emotionally compromised over someone elses views whether they be positive or negative, on a freakin' video game. No one insulted you. No one insulted a family member or yours. It's an opinion on a video game. 

Around the Network
leyendax69 said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

I don't know many men who look like this. 

Flat chested lesbians... maybe.

Nothing really different to what we have seen in japanese games from Square in the past tbh

We saw it and was hated/disliked like FFXIII or FFVIII, people prefer the Final Fantasy games where the Fantasy part is important.  FFIX had no realistic characters but that was totally fine because the Fantasy characters were great.  When you use realistic characters it gets harder to get into the fantasy. 

AlfredoTurkey said:
Aeolus451 said:

Probably in the japan. 

I honestly think that if these Japanese companies would go back to the 80's and 90's way of releasing games where they get remade for western audiences, that they'd do much better. The average US male can't relate to alot of that stuff and it really hurts sales imo. I mean, just LOOK at that guy on the far left. He is about as masculine as Ellen. The main character in the middle isn't much better either. 

Dude listen to yourself you want them to change their culture and be ashamed of being asian is that what youre trying to say? Do Japanese demand every western game to feature an asian male with asian beauty standards? seriously wtf?

Those 80s and 90s games were always more japanese designed if you look at the concept and characters artwork. Maybe its you who changed?

GamechaserBE said:
leyendax69 said:

Nothing really different to what we have seen in japanese games from Square in the past tbh

We saw it and was hated/disliked like FFXIII or FFVIII, people prefer the Final Fantasy games where the Fantasy part is important.  FFIX had no realistic characters but that was totally fine because the Fantasy characters were great.  When you use realistic characters it gets harder to get into the fantasy. 

Well I guess most people determines the "fantasy" based off the character design then... rather than the story development, overworld and gameplay

Ruler said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

I honestly think that if these Japanese companies would go back to the 80's and 90's way of releasing games where they get remade for western audiences, that they'd do much better. The average US male can't relate to alot of that stuff and it really hurts sales imo. I mean, just LOOK at that guy on the far left. He is about as masculine as Ellen. The main character in the middle isn't much better either. 

Dude listen to yourself you want them to change their culture and be ashamed of being asian is that what youre trying to say? Do Japanese demand every western game to feature an asian male with asian beauty standards? seriously wtf?

Those 80s and 90s games were always more japanese designed if you look at the concept and characters artwork. Maybe its you who changed?

Streets of Rage featured two musclar Americanized males and one busty Americanized woman beating the fuck out of enemies as they worked their way through an American city and crime syndicate. Sega of Japan didn't want to make a sequel but Sega of America did because they knew it had western appeal. Sega of Japan gave in, and made the game anyway. It did great in the US as a result.

Sonic the Hedgehog was originally going to either be a walking egg character, or he was going to have fangs, play electric guitar, wear a spike collar and have a girlfriend named Madonna. It wasn't until Sega of America told them to change that the charcter became something western gamers would buy and love... and they did.

It's called marketing. 

Around the Network

You mean to tell me that the car is going to die at the start.

But I love that car.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

BraLoD said:

I hope it keeps breaking all over the game.
That way I'll always have an excuse to bring it to Cidney... :D

Oh boy I'm getting those Little Toaster flashbacks.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Not sure I would have gone to The Last of Us as an example of unforced gameplay and story integration.

A 10-year old game inspired by a 3-year old game. Only at Square Enix.

GamechaserBE said:
leyendax69 said:

FF8 isn't as hated as people on the internet make it out to be.  If anything FF8 fans hardly ever post online comments.  Sort of like a large portion of the FF7 fanbase (as was clearly seen to be in hiding until the FF7 remake was announced, then BAM look at those comments on youtube).  The difference there is that a lot of hardcore FF fans like FF7 due to its standard battle and leveling system so you would still see a lot of love for FF7 even when the anti FF7 fans were around.

Lube Me Up