By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - FF15 director compares the game to The Last of Us

AlfredoTurkey said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Do these guys want to make an RPG or do they want to make a action adventure game? After reading this i'm trying to figure it out. Naughty Dog knows what genre they are in and they know what works for what they make. Square seems confused.

Square has been confused since FFX-2.

Maybe its the fanbase who is confused?

FF15 has some of the best graphics ever made for multiplatform games, open world great gameplay and it looks like a great story about Menhood 

Around the Network
S.T.A.G.E. said:
Do these guys want to make an RPG or do they want to make a action adventure game? After reading this i'm trying to figure it out. Naughty Dog knows what genre they are in and they know what works for what they make. Square seems confused.

Story. The Last of Us story can easily fit in any genre including RPG.

Also. He only said the story will progress quietly during gameplay, like TLoU, nothing more. It has nothing to do with the vision or the genre. But yeah, SE has been confused for a long time. Things are seemingly getting better though.

Ruler said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

FF15 has some of the best graphics ever made for multiplatform games, open world great gameplay and it looks like a great story about Menhood 

I don't know many men who look like this. 

Flat chested lesbians... maybe.

Ruler said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

Story of war that is told through Manhood.
I assure you the road trip of friends won't be the point of the plot

AlfredoTurkey said:
Ruler said:

Probably in the japan. 

Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

Probably in the japan. 

I honestly think that if these Japanese companies would go back to the 80's and 90's way of releasing games where they get remade for western audiences, that they'd do much better. The average US male can't relate to alot of that stuff and it really hurts sales imo. I mean, just LOOK at that guy on the far left. He is about as masculine as Ellen. The main character in the middle isn't much better either. 

Flexing our insecurity time already ?
Nice

VXIII said:
Nice

I'm looking at this from a marketing standpoint only. It's hard to sell a game based on effeminate asian males to a western male consumer.

AlfredoTurkey said:
VXIII said:
Nice

I'm looking at this from a marketing standpoint only. It's hard to sell a game based on effeminate asian males to a western male consumer.

I not sure about the about that, I believe anime in general has a sizable fanbase all over the world. That is SE target audience. Afterall designing a muscular, bald male isn't hard if they wanted to. I'm not sure about the western culture, but women here will be all over Noctis ( the guy in the middle ) xD

Anyways, your picture is old (so is my avatar) and the look of the characters has changed.

VXIII said:
AlfredoTurkey said:
VXIII said:
Nice

I not sure about the about that, I believe anime in general has a sizable fanbase all over the world. That is SE target audience. Afterall designing a muscular, bald male isn't hard if they wanted to. I'm not sure about the western culture, but women here will be all over Noctis ( the guy in the middle ) xD

Anyways, your picture are old (so is my avatar) and the look of the characters has changed.

Anime is niche here. It has it's hard core, obbsessed group of fans but not nearly close to mainstream in popularity. Outside of Nintendo, which deals is black magic, it's really difficult to sell Japanese-centric games here anymore. There was a time, but then Sega, Sony and then Microsoft changed everything.