By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - PlatinumGames announces Scalebound has been delayed

Not shocked really. Seems most AAA exclusives are getting delayed. If it results in a better game, so be it.

Around the Network

That sucks, I was hoping to have this one in the near future. But whatever, more importanty I want it to be good.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

To be honest, I don't think it was ever intended for this to release this year. MS just wanted a good showing to help drive sales at Christmas, I'm expecting Recore to be next unless it's a smaller title advertised like a AAA title. And just to give this comment some context, I didn't think Uncharted 4 was ever going to release in 2015 and I'm doubtful about Horizon: Zero Dawn too.

The PS5 Exists. 

Dang, that's quite the delay. There goes one game. I wouldn't be surprised if more games scheduled this year ended up being delayed for next year. Games take longer to make than they used to.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Platinum is developing too many games, I wouldn't be surprised if more delays are announced soon.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Around the Network

Kind of expected that to be 2017 game...

And I just got an Xbone.

First delay of 2016 already?

"Just for comparison Uncharted 4 was 20x bigger than Splatoon 2. This shows the huge difference between Sony's first-party games and Nintendo's first-party games."

This game was never going to release this year if ever.MS only showed it so early because of desperation and attention.I don't get the hype anyway as the game looks no more than average just like all of the games from Platinum.

Does this mean that the PC version is delayed to 2018? Shots fired lol.

On a serious note, Platinum had to make a choice between Nier Automata (PS4) and Scalebound (XB1)

I called it once. One of the two had to be delayed. Lets hope the sales go well for both titles, so that they become even bigger and eventually work on 2 titles per year (3 with Bayonetta ). Meanwhile, 1 project per year sounds adequate.