By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - PlatinumGames announces Scalebound has been delayed

Normchacho said:
Yeah, not surprised. Platinum is stretched way too thin and the game was running like crap when it was shown.

Also, let the record show that the first 2016 game that was delayed to 2017 wasn't a PS4 game.

Nor was it a Nintendo game ;)

Around the Network

Whooooooo! First major delayed game of 2017!

Normchacho said:
Yeah, not surprised. Platinum is stretched way too thin and the game was running like crap when it was shown

Game looked really buggy graphically when it was shown.

If graphics are in that state, and their still showing it off, rest of game most not be anywhere near finished either.

*combat looked abit iffy too.

fleischr said:
It's first reveal was really rough, hopefully they can make it better.

Glad Im not the only one who thought so.

Seems like alot of others noticed it as well.

Damn, was excited about this title. The reason I was glad I had an Xbone.

Yeah there's 0 chance of ReCore being out in 2016. Scale bound CGI in 2014, gameplay 1 year later, release in 2017. Recore CGI in 2015, still no gameplay or a single screenshot. They just didn't want to announce two slips to next year at the same time so the one that was announced first goes first, and eventually ReCore will be "delayed" too

Around the Network
AbbathTheGrim said:
StuOhQ said:

So... you haven't played many of their games, then?

Play through "Bayonetta 2" and then try to say that with a straight face.

My brother-in-law couldn't stand the game even when he is a DevilMayCry fan. No matter how much I explain the game's virtues he won't bite. Opinions like those can exist.

Exactly what about the game couldn't he stand?

Bayo 2 is more polished then any of the DmC games when they first released, and much quicker paced too. (and I'm a fan of the DmC series as well accept for the new one, but will give it a second chance after DmC 4 special edition on Xbone. The new one when first released was absolute garbage from a gameplay perspective with no lock on, and no taunts, as well as performance perspective being 30fps, and Dante's new look was horrible).

And as far as DmC 1-4, the combat is far quicker paced than those, and it does not have the annoying fixed camera anglles that will at times have you running back and forth from room to room. 

Are you sure he doesn't hate it BECAUSE it's Bayonetta, like a naustalgia thing where because the original DmC devs make Bayo now he's a little hard on the series? Or maybe he just isn't a fan of the games sexualization (the reason I never got it for the 360)? Other than that, Bayo is really an amazing series, and one of the strongest titles in the hack and slash genre.

Announced at E3 2014.

bigtakilla said:

Exactly what about the game couldn't he stand?

Bayo 2 is more polished then any of the DmC games when they first released, and much quicker paced too. (and I'm a fan of the DmC series as well accept for the new one, but will give it a second chance after DmC 4 special edition on Xbone. The new one when first released was absolute garbage from a gameplay perspective with no lock on, and no taunts, as well as performance perspective being 30fps, and Dante's new look was horrible).

And as far as DmC 1-4, the combat is far quicker paced than those, and it does not have the annoying fixed camera anglles that will at times have you running back and forth from room to room. 

Are you sure he doesn't hate it BECAUSE it's Bayonetta, like a naustalgia thing where because the original DmC devs make Bayo now he's a little hard on the series? Or maybe he just isn't a fan of the games sexualization (the reason I never got it for the 360)? Other than that, Bayo is really an amazing series, and one of the strongest titles in the hack and slash genre.

He said he didn't like the story and found it stupid that she had guns on her legs.

Bayonetta is faster and crazier than Devil May Cry, but way easier. I loved the game nonetheless.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Scalebound NX confirmed?

Welp, apparently Star Fox Zero was just the start, If I were in Sony fans, I would start thinking about a possible delay for the game they're making exclusively for PS4...