By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - PlatinumGames announces Scalebound has been delayed

Smart. The game was scheduled for Holiday 2016 so at the very least they had CoD (1st week of November), BF5 (last week of October), Halo Wars 2 (fall) and Gears of War 4 (holiday 2016) to go up against, and even though none of those games fall in the same genre as Scalebound that obviously wouldn't do good for the game's sales.
Give it a few more months for polishing and give it an easier release window, sounds like a win for pretty much everyone here.

Around the Network

MICROSOFT HAS LEARNED LESSON FROM ROTR

forest-spirit said:
And I just got an Xbone.

And now you got Boned. 😃

VGChartz♥♥♥♥♥FOREVER

Xbone... the new "N" word   Apparently I troll MS now | Evidence | Evidence

It's first reveal was really rough, hopefully they can make it better.

I predict NX launches in 2017 - not 2016

Delayed for the NX version.

Around the Network
DuckYou said:
This game was never going to release this year if ever.MS only showed it so early because of desperation and attention.I don't get the hype anyway as the game looks no more than average just like all of the games from Platinum.

So... you haven't played many of their games, then?

Play through "Bayonetta 2" and then try to say that with a straight face.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7

Considering how they had a playable demo up and running a few months ago ... they are probably putting in more time to make the game bigger and more polished. That's always good news, not like we dont have enough games to play already.

Both expected and unexpected. Platinum is usually good with meeting deadlines. I worry Nier 2 won't make it in 2016 either.

StuOhQ said:

So... you haven't played many of their games, then?

Play through "Bayonetta 2" and then try to say that with a straight face.

My brother-in-law couldn't stand the game even when he is a DevilMayCry fan. No matter how much I explain the game's virtues he won't bite. Opinions like those can exist.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

Not too interested in this game but was keeping an eye on it. There will be plenty else to play in 2016 so hopefully the delay will be for the best.

I expect a lot of "2016" games to be delayed this year.