By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will their be anything Sony and Microsoft can do to be the winner of this years E3 if the NX happens to be very highly recieved?

Tagged games:

leo-j said:
New god of war.... Crash resurrected(it's going to happen) are two big ip that can make it very hard for Nintendo so overthrow sony hype..... Sony destroyed everyone last e3.... It was probably their best e3 ever

God Of War would be a big deal, very true. But I think something would need to drastically change in the series. I don't think a GOW where they try to find even more Greek Gods no one knows or cares about would set the world on fire. If it kind of reinvented itself though it could be HUGE.

Around the Network

I think a new..... Hero for God of war with kratos being the almighty villain would be a huge thing for the series(and would make sense after the ending of the last game), there will be a new god of war....

mM

If Nintendo unveils a core console that core gamers jizz over... no... not a chance. But if they unveil another casual, underpowered console that is awkward, weird and trying to do something out of left field, I think it's quite possible Sony could win E3.

If MS and Sony give gamers what they want (good gameplay and a nice suprise or more), it will be a win in their book. Unveiling NX or showing new LoZ gameplay may not just be the only thing that "wins" E3, they need something more (in my opinion of course)

If they give details good enough to outshadow MS and Sonys showings or previous console reveals (like better price, free subscriptions, better specs and any other thoughts for the new console) then it would obviously be the better one this year

Ive been curious to see what the console is, but not curious enough to jump into it even though it may end up being as good as or better than the X1 as the rumored specs say. Decisions may change in time though

shogunknight said:
If MS and Sony give gamers what they want (good gameplay and a nice suprise or more), it will be a win in their book. Unveiling NX or showing new LoZ gameplay may not just be the only thing that "wins" E3, they need something more (in my opinion of course)

If they give details good enough to outshadow MS and Sonys showings or previous console reveals (like better price, free subscriptions, better specs and any other thoughts for the new console) then it would obviously be the better one this year

Ive been curious to see what the console is, but not curious enough to jump into it even though it may end up being as good as or better than the X1 as the rumored specs say. Decisions may change in time though

Well, I think we can safely assume if they reveal a console there will be games revealed with it.

Around the Network
Aeolus451 said:
So you think nintendo will win this year's E3 by default by showing the NX? Perhaps you should rephrase the question to "What do you think it will take for any of the big 3 to win this year's E3?"

You do realize that only nintendo fans are really that interested in it at this point? Because no one within the gaming world even really knows what it really is so the only people who could be hyped for an unknown nintendo device are nintendo fans. It's not like there's a pile of average consumers or casuals piling over each other to speculate about it on forums or with friends. Core gamers are pretty busy with this gen's consoles and we haven't even hit the peak yet.

These threads seem to prove the point that Nintendo fans secretly cant wait for the Wii U to be replaced I don't hear Playstation or Xbox fans constantly asking about the PS5 or X2. People really need to be happy with what they have. If they're really so desperate for something new there are other platforms available to them besides just Nintendo. 

I'm hoping the NX reveal is better than the Wii U reveal. Jesus that was embarrassing. And given Nintendo's recent history I wouldnt put it past them to pull something similar. Then again there really is no "winner" to E3. Is there? I mean, I don't pay careful attention but do they announce who won?

A new Nintendo console is always hyped. You can't compare new hardware launches with software because it will always win. So unless someone announces HL3 this will be an easy bet.

I'm not sure though if they will actually unveil their device at E3.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

StarOcean said:
Aeolus451 said:
So you think nintendo will win this year's E3 by default by showing the NX? Perhaps you should rephrase the question to "What do you think it will take for any of the big 3 to win this year's E3?"

You do realize that only nintendo fans are really that interested in it at this point? Because no one within the gaming world even really knows what it really is so the only people who could be hyped for an unknown nintendo device are nintendo fans. It's not like there's a pile of average consumers or casuals piling over each other to speculate about it on forums or with friends. Core gamers are pretty busy with this gen's consoles and we haven't even hit the peak yet.

These threads seem to prove the point that Nintendo fans secretly cant wait for the Wii U to be replaced I don't hear Playstation or Xbox fans constantly asking about the PS5 or X2. People really need to be happy with what they have. If they're really so desperate for something new there are other platforms available to them besides just Nintendo. 

I'm hoping the NX reveal is better than the Wii U reveal. Jesus that was embarrassing. And given Nintendo's recent history I wouldnt put it past them to pull something similar. Then again there really is no "winner" to E3. Is there? I mean, I don't pay careful attention but do they announce who won?

They don't but forum goers sure try too. Of course, it's all subjective. I think asking who had the best E3 is better than asking who won E3.

Sony: "299"

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5

If Nintendo comes out at E3 and announces the NX with a true 3D Mario Sequel, Zelda Wii U Port, and a new Metroid Game it'll blow everyone's mind. Microsoft's E3 format the past two years has been perfect, with all of the nonstop game talk and Sony's was great last year with all of the surprise announcements. I wish Sony would work on their presentation more and I expect their big announcement this year will be whatever game Sony Bend is working on and maybe a new God of War.