By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will their be anything Sony and Microsoft can do to be the winner of this years E3 if the NX happens to be very highly recieved?

Tagged games:

You're assuming the NX will be well received, we don't know what it is. Need to wait and see if the NX doesn't end up being a disappointment.

Around the Network
Hiku said:
bigtakilla said:

I wouldn't say it's impossible, I just don't see a lineup they can announce in that would be better. Crash alone isn't going to outdo the hype. Neither is a hum drum lineup like Crash, COD, Battlefield, Assassin's Creed, there could not be a more defining meaning of the word mediocre (outside of Crash, which I think could generate actual hype). In reality what I can see is Suikoden VI or a true sequel to Lunar, Legend Of Dragoon, and Crash would compete hell yeah. Realistically I don't think it's going to happen, and even if it did it'd just be my opinion. Suikoden VI and Lunar (as much as I'd LOVE for them to be a worldwide phenonenon) isn't really that popular mainstream. They died for a reason.

What lineup could really outdue a console reveal? It would take a LOT. And if people don't think Nintendo are going to come with their A game on software reveals for NX when it is announced, they're crazy. At least I really hope they are, because they REALLY need to. Half of what will be shown at the other conferences (COD, Assassin's Creed) will more than likely be contenders to show up on the NX anyways.

Yeah, I see it kinda like that. It's possible that they'll reveal a bunch of hype games we didn't expect. But it would take something similar to last year in order to pull it off.
Chrono Trigger 2
Suikoden VI
Shadow Hearts 3
Legend of Dragoon 2
New Crash (I never liked Crash, but apparently many do)
New Megaman
Gran Turismo VR
Resident Evil 2 Remake (We know that one is coming, but seeing it in action will make many people happy)

But that's why I think it's more likely that Nintendo win with NX, Zelda and something else like a new proper 3D Mario.
Unless Nintendo's NX turns out to be something that makes us all facepalm.

Definitely agree. I think the likelyhood is more pointing towards those things not happening, but that would make me concede. 

poppler said:
You're assuming the NX will be well received, we don't know what it is. Need to wait and see if the NX doesn't end up being a disappointment.

While true it's kind of all speculation, this is pretty much what we have to do with Nintendo. Also, to your credit the either freaking completely hit or completely miss. I'm really hoping from the disaster that was E3 2015, this year will be a big hit.

AncientDiety said:

most dont care about nintendo or NX.

Front page of this site says otherwise. Yal need to remember the NX is likely a succesor to the 3DS aswell.

Anywho, I don't really care who wins, but Nintendo damn better bring their A game after last year! I wanna see that the NX is a consumer friendly system, price not exceeding $300, no region locking, and no unnecessary gimmicks. Most importantly I wanna see the games. Zelda U, 3D Mario, Pokemon Z, Animal Crossing, Pikmin 4, Retro's game, new IP, etc., I wanna see all that and then some. Let's also have the World Championships again, the one bright spot of their last E3, and of course let's get in store demos for the NX aswell. Just go all out, that's all you gotta do Nintendo!

The last of us 2.

Around the Network

Nahhh. The allmigthy sony will win as always.

Nintendo can win E3 if they can out do the accumulative hype from all the VR platforms with their next console.

MS can win E3, if Nintendo screws up, Sony drops the ball on VR, comes up short on exclusives and they bring their AAA A game with a possible proper VR partnership and or a new cheaper X1 slim.

Sony can win if they don't screw up the VR launch, and or they reveal a ps4 slim at reduce cost and bring on the next batch of titles everyone is waiting for e.g. Getaway, Syphon Filter, Crash, LoD sequel, Onimusha sequel as an exclusive etc

The same thing they do every year: try to take over the world.

All i know is that Microsoft should worker harder this E3 then Sony, cause Sony pretty much got 2016 in it's choking grips. If PS4 can sell this well without that many Hit-in-Mainstream games, just imagine when their block-busters arrive!

I think NX will hit hard and great with their dedicated fans but i hope it can persuade other gamers as well, I want a Exclusive-game war again, where exclusives is back into the competition, cause i don't understand what is going on right now with DLC deals and so on.. which just... Ahhhh..

PSN: Opticstrike90
Steam: opticstrike90

Fei-Hung said:
Nintendo can win E3 if they can out do the accumulative hype from all the VR platforms with their next console.

MS can win E3, if Nintendo screws up, Sony drops the ball on VR, comes up short on exclusives and they bring their AAA A game with a possible proper VR partnership and or a new cheaper X1 slim.

Sony can win if they don't screw up the VR launch, and or they reveal a ps4 slim at reduce cost and bring on the next batch of titles everyone is waiting for e.g. Getaway, Syphon Filter, Crash, LoD sequel, Onimusha sequel as an exclusive etc

True, I think a HUGE part of Nintendo being pretty much a shoe in for winner definitely depends on the reception of NX. That said, if half the speculation is true, backed by the patents, it's pretty much all but a sure thing.