By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Will their be anything Sony and Microsoft can do to be the winner of this years E3 if the NX happens to be very highly recieved?

Tagged games:

AncientDiety said:
bigtakilla said:
AncientDiety said:

I never said it was not  HUGE move....nice strawman argument and also ignoring all the points I posted...does not mean it wins them e3, especially with nintendo hardware and their place in the market....Make a real argument.

You seem to think Nintendo has big sway with core gamers, who are the ones who are interested in e3..they don't at all.

E3 2006 for Sony was a huge move....they lost e3 big time, see how that works? Catch up. Nintendo has a niche audience in the mrketplace, them revealing a console will have much less effect on e3 then if Sony did...Most people will be watching e3 to see what new game sare coming to ps4 and x1...not nintendo.

My "strawman" arguement is the basis for your wall of text. 

I'm also not saying that a Nintendo console reveal would be as big as a playstation, but that isn't the case. I'm saying it's bigger than Crash (which it is).

Catch up.

Ugh no it isn't...making a big move doesn't = winning e3 or that it will even be good, we dont even know what NX is, Sorry saying nintendo has already won e3 ia laughably out of touch. Catch up. A few big games at e3 for sony would overshadow NX...most dont care about nintendo or NX.

Yet again, saying a flagship game and a console reveal isn't huge is pretty out of touch, and you don't even mention anything that could compete with it, lol. Catch up.

Around the Network
nanarchy said:
At this point it remains to be seen as to whether Nintendo can even come close to competing let alone win E3, The Wii U was such a huge disappointment that nothing short of a real revolution in gaming will allow Nintendo to win back fans, I wish them luck and I hope NX is truly something amazing but I aint holding my breath and I would not be surprised to be let down by them again.

Winning the gen does not mean winning E3. They won E3 2014 in part by showing Splatoon, but Splatoon didn't outsell any online shooter. It was just the game at E3 that gained the most hype at that event at that time, and rightfully so.

bigtakilla said:
ArchangelMadzz said:

Yeah.. look at the reaction to Shenmue, Crash has a more recent and bigger fanbase.

And look at the sales for Zelda and Crash, as well as the metas. Zelda always comes out on top.

Zelda isn't as big as you seem to think onyl 4 games have sold over 5 mill same goes with Crash. Crash coming back to playstation would be massive.

Not trying to say you're implying this ,but I feel like you are saying that the NX will just automatically lockdown E3.Also the big N has to convince many that the console will have the opening lineup and the support needed to actually compete with Sony and Microsoft.which to me is not going to happen.

Well, I don't think the NX will be revealed at E3. The trend nowadays is to do your own event during a time you don't have to share the stage. So, I expect either a Nintendo Direct or even a live event in March or April, with more details, and games at E3.

As for the question, I think it will be hard for Sony to compete. The problem with Virtual Reality is that the immersion factor which is the selling point is hard to show off. It's simply not fun to watch someone play, even with videos of the in game action. Without a better way to show this off, it's hard to see Sony blowing anyone away at E3. To be honest, Sony's never blown me away at E3. They seem to be, with some exceptions, always able to put on a solid show with good looking games, but I've never been dazzled.

Microsoft has done a good job showing Hololens off, and the tech is rather impressive. IMO this has more potential than VR does. The problem is, as it was with the Kinect, that Microsoft seems to think of good ideas in general that aren't good ideas for gaming. It's hard right now to see hololens as more than a novelty to be used for a handful of games, and a neat toy for techies, but I'd love to be proven wrong. The thing is, that MS does not have the strong developers of the other two to show the tech off. The best we got for Kinect was a Wii Sports knock off and a Sesame Street game, so I'm iffy on this.

So, basically, Nintendo has the ball in their court, but this doesn't mean they have an automatic win. Sony and MS can't beat them, but they can definitely beat themselves. We've seen a number of bad hardware reveals, such as XBone, PS3, Wii U, and a lot of ones that drew pretty mild reactions like the Wii and DS, which didn't blow gamers away, but later caught on with the mainstream.

In short, of course Nintendo can lose, cause the NX can suck. But even if they "lose" among the typical E3 audience, I don't know if that would really be a cause for concern. I think NX will skew far more casual than people think, so I'm less interested in the knee jerk reactions of gamers, and more keen on seeing how the media at large reacts.

Around the Network

If Nintendo shows of a NX thats equal to the performance of a PS4, and with a solid launch lineup... it ll probably "win" that e3 simply by the buzz generated from a new console launching.

If they dont show a strong game lineup at launch... the reaction can be "meh", its really not more powerfull than the PS4 and it doesnt have any games right now... meh.

If that happends, nintendo dont just automatically win the e3.
Even if it launches with good games, Sony or MS could still outshine them, if they just overwhelm people with tons of great looking & exciteing games.

We wont know until after we ve seen the E3.

betacon said:
bigtakilla said:

And look at the sales for Zelda and Crash, as well as the metas. Zelda always comes out on top.

Zelda isn't as big as you seem to think onyl 4 games have sold over 5 mill same goes with Crash. Crash coming back to playstation would be massive.

That's the highs, now look at the low end of sales.

JWeinCom said:
Well, I don't think the NX will be revealed at E3. The trend nowadays is to do your own event during a time you don't have to share the stage. So, I expect either a Nintendo Direct or even a live event in March or April, with more details, and games at E3.

As for the question, I think it will be hard for Sony to compete. The problem with Virtual Reality is that the immersion factor which is the selling point is hard to show off. It's simply not fun to watch someone play, even with videos of the in game action. Without a better way to show this off, it's hard to see Sony blowing anyone away at E3. To be honest, Sony's never blown me away at E3. They seem to be, with some exceptions, always able to put on a solid show with good looking games, but I've never been dazzled.

Microsoft has done a good job showing Hololens off, and the tech is rather impressive. IMO this has more potential than VR does. The problem is, as it was with the Kinect, that Microsoft seems to think of good ideas in general that aren't good ideas for gaming. It's hard right now to see hololens as more than a novelty to be used for a handful of games, and a neat toy for techies, but I'd love to be proven wrong. The thing is, that MS does not have the strong developers of the other two to show the tech off. The best we got for Kinect was a Wii Sports knock off and a Sesame Street game, so I'm iffy on this.

So, basically, Nintendo has the ball in their court, but this doesn't mean they have an automatic win. Sony and MS can't beat them, but they can definitely beat themselves. We've seen a number of bad hardware reveals, such as XBone, PS3, Wii U, and a lot of ones that drew pretty mild reactions like the Wii and DS, which didn't blow gamers away, but later caught on with the mainstream.

In short, of course Nintendo can lose, cause the NX can suck. But even if they "lose" among the typical E3 audience, I don't know if that would really be a cause for concern. I think NX will skew far more casual than people think, so I'm less interested in the knee jerk reactions of gamers, and more keen on seeing how the media at large reacts.

Nintendo said themselves they will talk about NX at E3. *edit* Or at least I thought the did, lol. And sure Nintendo could lose, which is why unless they have a disaster of a reveal, I was asking if people could think of a lineup that could best it, and you seen a lot of the nonsense from that forward.

bigtakilla said:
betacon said:

That's the highs, now look at the low end of sales.

Yes thats when it was a Sony only product before it was traded off from dev to dev, it has a huge want from playstation fans you're living in denial if you think other wise, would it sell like a zelda no but that doesn't mean it wouldn;t be bigger news.

bigtakilla said:
JWeinCom said:

Nintendo said themselves they will talk about NX at E3.

Of course they will.  I didn't say they wouldn't.  But, I don't believe they said it would be revealed at E3.  I think they'll reveal it earlier, likely around March at the end of FY 2015.