By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - What was/were the last game(s) that amazed you?

Ultrashroomz said:
Hmm, if I had to list games that have truly wowed me:

EarthBound

Xenoblade Chronicles

Splatoon

Undertale

Good choices! Earthbound was a good one too. I kept hearing about it and just played around with it at first. Then I got some time to play games again and ate it up.

danielrdp said:
Well, Super Mario Galaxy. I had stopped gaming for a few years, then I bought a Wii. Everyone was buying a Wii. It was kinda fun, but not for long, then I got my hands on Mario Galaxy. It just blew my mind. I wish Nintendo would release a SMG 3.

God knows we need Galaxy 3 on NX!

Wright said:

The two last games that truly wowed me were Dark Souls and Dragon's Dogma. The former was an eye-opener experience that made me become better by learning to play better, not just forcing trial and error. The later made me realize how much I love gaming, and appreciate how beautiful certain things are if we tolerate its visible flaws.

Yeah, Dark Souls was a game that reminded me of the good ole' days where you had to think and remember what you were doing. Left a huge sense of accomplishment with me once I finished it.

JRPGfan said:
Xenoblade Chronicles (not x)
Mario Galaxy

I still haven't beaten Xenoblade Chronicles yet. I got stuck at Shulk's girlfriend and haven't gone back since. :(

Around the Network

The last game to amaze me was Halo 2 and it was due to it's MP. The industry sort of peaked with that game. Atari 2600 was a slap to the senses, then of course Mario and the NES. The 16 bit era was another holy shit water mark and then he had Mario 64 and OOT to blow our minds and make us rethink gaming. Next it was GTA introducing sandbox heaven, then Halo 2 gave us the template for where we are at now but since then? Imo, nothing has happened. I feel like the last 11 years have been just a slow continuation on an old proven formula.

Hopefully VR brings the next revolution.

The Witcher 3 and Bloodborne

Xenoblade X

The scale is huge and the gameplay is so smooth.

Not to mention how awesome the skells are

jigokutamago said:

Xenoblade X

The scale is huge and the gameplay is so smooth.

Not to mention how awesome the skells are

Man, I'm hearing so much good about this game. I just have the burden of being a broke college dork with no free time. :( Kinda wish the Skells were called "Gears" for nostalgia sake.

Around the Network

Jade Empire really got me. I love that game and hope that one day they will revive it either with a remake or a sequel. Others for me are Metroid Prime and Fallout 3.

"Yes sir, I need a weapon."

Jay W

Paper Mario, Bioshock Infinite, Portal 2, and Kingdom Hearts 2 all have things that wowed me, but literally the only game that has wowed me all the way through was Undertale.

I'm now filled with determination.

Super Mario 64.

Metroid Prime.

Metal Gear Solid 2(didn't like it then Metal Gear Solid 3 wowed me again).

Unreal.

Half-Life 2.

Doom 3.

Bloodborne and God of war 3.

Before that

MGS 2 & 3.
FFX
Shenmue
FF8 & 9
Halo CE
Sonic adventure
ICO
Super Mario 64

The last time I was truely amazed was Mass Effect 2. Man, I loved that game!

Made a bet with LipeJJ and HylianYoshi that the XB1 will reach 30 million before Wii U reaches 15 million. Loser has to get avatar picked by winner for 6 months (or if I lose, either 6 months avatar control for both Lipe and Hylian, or my patrick avatar comes back forever).