By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Zelda Twilight Princess HD outsell Zelda Windwaker HD?

Tagged games:

Which Zelda HD remake will be the bigger one on the WiiU?

Wind Waker. It has years ... 50 34.48%

Twilight Princess. People... 84 57.93%

The remake of the Oracle ... 11 7.59%

Total:145

Miyamotoo said:

Actually I think Zelda U hype will help to sell better TP HD.

Why buy TPHD when that money could instead go towards Zelda U?

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:

Miyamotoo said:

I think Zelda U hype will help to sell better TP HD.

Why buy TPHD when that money could instead go towards Zelda U?

Cos you like Zelda and can afford both?

curl-6 said:

With the context in mind, my question is clearly directed towards one who's hyped for Zelda U but not TPHD. To word things more obvious and to the point, how is Zelda U gonna help sell TPHD and not do the opposite?

Einsam_Delphin said:
curl-6 said:

With the context in mind, my question is clearly directed towards one who's hyped for Zelda U but not TPHD. To word things more obvious and to the point, how is Zelda U gonna help sell TPHD and not do the opposite?

Some people may get impatient waiting for Zelda U and grab TPHD for a quick fix in the meantime?

curl-6 said:

Some people may get impatient waiting for Zelda U and grab TPHD for a quick fix in the meantime?

This is a series we know there's always going to be a next installment for, so that reason could apply even without Zelda U existing. If you're still impatient even after knowing Zelda U will release next year, you're probably a hardcore Zelda fan who'd buy TPHD regardless anyway. What I wanna know is what about Zelda U and it's hype specifically makes people want to grab TPHD instead of just waiting a mere 8 months. I mean let's be honest, after E3 people aren't go running out buying TPHD, they'll have forgotten all about it because Zelda U only hypes Zelda U and that's what everyone is gonna be talking about. 

Around the Network
Einsam_Delphin said:
curl-6 said:

This is a series we know there's always going to be a next installment for, so that reason could apply even without Zelda U existing. If you're still impatient even after knowing Zelda U will release next year, you're probably a hardcore Zelda fan who'd buy TPHD regardless anyway. What I wanna know is what about Zelda U and it's hype specifically makes people want to grab TPHD instead of just waiting a mere 8 months. I mean let's be honest, after E3 people aren't go running out buying TPHD, they'll have forgotten all about it because Zelda U only hypes Zelda U and that's what everyone is gonna be talking about. 

Not everyone has pre-decided what games they will and won't buy. I expect a fair few people will pick up TPHD on a whim to "tide them over".

curl-6 said:

Not everyone has pre-decided what games they will and won't buy. I expect a fair few people will pick up TPHD on a whim to "tide them over".

Well that doesn't answer my question!

Einsam_Delphin said:
curl-6 said:

Well that doesn't answer my question!

Since your question was originally directed at Miyamotoo, I guess I'll pass the buck to him then.

It doesn't deserve to. WWHD is gorgeous. TPHD is lazy.

Upcoming Games To Get

Definite: Kirby Star Allies (Switch), Mario Tennis Aces (Switch), Fire Emblem (Switch), Yoshi (Switch), Pokemon (Switch), Kingdom Hearts 3 (PS4), Monster Hunter World (PS4)

Considering: Fe (Switch), Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze (Switch), The World Ends With You (Switch), Ys VIII (Switch), Street Fighter V: Arcade Edition (PS4), Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Remix (PS4), The Last Guardian (PS4), Shadow of the Colossus HD (PS4), Anthem (PS4), Shenmue 3 (PS4), WiLD (PS4)

I remember that Wind Waker HD had a lot advertisement from Nintendo.
If Nintendo do it again with Twilight Princess HD, it will outsell Wind Waker HD.