By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Will Zelda Twilight Princess HD outsell Zelda Windwaker HD?

Tagged games:

Which Zelda HD remake will be the bigger one on the WiiU?

Wind Waker. It has years ... 50 34.48%

Twilight Princess. People... 84 57.93%

The remake of the Oracle ... 11 7.59%

Total:145

Bigger install base, but a bigger letdown in reveal too. I for one was pretty excited for how Windwaker looked. I think TPHD looks like garbage.

Around the Network

Not unless TP HD has a bundle to help it out like WW HD had.

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Yes, probably. User base is bigger now and there seems to be more hype around it. Plus, "serious" Zelda >>> "cartoon" Zelda in sales usually. I'm sure it will sell at least 2m.

Bet with Teeqoz for 2 weeks of avatar and sig control that Super Mario Odyssey would ship more than 7m on its first 2 months. The game shipped 9.07m, so I won

In the past I would have said yes, easily, but with the lazy port they are releasing I doubt it.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Einsam_Delphin said:

Miyamotoo said:

Actually I think Zelda U hype will help to sell better TP HD.

Why buy TPHD when that money could instead go towards Zelda U?

Its not like TP HD and Zelda U are relasing in same time, Zelda U will probably be realased around 8 months after TP HD, and Zelda U exaitment and hype will certanly affect on some people to buy TP HD also till Zelda U dont arives.

Around the Network
Miyamotoo said:

Its not like TP HD and Zelda U are relasing in same time, Zelda U will probably be realased around 8 months after TP HD, and Zelda U exaitment and hype will certanly affect on some people to buy TP HD also till Zelda U dont arives.

8 months really isn't much compared to the amount of time between mainline console Zeldas, certainly isn't a lot of time to sell in, but what I mainly want to know is how exactly does Zelda U entice people to get TPHD instead of, you know, not getting TPHD and picking up Zelda U. This is important, because if TPHD is still able to sell even after Zelda U drops then it would mean the huge reason against it beating WWHD, being only 8 months to sell, is a non factor. Also we say 8 months, but would you really buy TPHD a month before Zelda U? I feel even 2 or 3 months would be a stretch.

Einsam_Delphin said:
Miyamotoo said:

8 months really isn't much compared to the amount of time between mainline console Zeldas, certainly isn't a lot of time to sell in, but what I mainly want to know is how exactly does Zelda U entice people to get TPHD instead of, you know, not getting TPHD and picking up Zelda U. This is important, because if TPHD is still able to sell even after Zelda U drops then it would mean the huge reason against it beating WWHD, being only 8 months to sell, is a non factor. Also we say 8 months, but would you really buy TPHD a month before Zelda U? I feel even 2 or 3 months would be a stretch.

When last time we got HD Zelda port 8 months before new mainline 3D Zelda!? I think Zelda U exaitment and hype will definatly help to sell TP HD, but your right, after Zelda U arives TP HD will have huge drop is sales. So yes, TP HD maybe want sell more than WW HD beacuse WW HD will end up around 2m.

Miyamotoo said:

When last time we got HD Zelda port 8 months before new mainline 3D Zelda!? I think Zelda U exaitment and hype will definatly help to sell TP HD, but your right, after Zelda U arives TP HD will have huge drop is sales. So yes, TP HD maybe want sell more than WW HD beacuse WW HD will end up around 2m.

Alright I can agree with that!

I'm positive that TPHD will sell more than WW , tough let's see if Nintendo makes a bundle

yes it will