By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox One beats PS4 Three Holiday Seasons in a Row

"in the opinion of this writer"

Must be sad to only have time to play games 3 months of the year.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

It's an opinion piece so why are people in this thread getting so worked up? The writer has focused on the releases that has had the most figures and concluded that he think the X1 has had the better turnout. He's not talking about the amount of exclusives (in that case WiiU would have won) but his general impression. I don't really agree with him since I think neither of the consoles have really impressed, but you need to accept that people are entitled to their opinion and that it's not right or wrong. Stop playing the victim card and accept that some people aren't impressed while others are.

GribbleGrunger said:
mornelithe said:

And as it stands now, I'm pretty sure Sony's 2016, is already looking obscenely good.

Yeah, but there's a lot of Indie games, Japanese games, diversity and new IPs so I can't see them making any impact on the media. It's not the 35m PS4 owners Sony have to please, it's the dozen or so sites that publish well rounded arguments like this one.

Nah, these sites are actually doing us a favor.  Look at it this way, this is a website that's saying X, while most people can tell from real world conversation/experience that Y is actually the truth.  People who see this discrepency, and continue to note the disconnect between these sites reporting and reality, will start to find less value in sites like this, and, with luck, these sites will lose traffic and ultimately fold...or, be forced to change the way they do business.  Sony doesn't have to compete with that, these sites have to compete with reality.  :)

I respect article writer's opinion, and people's right to an opinion in general, but I wouldn't say that his article proves much more than that he likes Xbox more (which I do to) and may be suffering from a form of fanboyism. It's just all subjective, which doesn't help prove much of substance. Admittedly, I wrote an article about why I don't think the Wii U should be called a failure which received a lot of the same or similar complaints. I like to think my position made a little more sense and had more substance, but maybe I'm just as bad or even worse.

vivster said:

Maybe if they had Rocket League for the other 9 months it wouldnt be too bad

Around the Network
mornelithe said:

Nah, these sites are actually doing us a favor.  Look at it this way, this is a website that's saying X, while most people can tell from real world conversation/experience that Y is actually the truth.  People who see this discrepency, and continue to note the disconnect between these sites reporting and reality, will start to find less value in sites like this, and, with luck, these sites will lose traffic and ultimately fold...or, be forced to change the way they do business.  Sony doesn't have to compete with that, these sites have to compete with reality.  :)

Please answer in an equally facetious way otherwise I'm going to feel stupid that you took me seriously (even though I know you didn't).

The PS5 Exists. 

ktay95 said:
vivster said:

Maybe if they had Rocket League for the other 9 months it wouldnt be too bad

Well, they will have next year because queueing for their first online game will last until the holidays.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Wtf is with all this biased pro Xbox One media?

Sneaky little trend of people posting articles like this and disappearing.

Locking.