By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What Would You Do if You Were The Head of Xbox?

vivster said:
Mr Puggsly said:
vivster said:
Buy Nintendo, drop out of the console business, become 3rd party for PC, mobile and PS4.

Going 3rd party isnt gonna help MS push other products. People think Xbox is just MS trying to make money in gaming. Its not, its vehicle to get people interested in other things MS does as well.

If anything, I would like to see a MS console with Nintendo support. Frankly, we dont need a 3 console market. Nintendo simply cant take on Sony like MS has.

Yeah, but I would be the first consumer friendly CEO in history. If that doesn't make people interested in my company I don't know what does.

But going 3rd party is less freedom to push their products on a console and they would also throw away millions of people that subscribe to their services 

Basically MS has a large following on Xbox and your idea is throw it all away? Thats just dumb.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network

How about you put some effort for the games.

It's the opposite of the Wii U. Great hardware...but terrible games! I only see game such as Call of Duty and Halo being popular. How about some variety?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

New IPs... lots and lots of new IPs.
Make alot of RPGs, anything other than shooters.

Make the xbox brand for a wider audience

REQUIESCAT IN PACE

I Hate REMASTERS

I Hate PLAYSTATION PLUS

I'd set up a small studio that exists purely to port all Japanese third party exclusives that released on the PS4 in the West to the Xbox One whilst striking some sort of publishing/sales deal with the third party developers to bring it to the platform as more sales for them is more profit whilst Microsoft would be publishing to cover the cost of porting, Doesn't have to be a massive profit part of the business itself but as long as it covers cost and brings more games to the platform the long term sales of hardware and increased software bought on the platform would make up for it.

I would do this as most people consider the third party exclusives to be the biggest reason for owning the PlayStation console and this would give people to opportunity to still play these games whilst offering an alternate first party catalogue.

Around the Network
hershel_layton said:

It's the opposite of the Wii U. Great hardware...but terrible games! I only see game such as Call of Duty and Halo being popular. How about some variety?

This is the opposite of constructive criticism.

There is a lot of variety on X1. You should looking through its entire library. Shooters just happen to have exceptional sales on both PS4 and X1.

I have a Wii U, I like it. But it offers very little. My Wii U collection probably wont exceed 10 games. While my X1 collection is probably 50 games already.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
hershel_layton said:

This is the opposite of constructive criticism.

There is a lot of variety on X1. You should looking through its entire library. Shooters just happen to have exceptional sales on both PS4 and X1.

I have a Wii U, I like it. But it offers very little. My Wii U collection probably wont exceed 10 games. While my X1 collection is probably 50 games already.

That's what I meant. I know there are many games for it. However, most of them go unnoticed. A lot of games I see advertised are typical shooters and whatnot.

Though...at least they have some good advertising. Nintendo needs to clean up their advertisement management

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/22/2016- Made a bet with Ganoncrotch that the first 6 months of 2017 will be worse than 2016. A poll will be made to determine the winner. Loser has to take a picture of them imitating their profile picture.

I would money-hat some JRPGs and start getting stronger in that market, after that, maybe try to convince nintendo to partner up, so M$ makes Hardware and Nintendo makes the software for it, and with the JRPGs already there, Sony will have a hard time trying to stop them...

"We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us" - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock.

Drop out and focus on making Xbox part of the PC/Windows business. Everyone has a PC and only a few have an Xbox. Way more money could be made by offering halo to the PC user base than the small base Xbox has.

Just imagine, every PC and surface tablet would be an Xbox sold.

-Offer free online gaming.

-Spread out game releases throughout the year and save one big IP with a few new IPs for the holidays.

-Not buy but Build alot of new studios to double or triple 1st party output. The majority of those games will be new IPs from many genres.

-Coerce as many japanese devs into porting games unto the xbox one and future MS consoles.

-Name the next MS console something other than "xbox". I've always hated the name. 

Overall plan for next gen would be to have equal or better hardware compared to competition, no gimmicks, take the worldwide market more seriously, focus on outproducing competition on surperior 1st party games and on any other kind of exclusive, market ms console as a gaming console above anything else, set price point around $350 to $400.