By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - What Would You Do if You Were The Head of Xbox?

I would expand and bring back more casual development for Kinect. I would have a couple of new games like Kinect Sports, Wii Sport's Resort, Wii Fit Plus type, Kinectimals crowd. I would make more fun party/games. And make several versions of Kinect TV party (even a funny adult one.)

I would have some more Occulus Riff to play at E3 2016. I would have a few Xbox One games that are playable on the Riff.

I would continue advancements of DirectX 12 - for cross platforms and PC/Xbox One.

I would consider buying Sega or Nintendo.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Around the Network
Knitemare said:
I would money-hat some JRPGs and start getting stronger in that market, after that, maybe try to convince nintendo to partner up, so M$ makes Hardware and Nintendo makes the software for it, and with the JRPGs already there, Sony will have a hard time trying to stop them...

JRPGs are niche terribad games, why does that fanbase always overestimate the interest in a dead genre? Let it die.

poklane said:

XB1:

• Try to establish 2 new AAA capable studios and another one with ~50 employees (about the size of Media Molecule for example). All 3 to work on fresh new IPs. Not buying studios, establishing new studios to be clear.
  • Give the current studios more creative freedom, I'd go as far as to let studios such as 343 (Halo) drop their franchise if they wanna build a new IP or revive an old IP instead.
  • Make M/KB (mouse and keyboard) fully compatible with the XB1, give developers the option to completely toggle this feature on or off for their games (M/KB on a console would be a nightmare for shooters due to unfair advantage, but would be great for games like Tropico 5). Full M/KB compatibility would be a great intiative for publishers to bring games which really only work with M/KB to the console, think strategy games.
  • Officialy drop the price in the Eurozone to €299,99 + game, big marketing push in Europe. It doesn't matter that retailers already offer the console at similar pricing, marketing is important as fuck.
  • $350 Fallout 4, Tomb Raider and Halo 5 bundles, Halo 5 bundle includes The Master Chief Collection and Halo Reach.
  • Offer a version of Xbox Live which only gives Online Multiplayer and nothing else, $30-$40.
  • Refund policy for digital purchases similar to Steam.

Next Xbox:

• $400 tops.
  • Do everything possible to release the stronger console, stronger than the PS5.
  • New Halo, big new exclusive IP at launch.
  • Normal Xbox controller, Elite controller and a brand new controller with the sticks in the same position as the Dualshock controllers at launch.
  • M/KB full support like I've said above at launch.
  • Digital only SKU (normal SKU with disc drive also available) at launch, $300 (includes 1 year of XBL Gold).
  • Refund policy for digital purchases similar to Steam.
  • Try to get full Backwards Compatibility with the Xbox, Xbox 360 and Xbox One if possible.

PC and connection to the Next Xbox:

• Launch a Steam competitor. Big push for cross-buy and cross-play with the next Xbox, only games running on this service are allowed cross-buy and cross-play with the Next Xbox, games running on other services such as Steam and Origin can't. Obviously publishers have the final say if their games are cross-buy and/or cross-play or not. W10 exclusive, free online play.
  • Bring all Microsoft Studios games to this new service, all still timed-exclusive to the Next Xbox though. Some 3 months (games such as Killer Instinct), some a year or even a year and a half (games like Halo). All Microsoft Studios and Microsoft owned games are obviously exclusive to this service and don't release on Steam. Work with other (smaller) developers to bring their games (timed) exclusive to this service, think games such as Dead Rising 3, Ryse and Cuphead which are currently only available on XB1 and PC.
  • Make sure this new W10 PC service has something like the Steam Workshop for mods, let communities vote on their favorite mods to come to the Next Xbox free of charge. Hundreds of mods for a wide variety of games each month available on the Next Xbox.
  • Bring Xbox, Xbox 360 and Xbox One games to this service. Put your Xbox, Xbox 360 or Xbox One disc in your PC and you get the game for free on this service, but make the customers keep the disc as an activion key. Publishers can obviously disallow this if they wish.

Nice you should be running xbox.