By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Why do people think that Nintendo could go or should go third-party?

Armour1 said:
zorg1000 said:

My point went completely over ur head. Actually read what I said, kids/families were a huge percentage of the Wii audience, most of Nintendo franchises are aimed at kids/families. Most Nintendo franchises saw little growth over their previous installments on consoles with much smaller install bases. Most Nintendo games saw little growth on a console whose demographic matched those type of games, so why would said franchises show massive growth on consoles like PS4/XB1 who don't show much interest in the type of games Nintendo makes?

Wiiu sales comapred to wii prove that to be false, it shows that those were in fact a small minority of wii sales.  

How so?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Around the Network
mornelithe said:
KLXVER said:

Thats the thing though. Only Nintendo can have problems. As soon as you mention anyone else, its off topic...

Well, I think it's more down to the diversification that the other companies have, that Nintendo doesn't.  Sony, who was obviously in very big trouble for quite some time, has other far more profitable sectors, that helped them survive a very rough period.  Microsoft...shouldn't need to explain that one.  For me though, I'm not highlighting their issues out of smugness, I'm highlighting it out of concern.  I think Nintendo is an irreplaceable asset to the Gaming community (I think they attract new gamer's as kids, who then grow up and expand their preferences), and I want them to survive (To bring new people into the fold, as well as keeping legendary IP coming), whatever it takes (not that I think they're at a breaking point or anything).  As I said in my original post, I think they could make a ton of cash going 3rd party, but I'd only really vote for them to do it if it was a matter of Nintendo making games, or Nintendo not making games.

Yes, I would ofcourse rather they go third party than stop making games. Its just that Im not sure going third party would be a better option for them right now. If their next console or two does WiiU numbers, then sure, I think it would be time to go after other options.

KLXVER said:
mornelithe said:

Well, I think it's more down to the diversification that the other companies have, that Nintendo doesn't.  Sony, who was obviously in very big trouble for quite some time, has other far more profitable sectors, that helped them survive a very rough period.  Microsoft...shouldn't need to explain that one.  For me though, I'm not highlighting their issues out of smugness, I'm highlighting it out of concern.  I think Nintendo is an irreplaceable asset to the Gaming community (I think they attract new gamer's as kids, who then grow up and expand their preferences), and I want them to survive (To bring new people into the fold, as well as keeping legendary IP coming), whatever it takes (not that I think they're at a breaking point or anything).  As I said in my original post, I think they could make a ton of cash going 3rd party, but I'd only really vote for them to do it if it was a matter of Nintendo making games, or Nintendo not making games.

Yes, I would ofcourse rather they go third party than stop making games. Its just that Im not sure going third party would be a better option for them right now. If their next console or two does WiiU numbers, then sure, I think it would be time to go after other options.

You and me both.  I don't pretend to know all the facts, or the environment they find themselves in.  I just know I want Nintendo there for the long run.  However they achieve that, I'm ok with.

mornelithe said:
You and me both.  I don't pretend to know all the facts, or the environment they find themselves in.  I just know I want Nintendo there for the long run.  However they achieve that, I'm ok with.

Agreed

mountaindewslave said:
gigaSheik said:

Of course they are stupid. Defenetely. Their market is eroding. Nintendo is fading. Losing relevance. When people talk about games they hardly talk about Nintendo. They keep making the same mistakes over and over again. Thats stupidity. There's no other way to spin it.

weird, they're fading so much that they first time they decided to release a major toy brand it has sold as well as the other top selling figure-toy brands

they're fading because their handheld this generation has sold like 60 million during a time period in which NO other company has managed to stay alive in the handheld market, even Sony

they're fading because they constantly get asked to put their IP into movies and TV?

you're delusional. Nintendo clearly has had less success this generation than last, but they still are extremely relevant. they only reason Nintendo isn't 'talked' about in terms of the console wars is because the Wii U has an oddball controller tablet and disconnected with buyers due to confusion over its relation to the Wii

Nintendo releases a standard high spec system with a more traditional controller and some degree of compatibility integration with their next handheld and it will sell insanely well

the reality is that Nintendo has all of the IP's and character any game company could dream for. They have the fans and they have money. there is no reason for them not excel in the generations to come

also to those who repeatedly stupidly say Nintendo should become third party- you do not understand Nintendo's business model at all or are not aware of what kind of cut third party software developers get. There's production costs, lack of full control on game development (dependent on the hardware player), sharing software sale revenue with the hardware creator, etc. etc. etc.

Nintendo's worst current move would be something like that. and it would be totally illogical. Nintendo doesn't NEED to leave making consoles. they've made far more money than their competitions over the last few decades because they are more concerned with profit than market share

Wow! their toy line is doing great, isn't it? I bet it would sell much better had them doing... you know... better in their main market.

Yeah... Vita is gone... But hey! They're doing great against smart phones and tablets. Their portable market just lost 40% of market share for... for... hum... I don't know... I mean... those people are playing something someplace else... oh yeah! Smart phones and tablets. Can you imagine the next Nintendo portable doing even less? But they're doing great... doing great...

That part you call me delusional and you try to explain it is gold. I like the words "because", "oddball" and "confusing". Great things to pass to a consumer.

Please, explain me Nintendo business model, cuz... so far... it seems like they don't have one because they're losing soooo much market share. 

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
gigaSheik said:

You can create a topic for the other manufacturers mistakes and I'll gladly join.

Dont need to. Thats part of the conversation here. Why put Nintendo games on consoles that have other issues? Because so far the WiiU is the best console this gen imo.

Good for you! Keep playing it!

gigaSheik said:

Good for you! Keep playing it!

I plan to

zorg1000 said:
Armour1 said:

Wiiu sales comapred to wii prove that to be false, it shows that those were in fact a small minority of wii sales.  

How so?

how not, if family and kids got a wii why didnt they buy a U.

wiius sales show the majority of wii sales were people jumping onto a fad types, who ditched gaming after it died down.

Armour1 said:
zorg1000 said:

How so?

how not, if family and kids got a wii why didnt they buy a U.

wiius sales show the majority of wii sales were people jumping onto a fad types, who ditched gaming after it died down.

That is some of the dumbest logic anyone has ever used. Wii U failing is somehow proof that Wii didn't attract kids & families, how can u even justify that as a serious comment?

When the herd loses its way, the shepard must kill the bull that leads them astray.

Haven't they been Nintendoomed since the 1800s? Its just more Nintendhate.