By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Got my PS4 back....need suggestions.

Well...I got back with my cousin and I got my PS4 back so now I am back to dual console status. I need to catch up some Sony titles. I let him borrow my PS4 since he gave me an Xbox One for free so now that I it back what games should I get? I got a lot of Christmas loot, so things are looking up. Perhaps a title I haven't heard of before. I am in the process of going through my second time on InFamous: Second Son, so I can get my easy Platinum, so I cant wait to see what you guys recommend.

Around the Network
BraLoD said:
You know the deal, gotta go for Bloodborne.

Bloodborne is NOT a game for everyone and I would not suggest he get it unless he rents it first or knows what he's getting into. It's a great game, but it's SO different from other modern games that it can be a huge turn off for alot of players. 

AlfredoTurkey said:
BraLoD said:
You know the deal, gotta go for Bloodborne.

Bloodborne is NOT a game for everyone and I would not suggest he get it unless he rents it first or knows what he's getting into. It's a great game, but it's SO different from other modern games that it can be a huge turn off for alot of players. 

I grew up playing DMC on hard, including the Witcher franchise. This would basically be the next step for me. Challenge accepted.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

I grew up playing DMC on hard, including the Witcher franchise. This would basically be the next step for me. Challenge accepted.

lol.. I wasn't talking about difficulty. I was talking about design. It's not DMC at all... 

Some of the games I got this year I really liked:

Bloodborne, Until Dawn, Driveclub.

It caught a lot of flack - but I also enjoyed The Order 1886. Maybe not worth the full $60 price - but I think it's on sale now for $20.

Some really great indies were Rocket League, Everybody's Gone To The Rapture , Vanishing Of Ethan Carter.

Also - if you didn't play them last gen - the remastered Last Of Us, God Of War 3 and Uncharted Collection were all superb.

Around the Network
AlfredoTurkey said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

lol.. I wasn't talking about difficulty. I was talking about design. It's not DMC at all... 

I heard from a friend that its the easiest of the souls games. its a good one to get people into the Dark Souls and Demon Souls franchises because its faster paced.

S.T.A.G.E. said:
AlfredoTurkey said:

I heard from a friend that its the easiest of the souls games. its a good one to get people into the Dark Souls and Demon Souls franchises because its faster paced.

Well, if you're familiar with games like it, then you'll love it. I was just worried that you might not know what you're getting into and hate the game. I know a few people who had that experience and I didn't want to see it happen again.

Bloodborne's definitely the hardest game I've ever played. Never played any of the Souls games before - and this game just kicks your ass at every turn.

When it first came out - I couldnt beat the second boss to save my life (Father Gasteblahblah something) - so I stopped playing it.

I came back to it recently. It took me a couple more tries - but I finally beat that a-hole! I even yelled at the screen "kiss my mother-fu%#ing ass!) in triumph when he fell.

Now I'm a little over halfway through it - and can't wait to finish it. It's a brutal game - but once you narrowly beat a troublesome boss (and there are plenty!) it is a very rewarding experience.

Zombie9ers said:
Bloodborne's definitely the hardest game I've ever played. Never played any of the Souls games before - and this game just kicks your ass at every turn.

When it first came out - I couldnt beat the second boss to save my life (Father Gasteblahblah something) - so I stopped playing it.

I came back to it recently. It took me a couple more tries - but I finally beat that a-hole! I even yelled at the screen "kiss my mother-fu%#ing ass!) in triumph when he fell.

Now I'm a little over halfway through it - and can't wait to finish it. It's a brutal game - but once you narrowly beat a troublesome boss (and there are plenty!) it is a very rewarding experience.

Thats the spirit. Thats the type of gamer that I am. I like a game that pushes my boundaries.

I've personally rediscovered driveclub this past week after owning it since April but hardly touched it since. The graphics are just incredible and the racing really is fun.

Need for speed is also really good with beautiful graphics but the cut scenes are horrible.

Dragon quest heroes is great fun too.

Until dawn is another good one that more ppl should play.

WRC5 is a surprisingly fun and addictive rally game as I can't put it down after getting it for Christmas last week.

Earth defense force 4.1 is worth checking out if you love classic sci fi monster movies. Lots of huge bugs and other monsters to kill with awesome weapons.