By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo - Adult Software Leader

Well I have to say...what confuses me is why the 360 and ps3 are notified as hardcore...Let me start by saying this; Zelda games are harder then gta games...so why is it that gta is for older gamers? Are you saying older people are stupid? But seriosuly if you take gore and language out of gta. It makes it a kiddie game, which makes it a bad game. re4 is on wii now and is so far doing better thne the ps2, gamecube and other versions. Why is that? Well I would say it is because there is more a reason to get it. Older gamers who have wiis can now atatch to that along side wii sports and Zelda (also Godfather, if they bought it). If you look at the europe advert for Strikers Charged. It complys well to the community which others would buy. It seems that Sony advertise  any game to the older gamers expecting them to buy it, Were is the young games? (and don't say ratchet and clank coz that f**king suck!) Striekrs Charged can be played by all and Re4 can be played by older gamers. SO to finish my point

1.Wii manages to have older gamer, games and younger gamer, games that older people would play

2.Wii manages not to follow on the same audiance which I see ps3 and 360 do quite alot

3.Adults do play Wii sports 

Around the Network

Wii 8-14 years and 24-40 years. 360 & PS3 focus on 15-23 years. I think the main reason why braintraining sells is: Parents want there kids to be educated. That's why they buy this game. Ofcourse they will try this game out.

RE5 cancelled for 360 and PS3 in favor of a Wii version? Please lay off the drugs...

I don't know, I'm 30, I prefer 360 games over nintendo games, but what I really like are good games, until today, no good games for mi on the wii and good games for me on the 360, Mario is going to be great and metro also but that is it. I think that music might be good too. So yes they target an market but sometimes they are not able to get it, they get the wrong one, viva pinata is for kids, all my 30 year old friends play that, I don't know that many kids 13 or so, but I see more 25 year old people playing viva pinata. I love my 360 because I love FPS, racing games and RPG. Nintendo is the best one on arcades and plataforms, Sony and MS are fighting for the rest.

ROLF that why less then 5% of the games are rated mature or teen ?

Around the Network
Blue3 said:
ROLF that why less then 5% of the games are rated mature or teen ?

Well since the average gamer is 33 years old, if only "kids" played nintendo systems they certainly wouldn't be the top selling systems on the market.   Of course, that depends on your definition of "kids."  Hormonal teenagers certainly aren't buying the Wii.  They all have to prove their "maturity" and "manhood" by playing Grand Theft Auto.  Not only that but there is the "coolness" factor that high school students often buy games based on.  Adults don't care about whether kids think they are mature, or cool, or adult.  The Wii is a system that DOES NOT target kids, but instead targets no one.  Rather, they make fun games that anyone can play, attracting a large audience.  And, make no mistake, Rockstar designed Grand Theft Auto for teenagers, despite it's mature rating.  Gratuitos violence, sex, and wonton destruction scream "I'm a teen and I need to release my aggression."  Not so much "I'm a mature, developed, adult."  I am not saying that adults can't enjoy games like GTA, but that is not the game's target audience and certainly not its largest user base.  So yeah I would agree with the fast majority on here that the High School age is not buying the Wii much if at all, but below and above that Wii gamers span from 4 to 40.

Smash_Brother said:
Legend11 said:

Well it's good that you don't think they're adult games, unfortunately society does consider them adult games. Otherwise they wouldn't be getting mature ratings or be banned in certain countries.

I also don't get what you mean about RE5? Capcom did announce it for the 360 and PS3 and it's in development so what's the problem? If you have anything at all to add (if you work for Capcom for example) then please feel free to correct me on why I shouldn't be waiting for the game. If you think because they haven't released any info that the game isn't coming then here's a shocker... The same thing happened with RE4... Wow... And yet RE4 still came out.

As for your last paragraph well this thread is about adult software so that's what the discussion is about, if you don't care then simply don't post in this thread.

First of all, I'm not arguing what rating these games receive. I'm arguing that they won't actually be played by adults and will primarly have a userbase of people under 18, but that's semantics and it's pointless to argue.

Second, have you looked at the list of games from Capcom's recent Gameday?

Look the list over: there wasn't a SINGLE retail title shown for the PS360. There were downloadable games for XBLA and PSN and there was a port of Lost Planet to the PC, but seriously, the ONLY console which Capcom demoed retail games for was the Wii, those being RE4, RE:UC and Treasure Island Z.

I have a theory that Capcom is playing "wait and see" when it comes to the current console wars. The remainder of 2007 is very likely going to determine the winner of this war.

They're releasing plenty of downloadable rehashes so as to minimize dev costs so they don't have to make a decision while still maintaining a profit, but they're also working on Wii titles which cost a great deal less to develop.

I could be wrong, sure, but if I were a 3rd party developer, I'd want to see who comes out on top before comitting my AAA titles to any platform(s).

My father had a profound influence on me - he was a lunatic

Ah sorry I buggerd up my last post, This is how it was suppost to go... Smash_Brother - "I have a theory that Capcom is playing "wait and see" when it comes to the current console wars. The remainder of 2007 is very likely going to determine the winner of this war." Sony are not making a profit now but it seems that by end of 2008 that they should be or so at least say enough online prophets. It is very probable there will NOT be a winner by any significant margen and this means 3 companys will go into the next round and gamers are the winners. Why is it so hard to exept that there is no need for a winner in this round?

My father had a profound influence on me - he was a lunatic

Is it really common to say, "Sony are" instead of "Sony is"? It just screws with my mind, since I'm a major grammar nazi.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

BenKenobi88 said:
Is it really common to say, "Sony are" instead of "Sony is"? It just screws with my mind, since I'm a major grammar nazi.

Sounds weird to me too as an American, but it's the standard grammar usage for British English...