By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Your personal "underrated" films of 2015 and your FoTY??

I would rate 2015 as a...

...great year for film. 15 21.13%

...good year for film. 24 33.80%

...average year for film. 16 22.54%

...bad year for film. 3 4.23%

...terrible year for film. 2 2.82%

#fuckkonami 11 15.49%

Total:71

I wouldn't call any of the films I saw underrated, so I don't have an answer to that question. Film of the year? It's a tie between Inside Out/The Force Awakens/Mad Max:Fury Road.

Around the Network

most underrated film would be Maze Runner: The Scorch Trials. the maze runner films are actually pretty awesome, i dont really get why people dont like them. probably because they arent a reboot or a stupid super hero movie.

my FoTY goes to Mad Max. just a fantastic movie.

im assuming we are talking about movies that came out this year, of course.

Agree with BananaKing...Maze runner:The Scorch Trials was pretty intense and really good.

Also if you didn't read the books, there's a few surprises in the movie.

Intel Core i7 3770K [3.5GHz]|MSI Big Bang Z77 Mpower|Corsair Vengeance DDR3-1866 2 x 4GB|MSI GeForce GTX 560 ti Twin Frozr 2|OCZ Vertex 4 128GB|Corsair HX750|Cooler Master CM 690II Advanced|

Underrated is Ant-Man, best is Star Wars The Force Awakens. I only saw 4 movies this year though, i am more of a TV and games guy

Most underrated: Terminator Genisys
Most overlooked: The Man from UNCLE
Most overrated: Spy
FOTY: Too many good ones I still haven't seen. I can only say that it's definitely not Star Wars, Jurassic World or Ant-Man. From what I've seen probably Mission Impossible Rogue Nation.

I saw about 15 to 20 movies that came out in 2015.

Around the Network

Terminator Genysis was very underrated in my opinion. Is not by any means the masterpiece that were the first and second movies of the franchise, but is far from being a complete disaster as the critics stated. Its a very enjoyable action movie with some great scenes and moments. As a Terminator fan, I really liked the movie despite some inconsistences and a forced love story

Tomorrowland also lacked the love it deserved in my opinion.

As for my favourite movie of 2015... although it technically released in France in 2014, here in Spain it was released this year... so The Bélier Familie it is.

John2290 said:
Barozi said:

FOTY: Too many good ones I still haven't seen. I can only say that it's definitely not Star Wars, Jurassic World or Ant-Man. From what I've seen probably Mission Impossible Rogue Nation.

I thought Genesis did pretty well with cinema goers and fans? 

Not really. It was poorly recieved by reviewers, it was a disaster at box office (China saved the movie and made it profitable) and the opinion of fans is mixed (but slighly more negative than positive).

Under rated is The Walk. The 3D cinematography is amazing but it bombed in theaters so most people will end up seeing it on TV or Netflix missing out on the true experience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

John2290 said:
Barozi said:

I thought Genesis did pretty well with cinema goers and fans? 

I'm going by IMDB standards. 6.6 equals Salvation and is barely above Terminator 3. Should be around 7.5 IMO.

The most underrated film of the year has to be Tomorrowland.

My movie of the year is Inside Out by a lot.