By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Would it make sense for Microsoft to make Minecraft 2 Xbox exclusive?

I probably would be a good idea. They probably already made there money on the franchise. And releasing on XB1 and PC alone would generate enough to keep MS happy.

Plus it adds another must have exclusive to the XB1 lineup. Considering Sony buying Kojima's service, it wil go well for MS to have the 3rd biggest franchise in gaming history to counter his release.

Around the Network

No Mincraft is not a big system mover.
If it's an exclusive they would lose a big part of the game sale

PS4 - over 100 millions let's say 120m
Xbox One - 70m
Wii U - 25m

Vita - 15m if it will not get Final Fantasy Kingdoms Heart and Monster Hunter 20m otherwise
3DS - 80m

Their would be no really minecraft 2 (as in a sequel). They just update the game, it is now almost at 1.9 and then it will update to Minecraft 2.0 with no cost like always...

Releasing it on x1,x360 and windows makes sense.

If there is a Minecraft 2, they will need to make it available for PC and Android/iOS so no..

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

I don't think it's a good idea. The platforms that dont get it will still keep buying and playing the regular minecraft. And even on pc the community night just stay on that. Actually minecraft 2 doesn't really make much sense. It's like releasing a tetris 2 or solitaire 2. The first will suffice!

It should launch on Xbox first, other consoles later, and they should charge Sony/Nintendo an extra royalty. In this case, the more people play the game, the better. Minecraft 2 won't do nearly as well as the first so they should get it into as many hands as possible.

No, they would lose 10's of millions of sales doing that. (Not that I expect MS to do a MC2)

AbbathTheGrim said:

1. The first game is HUGE on PC, selling more than 20 million copies on Windows and Mac.

2. Do you think that maybe Microsoft will opt to make it Xbox console exclusive to move hardware?

3. Perhaps timed exclusive on Xbox and later give it a Windows release?

4. Do think there is space for Micro to release Minecraft 2 on other platforms besides Xbox and Windows PC?

1. It's not just Windows and Mac, it's also Linux - and if there are any other similar operating systems than run Java, I imagine it should work on those as well.

2. I doubt it but it's possible.

3. Now this is definitely a possibility.

4. Absolutely. You should reverse the question for the answer to not be so obvious.

Title: No, definitely not. And imagine the backlash... Yeah no, it would be just stupid without one of the best PR campaigns in the industry ever.

Then again, even Minecraft 2 itself is a worthwhile question. Given how the game has evolved, it would be hard to release a sequel that's not different enough compared to the original. And with a game of Minecraft's scope, it's going to take a lot of resources  to craft a sequel that evolves the concept enough.

Don't thinks so. That game sells everywhere. maybe some additional content exclusive to xbox but that's it.