By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Star Wars :TFA - Avatar gap thread- Updated Daily! Post your predictions! - $2,064,018,389 as of 11th April 2016! - The GAP is in the OP

Can TFA make it to a Billion domestically?

Yes, explain below 35 31.53%

Maybe, but just barely 30 27.03%

No 38 34.23%

other post below 0 0%

see results 8 7.21%

Total:111
darkenergy said:
It will pass Avatar as the highest grossing film of all time and will have a shot at surpassing Gone with the Winds 3.4 billion inflation gross.

Hahahahahahaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahah.

Around the Network

I think we'll know next week whether it has a shot at beating Titanic. Inflation and ticket prices will play a huge part in that.

Wow it got adjusted up JW still had a better Saturday but TFA had a better Sunday and it came really close to almost making $250 million dollars in its opening weekend. It will be the fasted to $250 million dollars domestically when Monday's numbers come in.

Star wars made $40.1 million monday, breaking Spider-Man 2's 27.7 million Monday set back in 2004.

Proud to be a Californian.

SW won't have the long and strong legs of Titanic and Avatar.

Overseas numbers are preaty low even if we wait for China and Japan. I just hope it can top Jurassic World - that movie sucks and itś success offends me.

Around the Network
Dark_Feanor said:

Overseas numbers are preaty low even if we wait for China and Japan. I just hope it can top Jurassic World - that movie sucks and itś success offends me.

Hey, that's your opinion. JW was amazing to me. Seems all Star Wars fanboys hate JW for some reason. TFA was a good movie, not great. Only getting this hype because it's an actual sequel that's not bad. No one calls Star Wars out on its campiness just because it's Star Wars. 

darkenergy said:
Star wars made $40.1 million monday, breaking Spider-Man 2's 27.7 million Monday set back in 2004.

It's crushing records all over the place right now. I know people have said it won't have the legs of Avatar but I think it will come close.

They released it at the perfect time of year to cruise for many weeks. I have no doubt in my mind that it should break the domestic record and hit $800M.

The $2.8B will be tough to hit, I'm thinking it caps out at $2.5B.

spurgeonryan said:
Dark_Feanor said:

It was decent story wise I guess. Kids liked it. But it lacked the intensity of the original, which still has thatiintensity today. Took my kids to see the rerelease. They hid under the seats! JW they were able to watch all the way through. Lol

It's not much a matter of quality, but the movie been a cultural phenomenon. Some time, like JW, they hit an untaped source of nostalgia with the public.

But Avatar and Titanic are another level of public penetration.

Dark_Feanor said:

It's set records in numerous countries for it's weekend as well as most money in a single day. As for legs we'll have to wait and see though star wars movies are known for getting repeat viewings

Box Office Mojo also tweeted out that the 33.8% drop from Sunday to Monday is the EXACT same as Avatar's first Monday as well. Good sign for Star Wars.