By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - The Force Awakens sucks! *MAJOR SPOILERS*

Volterra_90 said:
Heavenly_King said:
Kylo ren sucks as a Sith character, that killed the movie for me.

It is about anger, arrogance, hunger for absolute power!! not about being a pussy with tantrums and idiotic ideas, or being depressed WTF!.

Well, he's not a Sith so here you go. 

He is using the dark side, so he is a sith.

Around the Network
Heavenly_King said:
Volterra_90 said:

Wrong. There are a lot of characters in the Star Wars world who are strong on the dark side and are not sith. The Nightsisters on the Clone Wars series, for example. We only know that Snoke and Kylo Ren are inclined to the dark side, not that they're actually Siths.

EDIT: Actually, Abrams confirmed this himself: http://www.slashfilm.com/kylo-ren-is-not-a-sith-in-the-force-awakens/

Volterra_90 said:
Heavenly_King said:

Wrong. There are a lot of characters in the Star Wars world who are strong on the dark side and are not sith. The Nightsisters on the Clone Wars series, for example. We only know that Snoke and Kylo Ren are inclined to the dark side, not that they're actually Siths.

EDIT: Actually, Abrams confirmed this himself: http://www.slashfilm.com/kylo-ren-is-not-a-sith-in-the-force-awakens/

He may say that, but; the fact the he killed what is most beloved to him in order to try to attain more power, makes him a Sith.

Heavenly_King said:
Volterra_90 said:

He may say that, but; the fact the he killed what is most beloved to him in order to try to attain more power, makes him a Sith.

Not according to literally everybody else except you and maybe some young kids who, like you, don't understand what defines a Sith  

You should check out my YouTube channel, The Golden Bolt!  I review all types of video games, both classic and modern, and I also give short flyover reviews of the free games each month on PlayStation Plus to tell you if they're worth downloading.  After all, the games may be free, but your time is valuable!

DivinePaladin said:
Heavenly_King said:

Not according to literally everybody else except you and maybe some young kids who, like you, don't understand what defines a Sith  

LMAO!  I think you are the one who do not understand what a Sith is about.

Around the Network
Heavenly_King said:
Volterra_90 said:

Eh... no. Sorry what that's not what make a Sith. The word SIth wasn't mentioned in the film once. The last Order of the sith (Palpatine/Vader) finished with Palpatine's death. We don't know yet who Snoke is, so we can't presume that he's indeed a Sith. 

No, you don't understand what a Sith is. Controlling the dark side, carrying light saber and killing someone doesn't make you a sith, it makes you a son of a bitch with Force powers. The Siths are an Order. With their ideals, their control of the dark side, but there are so many races, characters in the Star Wars franchise who control the dark side and they are not sith. As I told you, the Nightsisters are a good example of that. 

Just watched it today. Of you're pissed because of logic gaps and plotholes you shouldn't watch any Star Wars.

That aside Force was great until, well, Han died. J.J., how could you do this to me? Honestly, my favorite character dying sucked. Kill Luke, kill Leia, I'm fine with that.

So, no, it's better than the prequels. And Attack of the Clones is the definition of a shitty movie, sorry.

Heavenly_King said:
Volterra_90 said:

Thats not how it works at all, Kylo is not a sith and he kinda thinks he knows what he is but doesnt realy, and he goes trough these temper tamtruns wich fitted his character perfectly. He is conflicted and the movie does an awesome job of showing that, he is also untrained (also very celar in the movie) but the Force is strong withitm him.

Snoke is manipulating him, using him without properly traing him cause this might mean Kylo would want to take power from Snoke himself, Kylo doesnt know whats his purpose is exactly (call it teenage angst if you want, he is like 20sh years old I supose) and he turned to the dark side cause he felt abandoned by his family, ye they built his character perfectly, this conflict withim him will keep being explored on the other 2 movies, I believe he will turncoat and come to the light by the end of ep 2 and Snoke will be reveled as a Sith but not the master, hell be some other Sith Lords aprentice and those 2 will be eps 3 main antagonists (thats a 100% guess tough).

I disagree, and you are therefore wrong /internetlogic

Personally, I found Kylo Ren to be a total wet blanket, but this isn't like A New Hope where Vader was already an established Sith Lord. This is more like in Revenge, when Anakin is still becoming a Sith Lord.

I disagree with everything you said. There are some basic similarities between IV and VII, but the characters play out very differently. You have the Prince son of a war hero who turned bad and is on a continuing journey to become a Sith Lord; a young girl who was abandoned on a junk world who has such an intense affinity with the Force that she was capable of pushing a wounded dark Jedi back in a Saber duel and learned both Force Pull and Mind Trick out of instinct; a Stormtrooper with a conscience who goes from coward to hero to save the girl; and an established expert fighter pilot who stares into the face of death and torture without batting an eye.

So while the plot is similar, the reactions and events are drastically different because of the different personalities. I mean, the mentor figure being Han instead of Obi was such a departure on so many levels that is hardly even the same role anymore.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

Azuren said:
I disagree, and you are therefore wrong /internetlogic

Personally, I found Kylo Ren to be a total wet blanket, but this isn't like A New Hope where Vader was already an established Sith Lord. This is more like in Revenge, when Anakin is still becoming a Sith Lord.

I disagree with everything you said. There are some basic similarities between IV and VII, but the characters play out very differently. You have the Prince son of a war hero who turned bad and is on a continuing journey to become a Sith Lord; a young girl who was abandoned on a junk world who has such an intense affinity with the Force that she was capable of pushing a wounded dark Jedi back in a Saber duel and learned both Force Pull and Mind Trick out of instinct; a Stormtrooper with a conscience who goes from coward to hero to save the girl; and an established expert fighter pilot who stares into the face of death and torture without batting an eye.

So while the plot is similar, the reactions and events are drastically different because of the different personalities. I mean, the mentor figure being Han instead of Obi was such a departure on so many levels that is hardly even the same role anymore.

TL;DR: Episode VII is Episode IV.