By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - I pulled a horrible prank on my cousin will he ever forgive me?

Pretty sure Ive seen this movie before.

Idle hands and all that. Pretty sure that dude will never be your friend again.

Around the Network
t3mporary_126 said:
StarOcean said:
Messing with love is a dangerous thing. I knew a guy whose brother did a similar thing to some dude and the guy ended up committing suicide out of depression and sadness but yeah, that was pretty low.

Wait what? What's with the inappropriate emoticon for a suicide victim? I had a tennis coach in high school who was always cheerful and supportive to every student I knew and he seeming fell down from outside of a hotel window in a room he checked out by himself.

The emoticon looks different thank how it was supposed to look XD I forgot VGChartz has custom emoticons

Alright OP, for the love of God I hope this thread is a joke.

If this isn't a joke then you are a downright horrible person, as a person who has had something like this happen to me, and as a person who seems to be as introverted as your cousin, this is something that is devastating to a person mentally and could leave a long lasting impact. Mental abuse and bullying is the worst thing you could do to anyone. I would like to know what screws you have loose in your brain to think this would be remotely funny for even a minute. This could lead to him harming himself or the people around him

Honestly if he doesn't forgive you do not be surprised, if he does forgive you do not be surprised if he wants nothing more to ever do with you again, if he ever does forgive you don't even try to do anything for him.

Like I said I pray that this is a joke thread.

"I think it will be the HDS"-Me in regards to Nintendo's next handheld.

StarOcean said:
t3mporary_126 said:
StarOcean said:
Messing with love is a dangerous thing. I knew a guy whose brother did a similar thing to some dude and the guy ended up committing suicide out of depression and sadness but yeah, that was pretty low.

Wait what? What's with the inappropriate emoticon for a suicide victim? I had a tennis coach in high school who was always cheerful and supportive to every student I knew and he seeming fell down from outside of a hotel window in a room he checked out by himself.

The emoticon looks different thank how it was supposed to look XD I forgot VGChartz has custom emoticons

Fair enough. I'm a bit sensitive to these kinds of things still so sorry if my post seemed a little condescending.

t3mporary_126 said:
StarOcean said:

Fair enough. I'm a bit sensitive to these kinds of things still so sorry if my post seemed a little condescending.

Nah, it's alright. I can understand how you feel. I've helped a lot of people stop themselves from suicide, it's an emotionally draining position to be in when you talk them out of it. It can takes hours, even days. Hell, I've thought of doing it myself before (just read my wall on my profile from less than a month back). It's an important issue that shouldn't be dealt with lightly. I'm sorry you misinterpreted my post, I know you meant well

Around the Network

Thumbs up for wickedness. Thumbs down for you as a human.

Ask stefl1504 for a sig, even if you don't need one.

mysteryman said:
Volterra_90 said:
Hmm... I have to be honest, but if I were Jim, I'd probably never forgive you. It's indeed a horrible prank. But let's pretend he's a nice and not a very vengeful man like me, because as you said he seems very nice. The only possible thing you can do is apologise, a lot, say that you're very, very sorry and that you will never be such a jerk with him. If he acepts your apologies, fine, then from now on try to stop these pranks and to be supportive and nice with him. Maybe he'll not forget, but maybe he'll forgive. But, as I said, this is very hard to take so give him time.

You can be nice and vengeful; the two aren't mutually exclusive. It may take a low act like this to bring it out.

Yeah, you're right. I think that the word I was searching was "forgiving". You can be nice and vengeful, but not forgiving and vengeful xDDDDD.

Volterra_90 said:
mysteryman said:

You can be nice and vengeful; the two aren't mutually exclusive. It may take a low act like this to bring it out.

Yeah, you're right. I think that the word I was searching was "forgiving". You can be nice and vengeful, but not forgiving and vengeful xDDDDD.

Fair enough.

I'd still sleep with one eye open OP.

Yeah, what everyone said. It was a horrible thing you could ever think of doing, and you better be apologizing a whole lot for this. Learn from this and hope your cousin can forgive you.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Weren't you the guy with the lady on the train thread? Factoring both threads in, it pretty much looks like your sense of humor relies upon making the lives and emotional state of those around you markedly worse for your own gratification. Whether it's making a stranger uncomfortable 'for lulz' or trashing your relative's self-esteem, again, 'for lulz.' You might want to consider just NOT trying to do this kind of stuff anymore, because you clearly have no sense of how to do it properly.

And come on. You must have known it was going to hurt him, just like you knew your behavior on that train was going to make the woman uncomfortable. That's what was going to make it so funny, right, the 'gotcha?' and the look on his face when he found out? I honestly can't believe anyone is such an idiot that they wouldn't see the kind of harm this was going to cause, and people who pull stuff like this are AIMING to cause harm because, again, 'lulz.'

Maybe you weren't expecting it to be the last straw, for the pain to stick with him like this, but are you really claiming you were going into this thinking 'Oh, he'll find it HILARIOUS when he realizes we went to all this trouble to crush his hopes and dreams.' You knew the revelation would leave him hurt, angry... but you figured he'd still 'get over it' and keep you around, because like you said, he's a nice guy and he's kept you around before.

If his parents are relaying messages to you, then clearly he's still talking to them; that's a good enough sign as far as his well-being goes, as I'd be more concerned if he was closing out everyone else. Him not talking to you specifically is both expected, and frankly the right thing to do. Let him decide when, how and where he gets back in touch with you. If he never wants to deal with you again, accept that you screwed up and let him. He's definitely earned the right to expel you from his life, and he owes you not a damn thing. Because even if he 'forgives' you, I doubt he is ever going to truly trust you, let alone look on you with any real affection. At best, he'll tolerate you, probably because he'll figure out he'll eventually have to deal with you at family gatherings and such.

Finally, IF he takes you back? The joking ends. All of it. Don't needle him over his shyness, tease him over his girl troubles, NONE of it. You treat him with the utmost respect, and you kick Tom's ass if he tries any of that needling shit, because if you even lightly hint at the shit you did here, or imply that he doesn't have a girlfriend it's going to be like twisting a knife in his gut... at which point I'd sincerely hope he drops you for good.

So, yeah. I don't think you're going to find a lot of sympathy here. Frankly, be great if your cousin would join the site, we'd all give him a mighty warm welcome and commiserate with him on what an ass you were. =P

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.