By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - I pulled a horrible prank on my cousin will he ever forgive me?

Yeah, what everyone said. It was a horrible thing you could ever think of doing, and you better be apologizing a whole lot for this. Learn from this and hope your cousin can forgive you.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

Weren't you the guy with the lady on the train thread? Factoring both threads in, it pretty much looks like your sense of humor relies upon making the lives and emotional state of those around you markedly worse for your own gratification. Whether it's making a stranger uncomfortable 'for lulz' or trashing your relative's self-esteem, again, 'for lulz.' You might want to consider just NOT trying to do this kind of stuff anymore, because you clearly have no sense of how to do it properly.

And come on. You must have known it was going to hurt him, just like you knew your behavior on that train was going to make the woman uncomfortable. That's what was going to make it so funny, right, the 'gotcha?' and the look on his face when he found out? I honestly can't believe anyone is such an idiot that they wouldn't see the kind of harm this was going to cause, and people who pull stuff like this are AIMING to cause harm because, again, 'lulz.'

Maybe you weren't expecting it to be the last straw, for the pain to stick with him like this, but are you really claiming you were going into this thinking 'Oh, he'll find it HILARIOUS when he realizes we went to all this trouble to crush his hopes and dreams.' You knew the revelation would leave him hurt, angry... but you figured he'd still 'get over it' and keep you around, because like you said, he's a nice guy and he's kept you around before.

If his parents are relaying messages to you, then clearly he's still talking to them; that's a good enough sign as far as his well-being goes, as I'd be more concerned if he was closing out everyone else. Him not talking to you specifically is both expected, and frankly the right thing to do. Let him decide when, how and where he gets back in touch with you. If he never wants to deal with you again, accept that you screwed up and let him. He's definitely earned the right to expel you from his life, and he owes you not a damn thing. Because even if he 'forgives' you, I doubt he is ever going to truly trust you, let alone look on you with any real affection. At best, he'll tolerate you, probably because he'll figure out he'll eventually have to deal with you at family gatherings and such.

Finally, IF he takes you back? The joking ends. All of it. Don't needle him over his shyness, tease him over his girl troubles, NONE of it. You treat him with the utmost respect, and you kick Tom's ass if he tries any of that needling shit, because if you even lightly hint at the shit you did here, or imply that he doesn't have a girlfriend it's going to be like twisting a knife in his gut... at which point I'd sincerely hope he drops you for good.

So, yeah. I don't think you're going to find a lot of sympathy here. Frankly, be great if your cousin would join the site, we'd all give him a mighty warm welcome and commiserate with him on what an ass you were. =P

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.

Assuming that this is true;
Do you understand why he put up with all the teasing and insulting you guys put him through? Because he looks up to you as an older cousin and wants to be around you. Sounds like he just wants your company and is afraid of losing it, so he laughs along even though it probably hurts him. You said he doesn't really have any friends and is shy? You were his friend. How can you not understand that?
Let that sink in. He looks up to you, and then you help him land a girlfriend? You just became the coolest family member he has! He finally feels safe enough to come out of his shell.
And then the rug gets pulled out from under him. You broke his heart. He sticks his neck out from his social comfort zone and you fucking whipped his face. Total social humiliation.
I'm going to be honest here. He will never look at you the same ever again, and quite frankly, he shouldn't. I'm not giving you advice on how to mend things with him. If you really valued him like he valued you - well you wouldn't have gone so far to fuck him up.
Since he is too shy to say it, I will. You are a fucking cunt.

#1 Amb-ass-ador

That's pretty fucked up. Hope for your sake he doesn't poison your food with Arsenic.

ReimTime said:
Do you understand why he put up with all the teasing and insulting you guys put him through? Because he looks up to you as an older cousin and wants to be around you. Sounds like he just wants your company and is afraid of losing it, so he laughs along even though it probably hurts him. You said he doesn't really have any friends and is shy? You were his friend. How can you not understand that?
Let that sink in. He looks up to you, and then you help him land a girlfriend? You just became the coolest family member he has! He finally feels safe enough to come out of his shell.
And then the rug gets pulled out from under him. You broke his heart. He sticks his neck out from his social comfort zone and you fucking whipped his face. Total social humiliation.
I'm going to be honest here. He will never look at you the same ever again, and quite frankly, he shouldn't. I'm not giving you advice on how to mend things with him. If you really valued him like he valued you - well you wouldn't have gone so far to fuck him up.

Take it easy man. 

I trust no one, not even myself.

Around the Network
FattyDingDong said:
ReimTime said:

Take it easy man. 

Bullying gets my goat. I guess attacking you won't really solve anything though so now that you know my opinion:

All you can really do is apologize, but give him his space. Don't repeat yourself too much either. Check up on him without necessarily trying to invade his privacy ya know? Zanten has some good advice too

#1 Amb-ass-ador

Wow, that sounds like a Brady Bunch plot. Except nobody really gets their feelings hurt and everyone laughs at the end.

Wow, that's really bad - and not just a five minute joke, but an entire week? Betray his trust, now whenever a girl likes him he will always question. Sometimes expect some news that ruins his good time. An no, he will most likely never be the same.

I would say, nothing, leave him alone. If he was my friend I would say he should never have anything to do with you ever again.

Sorry, but that was a really cruel mean joke that went on way too long. Sounds like he deserves nicer people in his life.

Really not sure I see any point of Consol over PC's since Kinect, Wii and other alternative ways to play have been abandoned. 

Top 50 'most fun' game list coming soon!

Tell me a funny joke!

Wow, I can't believe you thought this was funny at any point. The good news is now he realizes how much of a dick you are and will probably eventually find nicer people to hang around with.

This thread will be closed soon.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1

FattyDingDong said:
ReimTime said:

Take it easy man. 

Now that I've had some time to get a bit less irate about the situation, I do need to reinforce and agree with Reim's second post with regards to giving your cousin space; the goal here should not be to try and 'fix' your relationship, or get your cousin to talk to you, etc, etc. If you're concerned about his well-being for its own sake, then using his parents as an intermediary- as if they know what went down they are likely keeping a very, very close eye on him- to see how he's doing will be more than adequate to keep you up to speed. Be available to speak with him if he chooses to, but don't poke at him, text him or try to show up at his place without permission.

Because you need to understand that there's no way you can make this 'better.' There's just some things that 'sorry' can't really cover, and suffice to say, there's literally nothing you can say that's going to improve things. If you absolutely NEED to send him the message you're sorry, relay it through his parents. But this isn't a case of him misunderstanding a situation, or needing to have something explained to him. You've no valid justification, no reasoning that'll make him think; "Oh! Well, when you put it that way, yeah, guess it wasn't too bad after all!" You did a terrible, terrible thing, and he's reacted exactly the way almost everyone else would have predicted he'd have reacted.

But on top of that, your presence- be it your face or a text- will just serve as a vivid reminder of his humiliation and heartache, and his decision on when to face that should be entirely in his hands. I've seen people who have betrayed the trust of someone they cared about- a couple of friends who cheated on their significant others, mostly- who got it in their head that 'I just need to go see them, MAKE them talk to me, show them how sorry I am and they'll take me back!' Never works. All it does is rub salt in the wound, cause the person they betrayed more pain.

He may choose to forgive you, to an extent (though it will likely be years before he trusts you in any way, if ever,) and he may not. But if he does, always remember that he never had to; you don't inherently deserve his forgiveness, and aren't entitled to it, so if you GET it, treat it like the cherished gift it is. Basically, don't fuck up again. =P

ReimTime said:

Bullying gets my goat. I guess attacking you won't really solve anything though so now that you know my opinion:

All you can really do is apologize, but give him his space. Don't repeat yourself too much either. Check up on him without necessarily trying to invade his privacy ya know? Zanten has some good advice too

Much obliged. ^_^

Zanten, Doer Of The Things

Unless He Forgets In Which Case Zanten, Forgetter Of The Things

Or He Procrascinates, In Which Case Zanten, Doer Of The Things Later

Or It Involves Moving Furniture, in Which Case Zanten, F*** You.