By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Star Wars: The Force Awakens - 94% on Rotten Tomatoes, 81% on MetaCritic

With the movie opening around the world for everyone soon, I was anxious to see how well received the movie would be and I'm incredibly delighted to see that it's getting really really good reviews!

94% on Rotten Tomatoes - http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/star_wars_episode_vii_the_force_awakens/

81% on MetaCritic - http://www.metacritic.com/movie/star-wars-episode-vii---the-force-awakens

That places the movie among the best of 2015. Can't wait to see it tomorrow!

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

It's better be. With all the annoying commercials we had to deal in the last few weeks and still going on today. I reached the point that I hate the Star Wars main theme. Hopefully the movie will change this.

Some quotes that get me giddy with anticipation:

"A triumphant return to form for the franchise - the best of the films since The Empire Strikes Back...It's also a rousing introduction to new characters who will likely carry this world forward through two more planned episodes and assorted spinoffs."

"An exhilarating ride, filled with archetypal characters with plausible psychologies, melodramatic confrontations fueled by soaring emotions, and performances that can be described as good, period, rather than "good, for 'Star Wars.'""

"This is a movie you don't want to end, despite a final shot that is one of the greatest in the franchise's storied history. Abrams has righted the ship. The "Star Wars" saga is back, and we are gleefully in it for the long haul"

"Star Wars: The Force Awakens" is the "Star Wars" sequel we have been looking for: a classic adventure that harkens back to the glory days of 1977's "Star Wars" and 1980's "The Empire Strikes Back"

Signature goes here!

Im going ot see it tonight (technically tomorrow morning as the screening starts at 11:59 PM). Cant wait.

I'll wait for it to come out at Redbox. The last three films in the series weren't that good.

Around the Network

Sounds good to me! I'm sure it's awesome.

YAY! I'm gonna see it on Friday, so I'm very cautious with spoilers. I didn't expect universal acclaim for this movie, this makes me even more excited!

I will be interested to see what the opinion of this movie will be, say, this same time next year.

Would not be the first time that a massively hyped film got great reviews, only for everyone to come out a few months later saying it was overrated.

celador said:
I will be interested to see what the opinion of this movie will be, say, this same time next year.

Would not be the first time that a massively hyped film got great reviews, only for everyone to come out a few months later saying it was overrated.

Like Jurrasic World?  Just saw it recently from Redbox and I'm glad I waited to pay $2 for a blu ray rental.  Seemed too fake due to relying solely on CGI (orginal at least made some of the dinos along with CGI).  The part where Pratt goes into the raptor cage to save the guy that fell in was the straw that broke the camel's back.  People were praising the movie earlier this year.  I'd give it 3 out of 5.

Very hyped !!