By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Official sony statement! Kojima and sony working on a ps4 exclusive!!

This is going to be awesome!

Yes 182 66.18%

No 9 3.27%

Spiritual successor to zone of the enders! 12 4.36%

Spirtual successor to MGS! 13 4.73%

New ip! 58 21.09%

Total:274

Now they'll just make P.T. right?

Around the Network

Ah, finally. I was only interested in how and when.

CU......or CF ?

Great announcement!!!
Kojima belongs to Playstation, Playstation was always the best place for him!!!

Q&A with PlayStation's EU community manager: https://medium.com/@PadPoet/sony-computer-entertainment-enters-into-an-agreement-with-kojima-productions-1490ebd29c45#.kverhkgca

Some quick highlights:

Q4: Is SCE making an investment in Kojima Productions? What is the total cost of the agreement? Is it incorporated in the G&NS forecast? How much impact will this have to Sony’s overall operating performance?
A: SCE is not investing in Kojima Productions. Cost of the contract is undisclosed. Cost is already incorporated. Impact is minimal.

Q6: What other platforms will Kojima’s first independent title be available on, besides PS4?
A: The title is planned to become available on PC (after PS4).

Q17: Will SCE WWS and Kojima Productions develop the first title together?
A: The software title will be developed by Kojima Productions, but SCE will provide support as necessary.

Q18: Which company will publish the first title?
A: SCE will be the publisher.

Q19: Will the title’s copyright belong to SCE?
A: We have nothing to announce at this point in time. We will announce further details when ready.

Almost everything else is pretty much "can't say" or known information

Man, this is great news. Hope Kojima san keeps creating great games for us...

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

Around the Network
poklane said:

Q&A with PlayStation's EU community manager: https://medium.com/@PadPoet/sony-computer-entertainment-enters-into-an-agreement-with-kojima-productions-1490ebd29c45#.kverhkgca

Some quick highlights:

Q4: Is SCE making an investment in Kojima Productions? What is the total cost of the agreement? Is it incorporated in the G&NS forecast? How much impact will this have to Sony’s overall operating performance?
A: SCE is not investing in Kojima Productions. Cost of the contract is undisclosed. Cost is already incorporated. Impact is minimal.

Q6: What other platforms will Kojima’s first independent title be available on, besides PS4?

A: The software title will be developed by Kojima Productions, but SCE will provide support as necessary.

A: We have nothing to announce at this point in time. We will announce further details when ready.

Hopefully, that will put a stop to that nonsense of it going to other platforms besides PC.

poklane said:

Some quick highlights:

Thanks for the info. man :)

Aeolus451 said:

Hopefully, that will put a stop to that nonsense of it going to other platforms besides PC.

yeah i think its pretty clear, this game wont ever come out on Xbox or Nintendo. 

Best news I've waken up to. Something this mindblowing would've been hard to expect. And Sony has nailed it with this partnership

I don't care if it's a P.T. or a spiritual successor for ZOE or MGS, I'd love to see what Kojima Productions have planned.

Can't wait to see what Kojima is going to do next on my PC.
I hope it will be a Visual Novel like Snatcher but it won't happen D: