By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: Horizon Zero Dawn > Zelda BoTW

Train wreck said:
*Checks sales charts from the world over*...yep, Horizon Zero Dawn is still one of the best (if not the best) selling playstation game in the world right now. When are people expecting this slowdown honestly?

Its not going to slow down.. That said how much do you ser BotW selling?

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
CGI-Quality said:

My reaction as well

Actually that is pretty much my reaction EVERY single time I see a post from that user because it is usally off the wall and makes no sesne which is confusing......like the one he just made as of today we KNOW that HZD is ahead of BOTH of the wild ins ales but his post was Zelda>HZD as of today which is false....

Anyway OT:

All I know is that isn't going the route MOST predicted with BOTW easily beating HZD in sales so that is one leg up for HZD! I think when all is said and done both will be about equal in sales.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

TheBlackNaruto said:

Actually that is pretty much my reaction EVERY single time I see a post from that user because it is usally off the wall and makes no sesne which is confusing......like the one he just made as of today we KNOW that HZD is ahead of BOTH of the wild ins ales but his post was Zelda>HZD as of today which is false....

Anyway OT:

All I know is that isn't going the route MOST predicted with BOTW easily beating HZD in sales so that is one leg up for HZD! I think when all is said and done both will be about equal in sales.

Agreed about the bold. I read a lot of people here telling us that Horizon didn't stand a chance and on the other thread which is the exact opposite. People telling us it is expected that Horizon will outsell it 1st week. Who would have epxected Horizon will stand toe to toe with Zelda. Seeing a thread and a lot post that HZD will lose its thunder because of Zelda and HZD will be overshadow by Zelda and look at it now. Regardless even if BoTW outsold it in the long run. HZD is the real winner here. An underdog standing toe to toe with a big dog. XD

Horizon is a great game GG created a new great IP and I expect HZD 2 be better and bigger. 

NoCtiS_NoX said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

Anyway OT:

Agreed about the bold. I read a lot of people here telling us that Horizon didn't stand a chance and on the other thread which is the exact opposite. People telling us it is expected that Horizon will outsell it 1st week. Who would have epxected Horizon will stand toe to toe with Zelda. Seeing a thread and a lot post that HZD will lose its thunder because of Zelda and HZD will be overshadow by Zelda and look at it now. Regardless even if BoTW outsold it in the long run. HZD is the real winner here. An underdog standing toe to toe with a big dog. XD

Horizon is a great game GG created a new great IP and I expect HZD 2 be better and bigger. 

While it's great that HZD is doing well, I wouldn't say it's the real winner as Zelda has done more than its job in selling the Switch to consumers as we see the console selling relatively well even if the Switch is slowly being resupplied. And it has lived up to its franchise's high expectations, legacy and more. Both are selling well and long-term sales is just as important as launch numbers. I mean Splatoon sold decent at launch but its legs allowed it to be one of the great success stories of this gen. Not only selling above its low expectations but in a genre that some may believe has been stale for quite some time. So in a way they both are real winners. Zelda has sold consumers to the Switch even selling more than the console itself and HZD was able to surpass expectations as a new IP.

StreaK said:
leo-j said:
Horizon sold more than zelda did month 1

Yep!

And I believe both games will actually sell in the range of 7-8+ million copies lifetime. For Zelda it's a given as on average, all Zelda games fall within the 6-7 million range. But for Horizon, that would be HUGE because it has no fan following. Only now it is earning fans. People are in love with Alloy after playing this game.

Where are you pulling this from? Most Zelda games (both 2D and 3D, both handheld and home console) don't manage to hit even 5 million outside of Virtual Console sales, late ports to next-gen platforms, and remakes.

I WON A BET AGAINST AZUREN! WOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:3

Around the Network
NoCtiS_NoX said:
TheBlackNaruto said:

Anyway OT:

Yes HZD is an amazing game and GG deserves credit for doing ana mazing job! And yes sir those people went from it would never happen to it was expected so with HZD proving so many wrong and holding its on I have to say it already makes it a winner. I can't wait for the next installment!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

TheWPCTraveler said:
StreaK said:

Yep!

And I believe both games will actually sell in the range of 7-8+ million copies lifetime. For Zelda it's a given as on average, all Zelda games fall within the 6-7 million range. But for Horizon, that would be HUGE because it has no fan following. Only now it is earning fans. People are in love with Alloy after playing this game.

Where are you pulling this from? Most Zelda games (both 2D and 3D, both handheld and home console) don't manage to hit even 5 million outside of Virtual Console sales, late ports to next-gen platforms, and remakes.

Dont worry this zelda will hit 8mil+ lifetime. Its tracking ahead of TP and i bet shipments is already over 3.5mil by march alone

What do Metacritic say?

So with daredevil premature calling victory for no real reason based on anything other than just being biased npd shows HDZ selling at minimum 650k sales (retail) and add in digital it should be around 850k-1mil.

Zelda outsold it in US by around 400k-600k.

HDZ vs BotW

*HDZ did supposedly 2.6mil sell thru first 2 weeks (WW)

850k-1mil × 1.385mil (US First Month)
200K × 475k Japan (7 weeks no digital)
200k+ × 100k+ (UK present)

200k+ x 200k+ (Germany but Zelda is greater and this is march)

Any1 else got official numbers? (Other regions)

tbone51 said:

So with daredevil premature calling victory for no real reason based on anything other than just being biased npd shows HDZ selling at minimum 650k sales (retail) and add in digital it should be around 850k-1mil.

Zelda outsold it in US by around 400k-600k.

HDZ vs BotW

*HDZ did supposedly 2.6mil sell thru first 2 weeks (WW)

850k-1mil × 1.385mil (US First Month)
200K × 475k Japan (7 weeks no digital)
200k+ × 100k+ (UK present)

200k+ x 200k+ (Germany but Zelda is greater and this is march)

Any1 else got official numbers? (Other regions)

Dude wtf. It's HZD.

We have more Zelda numbers (france, spain), but no idea about Horizon.

Bet with bluedawgs: I say Switch will outsell PS4 in 2018, he says PS4 will outsell Switch. He's now permabanned, but the bet will remain in my sig.

NNID: Slarvax - Steam: Slarvax - Friend Code:  SW 7885-0552-5988