By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Prediction: Horizon Zero Dawn > Zelda BoTW

Botw > HZD (Biases)

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Boutros said:

I'm literally counting 5 and that's without digital sales (which would probably add 4 more to that list).

Also Mario Kart 8 was bundled just as much as Uncharted 4 (a lot more in fact proportionally speaking) so you're attach rate point is moot.

Nowhere near was MK8 as bundled as UC4 bro :p 

I bet not even 1mil MK8 copies were sold bundled. Numbers dont add up

As I've said I mean proportionally (to the total amount of hardware sales). Mario Kart 8 has been the most popular and the most accessible bundle in most European regions since the October 2015 bundle that included the game and the DLC. It's still one of the only bundle readily available to this day. It's the same in NA. Only in like Japan it isn't the most popular bundle. And that's not counting the previous Mario Kart 8 bundle that was released at launch. I'm pretty sure the Mario Kart 8 bundle sold at least 2-3m. Out of 14m Wii U consoles that's proportionally much higher than U4's (which is probably at like 3-4m on a 55m userbase).

Boutros said:
tbone51 said:

Nowhere near was MK8 as bundled as UC4 bro :p 

I bet not even 1mil MK8 copies were sold bundled. Numbers dont add up

As I've said I mean proportionally (to the total amount of hardware sales). Mario Kart 8 has been the most popular and the most accessible bundle in most European regions since the October 2015 bundle that included the game and the DLC. It's still one of the only bundle readily available to this day. It's the same in NA. Only in like Japan it isn't the most popular bundle. And that's not counting the previous Mario Kart 8 bundle that was released at launch. I'm pretty sure the Mario Kart 8 bundle sold at least 2-3m. Out of 14m Wii U consoles that's proportionally much higher than U4's (which is probably at like 3-4m on a 55m userbase).

Too bad we dont get exact figures from the companies with shipment #s. Itll make thongs alot morw clearer/easier lol. Maybe your right, i dont think its close to that (though i know europe had the bundle for awhile)

Playstation fans are living in a dream world. Horizon won't sell any more than 3 million max. BoTW will sell at least 6 million.

Sales prediction, PS4: 122 Million, Xbox one: 50 million, Switch: 105 million. 

Lenny93 said:
Playstation fans are living in a dream world. Horizon won't sell any more than 3 million max. BoTW will sell at least 6 million.

Zelda could easily do that and even more if Switch picks up but Horizon will absolutely sell more than 3m lol

I don't see it below 5m and I think that's very realistic.

Around the Network
Lenny93 said:

Bloodborne and Infamous are crawling to the 3 million mark already if you include digital for sure this game is going to surpass Bloodborne 4 million is defenitly possible.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar

Helloplite said:
It is looking highly unlikely that Horizon will best Zelda, even if Zelda turns out to be the worst 3D Zelda of all time. Horizon is a very pretty game, but looks alone do not define a game.

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2017/02/20/horizon-zero-dawn-the-good-the-bad-the-boring

Whyw ould you pick just this one review(or preview whatever it is lol) when there are FAR more that say the game is amazing?

irstupid said:
Helloplite said:
It is looking highly unlikely that Horizon will best Zelda, even if Zelda turns out to be the worst 3D Zelda of all time. Horizon is a very pretty game, but looks alone do not define a game.

http://www.kotaku.co.uk/2017/02/20/horizon-zero-dawn-the-good-the-bad-the-boring

That was disheartening to read. Basically it just says the world is beatiful. That's about it. Sure it says teh trapping is genius, yet rarely can it be utilized, thus a hugely wasted potential.

But beyond the gameplay, inventory/crafting/ect mishaps they point out, the one thing I most wanted to read about was the world. Not the world as in it looking pretty, but as in was teh story engaging. Are the side quests more than just repetative fetch quests. Are the side quest givers interesting and stories/quests interesting that help fill out the world, or as i said just some fetch/material/kill quest.

It's those things that engage me in a Open World. Any game looks pretty after a few hours of nonstop playing. But its the random npc's that fill the world in and make it believable. Heck, it's why mods are so good for games like this (skyrim) because you have people add in those interesting characters and quests that fill teh world out. Otherwise teh game gets boring quckly.

Reading tombs though does sound nice. Puzzles in games like Tomb Raider or Zelda help out games big. In Tomb Raider or Zelda, you go into a dungeon and you are solving a puzzle to get to the end "treasure". In skyrim, you go into a dungeon and just walk forward killing anything inside to get treasure. That is boring. Hoping that Horizon is the former and not the later. Heck, the best part of Rise of Tomb Raider was teh tombs that had zero enemies in. The Shrines in Breath of teh Wild seem to be enemy free and are purely puzzle goodness.

Did you check out any of the other reviews? Ones like this one are rare but others have been giving the game all praise so I would say check them out heck the game is currently sitting at what an 88 or 89 average so it did something right!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Horizon got reviewed. It was great effort by GG. 88 isn't bad but BOTW will surely beat it to it. Looking forward to BoTW. Excellent month for gamers are they can enjoy these two great games.

I think The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wilds odds are much in it's favour, I don't see how it couldn't beat Horizon Zero Dawn's metacritic score of 88. Most Legend of Zelda games are above 90, and the one's that aren't really full blown main series titles.

daredevil.shark said:
Horizon got reviewed. It was great effort by GG. 88 isn't bad but BOTW will surely beat it to it. Looking forward to BoTW. Excellent month for gamers are they can enjoy these two great games.

Hey anything is possible this generation lol

As far as sales go.....you may get cheated there.....before BoTW was only supposed to be on Wii U now it is on Wii U AND Swtichw ith Switch being a brand new system so that messed up your sales predicition.

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23