By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - (Rumour) Rise of the Tomb Raider sells less than 200k in November (U.S.)

AsGryffynn said:
OneKartVita said:

Whan the Playstation Plus launched on PS3 there was already plenty of good titles out to makes it so PS+ had great value, expecting the same to happen on PS4 was simply not possible, it's a service who gains value as the generation goes.

Would still takes ages to see Tomb Raider on it though.

The XONE has had a fair share of AAA free GWG. Thief is on December's list! For December, PS+ only has Gauntlet and King's Quest. I expected The Order and the Oneechanbara to make it at least...

Compare this

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/11/25/ps-plus-free-games-for-december-2015/

With this...

http://majornelson.com/2015/11/24/xbox-live-games-with-gold-for-december-2015/

And all of them can be downloaded on the same console...

Exactly! 2 years in and all we're still getting are crap games that we'd never buy in the first place. The Order, Infamous: Second Son, and Bound By Flame are great candidates for free PS+ games but they give us pixel-art crap instead. Why'd I buy a $400 game console with advanced graphics capabilities if I want to play games that look like they're made in 1985? It's not to say that the art direction make them crappy games but none of these games so far have been good games. 

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

Around the Network
OneKartVita said:
AsGryffynn said:

Depends on their reasoning not to buy it...

The reason is obvious.  Sloppy 3rds.  The blame lies on the people delivering it late not the people who refused to be hyped on a year late release. 

Sloppy what?

Xenostar said:
AsGryffynn said:

Free for everyone who owns a XONE... I literally don't know a XONE owner who has no XBL Gold membership.

A XONE without XBL is like a computer without internet...

Yes thats pretty much what its like but its not free. 

It is. You're not buying XBLG for the games...

FentonCrackshell said:
AsGryffynn said:

The XONE has had a fair share of AAA free GWG. Thief is on December's list! For December, PS+ only has Gauntlet and King's Quest. I expected The Order and the Oneechanbara to make it at least...

Compare this

With this...

Exactly! 2 years in and all we're still getting are crap games that we'd never buy in the first place. The Order, Infamous: Second Son, and Bound By Flame are great candidates for free PS+ games but they give us pixel-art crap instead. Why'd I buy a $400 game console with advanced graphics capabilities if I want to play games that look like they're made in 1985? It's not to say that the art direction make them crappy games but none of these games so far have been good games. 

After the reverse compatibility stunt, I think Sony likes cash grabs more than people think...

AsGryffynn said:
OneKartVita said:
AsGryffynn said:

Depends on their reasoning not to buy it...

The reason is obvious.  Sloppy 3rds.  The blame lies on the people delivering it late not the people who refused to be hyped on a year late release. 

Sloppy what?

Xenostar said:
AsGryffynn said:

Free for everyone who owns a XONE... I literally don't know a XONE owner who has no XBL Gold membership.

Yes thats pretty much what its like but its not free. 

It is. You're not buying XBLG for the games...

FentonCrackshell said:
AsGryffynn said:

Compare this

With this...

After the reverse compatibility stunt, I think Sony likes cash grabs more than people think...

Sloppy thirds. They are the 3Rd and last platform to get the game long after pc and xbox.  

Well actually fourth if you count 360 and x1 separate. 

AsGryffynn said:
Xenostar said:
AsGryffynn said:
Xenostar said:

how?

Games with Gold. At the rate it goes, they'll eventually cycle through the whole inventory...

So not free then

If you think this way about a console maybe console gaming isnt for you?

@asgryffyn
"With that logic the XONE deserves no exclusives!"

no one deserves anything. But even if they did no, xone doesnt deserve exclusives. Why would they? the PS4 has sold almost twice as much. WHy would a 3rd party that is somewhat intelligent put an exclusive on a system that has that much less potential buyers? they wouldnt unless they were getting money upfront or they are stupid

Around the Network
oniyide said:
@asgryffyn

no one deserves anything. But even if they did no, xone doesnt deserve exclusives. Why would they? the PS4 has sold almost twice as much. WHy would a 3rd party that is somewhat intelligent put an exclusive on a system that has that much less potential buyers? they wouldnt unless they were getting money upfront or they are stupid

Yaaaassssss!!!! It's quite obvious that Square took the cash up front and ran. Nothing about this deal makes sense. NOTHING!!!

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

FentonCrackshell said:

PS+ games are technically free, so saying you wouldn't buy the games if otherwise is kind of missing the point.

That being said the quality drop off is steep, but I think that's only because we still don't have mid tier games or multiplats like we did last gen. Supposedly they'll comeback, but considering PS+ started way more than 2 years in the PS3's lifetime, with midtier games already being a staple from 6th gen, It's unlikely that you will see a quality uptick any time soon.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

FentonCrackshell said:
oniyide said:
@asgryffyn

Yaaaassssss!!!! It's quite obvious that Square took the cash up front and ran. Nothing about this deal makes sense. NOTHING!!!

kinda like they probably did with FF13, i aint even mad about it, but the BS lies and excuses people be making...just call it what it is. And hope MS uses there funds more wisely in the future, like i dont know...an original game!

I'm not saying it would.... but does anyone think it could sell 500k + first week on PS4 alone in the US? I think it could... still might. I'm basing that on nothing since I don't know anything about the history sales wise per console of the game.

SE needs to have that thing 40bucks with all DLC included and even some bonus stuff