By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - (Rumour) Rise of the Tomb Raider sells less than 200k in November (U.S.)

OneKartVita said:
AsGryffynn said:
OneKartVita said:
AsGryffynn said:

Depends on their reasoning not to buy it...

The reason is obvious.  Sloppy 3rds.  The blame lies on the people delivering it late not the people who refused to be hyped on a year late release. 

Sloppy what?

Xenostar said:
AsGryffynn said:

Free for everyone who owns a XONE... I literally don't know a XONE owner who has no XBL Gold membership.

A XONE without XBL is like a computer without internet...

Yes thats pretty much what its like but its not free. 

It is. You're not buying XBLG for the games...

FentonCrackshell said:
AsGryffynn said:

The XONE has had a fair share of AAA free GWG. Thief is on December's list! For December, PS+ only has Gauntlet and King's Quest. I expected The Order and the Oneechanbara to make it at least...

Compare this

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/11/25/ps-plus-free-games-for-december-2015/

With this...

http://majornelson.com/2015/11/24/xbox-live-games-with-gold-for-december-2015/

And all of them can be downloaded on the same console...

Exactly! 2 years in and all we're still getting are crap games that we'd never buy in the first place. The Order, Infamous: Second Son, and Bound By Flame are great candidates for free PS+ games but they give us pixel-art crap instead. Why'd I buy a $400 game console with advanced graphics capabilities if I want to play games that look like they're made in 1985? It's not to say that the art direction make them crappy games but none of these games so far have been good games. 

After the reverse compatibility stunt, I think Sony likes cash grabs more than people think...

Sloppy thirds. They are the 3Rd and last platform to get the game long after pc and xbox.  

Well actually fourth if you count 360 and x1 separate. 

I don't see that hurting sales if the price is dropped...

Ruler said:
AsGryffynn said:

Free for everyone who owns a XONE... I literally don't know a XONE owner who has no XBL Gold membership.

A XONE without XBL is like a computer without internet...

If you think this way about a console maybe console gaming isnt for you?

If you think that way perhaps internet isn't for you...

oniyide said:
@asgryffyn
"With that logic the XONE deserves no exclusives!"

no one deserves anything. But even if they did no, xone doesnt deserve exclusives. Why would they? the PS4 has sold almost twice as much. WHy would a 3rd party that is somewhat intelligent put an exclusive on a system that has that much less potential buyers? they wouldnt unless they were getting money upfront or they are stupid

I'll cite Insomniac's reason for not releasing Sunset Overdrive on the PS4...

"We wanted to keep the rights over our stuff"...

Money is the obvious one, but companies like Sony want things done their way. Companies that don't want to do as Sony says ask MS for support instead. It is still the fastest selling Xbox console in history and the former two had free exclusives. Plague and Ori have no Sony ports so far...

oniyide said:
SE needs to have that thing 40bucks with all DLC included and even some bonus stuff

This. It'll breath new life into it...

Around the Network

@asygryffyn and how well has Sunset Drive done so far? Keeping the rights to there game is not a bad reason but considering they are the only ones ive heard doing this it cant be that much of an issue.

and it doesnt matter if xone is the fastest selling xone system when we talk should exclusives be on it, not when the PS4 still has almost twice the sales.

oniyide said:
@asygryffyn and how well has Sunset Drive done so far? Keeping the rights to there game is not a bad reason but considering they are the only ones ive heard doing this it cant be that much of an issue.

and it doesnt matter if xone is the fastest selling xone system when we talk should exclusives be on it, not when the PS4 still has almost twice the sales.

By that logic no system except the leading one ought to have exclusives, but the Wii U does. The PSVita does, the original Xbox did, so yes, the XONE can, has and WILL have non MS exclusives. Over and out.

AsGryffynn said:
oniyide said:

By that logic no system except the leading one ought to have exclusives, but the Wii U does. The PSVita does, the original Xbox did, so yes, the XONE can, has and WILL have non MS exclusives. Over and out.

i never said they shouldnt. you said they deserve, which they dont casue they havent done anything TO deserve they get exclusives. by getting stomp by the competition? ok

oniyide said:
AsGryffynn said:

i never said they shouldnt. you said they deserve, which they dont casue they havent done anything TO deserve they get exclusives. by getting stomp by the competition? ok

They deserve them. I already cited the reasons. The competition doing better is not related to how good the system is...

Around the Network

When a deal goes south like that someone somewhere pays, at the very least it will sour the relationship between MS and Square... Sony won't even have to ask for some exclusivity deal, it will be the de facto assumption that games do not go on other consoles, at least not MS consoles, since people don't buy their games on them anyway...

AsGryffynn said:

So i cant play my games anymore like Bloodborne without the internet? 

Ruler said:

AsGryffynn said:

So i cant play my games anymore like Bloodborne without the internet? 

No. I can play Halo 5 without the internet, but with internet is better.

AsGryffynn said:
oniyide said:

They deserve them. I already cited the reasons. The competition doing better is not related to how good the system is...

dont matter how good the system is, if it dont have th sales to support an exclusive it doesnt matter.

oniyide said:
AsGryffynn said:

dont matter how good the system is, if it dont have th sales to support an exclusive it doesnt matter.

But it does have them, just not this exclusive...