By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The State of the PS4 in 2015 [Kotaku]

Just unloaded both barrels on the Xbox one article, they probably won't publish it cause it isn't very complimentary. Sick of these obvious attempts to subvert the natural course of the industry and the free choice of people. It is not informative and really doesn't reflect what PS has to offer in contrast to Xbox. I'm sick of typing in PS4 into google news to see; Forbes: PS4 used by terrorists, PS4 emulation is terrible, Xbox does BC way better, Destructoid: emulated ps2 games run worse in EU. Then these MS adverts disguised badly as an editorial piece from Kotaku.

Then you type in Xbox one during BF week and it has a long list of the best deals and where to get them, meanwhile when I typed in PS4 it had some arbitrary story that I can barely remember.
I really hope NPD is a landslide tonight cause I am just super pissed with the " games media".

Around the Network

This article is just inconsistent I was going to read the Xbox article. But now I'm thinking maybe no!

Bryank75 said:
Just unloaded both barrels on the Xbox one article, they probably won't publish it cause it isn't very complimentary. Sick of these obvious attempts to subvert the natural course of the industry and the free choice of people. It is not informative and really doesn't reflect what PS has to offer in contrast to Xbox. I'm sick of typing in PS4 into google news to see; Forbes: PS4 used by terrorists, PS4 emulation is terrible, Xbox does BC way better, Destructoid: emulated ps2 games run worse in EU. Then these MS adverts disguised badly as an editorial piece from Kotaku.

Then you type in Xbox one during BF week and it has a long list of the best deals and where to get them, meanwhile when I typed in PS4 it had some arbitrary story that I can barely remember.
I really hope NPD is a landslide tonight cause I am just super pissed with the " games media".

What is your username on there? Interesting in seeing what "both barrels" looks like LOL.

Believe it or not, I somewhat agree with Kotaku ...

Even though PS4 is by far the best that this gen has to offer and if I had to choose a console myself it would undoubtedly be the PS4 but I too am still unexcited for the PS4 ...

BraLoD said:
Hahahaha I can't believe that.

Now they bring PC on the table to dismiss PS4, while it was never on XBO article and the XBO actually is the one who divids stuff with PC more often.

Timed deals are now bad practises when Tomb Raider was pointed as a good thing in the XBO article.

Sony not focusing holidays only is also a problem apparently, don't matter if it was always getting a good steady of games the whole year.

It always been good is also a problem, as it's not improving so fast because of that.

Things won't get better anytime soon, said them before that 2016 lineup, never mentioned in the article.

I... I... Wow, Kotaku.

Yep petty much this.

Ive always heard about how much of a shit Kotaku is as a site, and they keep on giving me reasons to believe that.

Around the Network

Kirk is a known pessimist, and Stephen is a known MS cronie. I'm not surprised by these reviews.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

LudicrousSpeed said:
Bryank75 said:
Snip.

What is your username on there? Interesting in seeing what "both barrels" looks like LOL.

Same username as here I think. Usually both barrells doesnt get published or gets me a ban. I just checked and it hasn't been approved yet....

"The PlayStation 4 is an unexciting video game console, all things considered. It’s a box that you put under your TV, and it plays video games."

That has to be the weakest critique of any game console I've ever read.

People will attack this article and rightly so. People love their console of choice. I own a PS4 and the last game I purchased was MGSV (which was a disappointment for me) and the last exclusive I felt inclined to spend money on was Until Dawn. Great console but 2015 left a lot to be desired for me. 2016 is right around the corner and it should be a killer.

In all fairness, I didn't have a problem with the Xbox One article. However, the contrast between these two articles is ludicrous and goes a long way toward making Kotaku look worse than usual.

Don't compare one to gaming PCs and not the other. They share the same market space. Don't question timed exclusive DLC and not timed exclusive games. That doesn't even make sense. Don't overly praise one for improving greatly on awful beginnings yet criticize the other for steady improvement on very good beginnings. And, I really mean this one, don't act as if the fall season is the only one that matters. I play games all year around. Fall is already packed with third-party titles which makes releasing exclusives the rest of the year a better practice for gamers.

Very poor effort from Kotaku. They should be somewhat embarrassed by this.