By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The State of the PS4 in 2015 [Kotaku]

Risthel said:
Ok, Kotaku's bias confirmed.

^ this.

You cant tell me that author isnt biased.

Its all backhanded compliments.

Around the Network

Spite on the successful console --> create buzz --> get more clicks.
That's how it works.

BraLoD said:
Hahahaha I can't believe that.

Now they bring PC on the table to dismiss PS4, while it was never on XBO article and the XBO actually is the one who divids stuff with PC more often.

Timed deals are now bad practises when Tomb Raider was pointed as a good thing in the XBO article.

Sony not focusing holidays only is also a problem apparently, don't matter if it was always getting a good steady of games the whole year.

It always been good is also a problem, as it's not improving so fast because of that.

Things won't get better anytime soon, said them before that 2016 lineup, never mentioned in the article.

I... I... Wow, Kotaku.

Well to be fair this was kind of his reasoning in comparing it to PC gaming: 

Bloodborne’s arrival in mid-2015 underlined just how much the PS4 needs meaty, acclaimed exclusives to make it feel like a competitive alternative to a gaming PC.

But if you compare the two articles this one is definately more negative as he should make the comparison for Xbox.

I think the author believes that Sony was doing better things when the PS was behind as opposed to now where not much exciting has happened.  I don't think the PS4 UI is slow, I just think it is a bad design and looks super outdated.  They still have not come out with a new model for a controller with longer battery life.  Not joking when I say this but the XBO controller doubles the PS4's battery life easily.  XBO now also has a controller to compete with a very popular Scuf controllers that sell for $160+ and obviously it would be a good thing if Sony tried to compete. 

We should just stop to care about Kotaku. Seriously, what else do they have to do for people to finally not go there anymore?

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Kataku once again has no boundaries for bias and clickbait.

...Let the Sony Domination continue with the PS4...
Around the Network

Difficult to navigate/settings? The UI is the best personally, hated the X1 UI, he/she is an idiot if it's difficult.

I tried my hardest to read it... and got 9 words in. Damn that is far too much kotaku to take in, will have to go and bleach my eyes.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Random_Matt said:
Difficult to navigate/settings? The UI is the best personally, hated the X1 UI, he/she is an idiot if it's difficult.

PS4 UI the best? LOL.  He said some things are difficult.  And I agree because XBO handles multitasking far more efficiently. 

see how opinions work. 

Bail said:
Spite on the successful console --> create buzz --> get more clicks.
That's how it works.

Write Junk article > put it on Kotaku > no clicks > write worse article > Kotaku > get even worse > Kotaku

That's basically what the site has been for the past... 4 years now? just trying to 1-up itself with shitposts disguised as news or putting out opinions that no gamer agrees with and tries to annoy gamers by suggesting that if you don't agree with the articles content you aren't a gamer, tis all just clickbait for ads those who think Kotaku does news for the sake of being a good news site anymore are horribly mistaken.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

I think both of those articles were pretty good. Written by different people, so when I read users complaining about Article A saying one thing while Article B has a different view on the same matter, I don't really understand.

I skipped the VR part, but I agree with pretty much everything else said in the article. As someone who is seen as an "Xbox fanboy" here, which makes me laugh, my problems with the PS4 heading into 2015 are still an issue heading into 2016:

The controller sucks imho. The thumb sticks erode very quickly, it feels like a cheap 3rd party pad. And I will never like the analog stick placement as much as I do offset analogs.

The network is not good. As the article suggests, the infrastructure is just not where it needs to be for the console leading the industry imho. Down times are common, download speeds are laughably slow, latency is an issue in online games I have played. Considering we're paying for access now, it should be drastically improved from PS3 but it simply is not.

The games are lacking. As someone who owns a WiiU and an Xbone, and prefers playing on Xbone due to controller/UI and placement of the console (in the main family room, as the wife and kids use it for Peggle, Monopoly, Hulu and Netflix, where as the PS4 is in the office since my 12 year old is the only one who uses it), there's little on the console I won't already have played elsewhere. This was an issue when I bought the console and 2015 did nothing to fix the problem. Especially since The Order sucked hard, and I bought Bloodborne but just did not click with it. If MS got FS to make them an exclusive Dark Souls type game, I would not be a fan of it either. There was nothing else except Until Dawn, which I do wanna try, but not at $60, and I do wanna support the dev by not renting or buying used, so waiting on a sale. 2016 does add some interesting titles, like Horizon, and Enter the Gungeon, which isn't on Xbone. No Man's Sky might also warrant a purchase. Last Guardian, probably.

I'm not a fan of the UI, either, but this is probably mostly due to just not using it much and getting accustomed to it.

I'm waiting on there to be some sort of SOCOM style PS4 exclusive that really grabs me and makes me use it more. I have even started getting games on PS4 I would normally get on Xbone, like Mad Max, Rainbow Six, just to try and use the console more. But right now it's just a Madden machine for me. I hope 2016 changes that.