By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - When was the last time a game's graphics blew your mind?

COD Advanced Warfare.

Around the Network

This gen: Drive Club and The Order 1886. Probably the best looking games in their respective genres to date.

Last gen: Uncharted 2, God of War 3 and The Last of Us.

Biggest impression ever: Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core, I still can't believe my PSP was able to run that game.

Edit: I just realized that regardless of what people think of the gameplay, PlayStation games are very pretty.

The Order. It looked good in videos and and screenshots, but once i actually saw it in action on my TV i was like "fuckin' hell".

Battlefront. It looks exactly like the movies and sounds like it too. It also was my first game of this generation.

"Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth." -My good friend Mark Aurelius

Super Mario 64... in 2008. I'm not even joking with this one, I was still a little kid and only played flash games at the time. As for recent games, I'd say the Zelda U reveal from E3 2014, even if the game isn't out yet it already looks wonderful.

Around the Network

Xenoblade Chronicles X, just the other day when i got it. I imagine it will keep doing it as i play more.

Most amazing vistas i have seen.

Killzone Shadow Fall

Going from PS1 and playing Dead or Alive 2 on the Dreamcast demo disc. Maybe Resident Evil on Gamecube.

For me, it's been baby steps since then. No "quantum leaps". I've been impressed since then but not blown away.

d21lewis said:
Going from PS1 and playing Dead or Alive 2 on the Dreamcast demo disc. Maybe Resident Evil on Gamecube.

For me, it's been baby steps since then. No "quantum leaps". I've been impressed since then but not blown away.

Thats pretty much how it is going to be from here on out. We will see better resolution, aa, textures,ect but no big jumps.

Uncharted 2 / Gears of War (environment) / MGS4 (character models) was when I was truly blown away.

Tried Alien Soldier a couple of weeks ago.

Man did those guys know the megadrive hardware.

I LOVE ICELAND!