By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - November 2015 NPD Thread! Hardware and software in OP!

tak13 said:
binary solo said:

No one has ever said that. It is past its peak, but this gen should still end up with sales close to 6th gen, just with more Xbs sold, and fewer PSs and Wii Us compared to the 6th gen counterparts. The 9th gen will determine whether console gaming is dying.

What... the 6th gen of the almighty PS2? Do you know the total sales of 6th consoles? 212m or 203m excluding Dreamcast... You probably wanted to say surpassing considerably 5th gen... Unless you have a different definition for the ''close'' than me...

Hmm you're right. Lemme do some mental calcs...8th gen should tally up to about 160 million...Oh so what I meant by close to 6th gen is actually close to the winner of the 6th gen. My bad.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network
darkenergy said:

Ali_16x said:

So The Greatest Lineup in Xbox History leads to a 65k increase in 2nd biggest month of of the year compared to that of last year? Lol, wow. This month sure was interesting.

I dont know what's funny, if MS cut the price to $299 at the start of November it will be higher than what it is. It's actually impressive that it is higher than last year even though it had a late price cut. 

By the way people are jumping the gun here.

It's funny because Microsoft is calling it their "best lineup" yet it failed so hard. How is that not funny? Not to mention they're calling their 2016 lineup also their "best lineup". It's obviously just a marketing slogan but calling it the "best lineup" every year is ridiculous.

Really? That's your excuse? If if they waited for the price drop at November? I don't see the PS4 being almost flat YoY with their price drop.

"There is only one race, the pathetic begging race"

Ali_16x said:
darkenergy said:

I dont know what's funny, if MS cut the price to $299 at the start of November it will be higher than what it is. It's actually impressive that it is higher than last year even though it had a late price cut. 

It's funny because Microsoft is calling it their "best lineup" yet it failed so hard. How is that not funny? Not to mention they're calling their 2016 lineup also their "best lineup". It's obviously just a marketing slogan but calling it the "best lineup" every year is ridiculous.

Really? That's your excuse? If if they waited for the price drop at November? I don't see the PS4 being almost flat YoY with their price drop.

Nope I don't really think it failed hard that is just your opinion it seems Forza 6, Halo 5 and Gears in the same year is good I don't think thats ever happen before. But in my opinion next year will be better starting with Quantum Break which is a day one buy for me and of course Gears 4. I will decide whether I get Crackdown 3.

I don't think you understand X1 sales did increase from last year, there was even someone here who believe it was overtracked by 200K but it wasn't the case. 

Proud to be a Californian.

darkenergy said:

Nope I don't really think it failed hard that is just your opinion it seems Forza 6, Halo 5 and Gears in the same year is good I don't think thats ever happen before. But in my opinion next year will be better starting with Quantum Break which is a day one buy for me and of course Gears 4. I will decide whether I get Crackdown 3.

I don't think you understand X1 sales did increase from last year, there was even someone here who believe it was overtracked by 200K but it wasn't the case. 

No I'm pretty sure they failed because their objective with this slogan and literally every other slogan etc are to sell consoles. I'm 100% sure they expected the Xbox One to be higher than 5% YoY for the month of November. They expected consumers to buy the Xbox One because it would have the "best lineup in xbox history". I'm actually not sure why anyone would think didn't fail when you say you have the best lineup in xbox history with JUST a 5% increase YoY. And I'm pretty sure you're forgetting Microsoft also launched their biggest game, Halo and that's all it did....5%. It is a failure.

Also, I didn't say the Xbox didn't increase from last year, I said it was almost flat YoY, meaning it was barely an increase, ie 5%. Just for comparison PS4 was up 85% YoY for November. 

Shadow1980 said:

If my projections for lifetime PS4 & XBO sales are accurate, their combined sales should amount to somewhere between those of combined PS2+Xbox sales and combined PS3+360 sales. If you account for things like sales legs and generation lengths, the available data suggests that the console market (excluding Nintendo) is no longer growing per se, but has reached a stable level. Now all we need to see is if the NX is a more conventional system, and if so, what kind of sales it will get and what effect those sales have on the overall size of the console market this generation.

Of course, as usual I've been focusing on the U.S. market since we have the most complete data set for it. But the console market in Europe should be somewhat similar to the NA market. The only major region where the console market has shown a clear an unambiguous contraction is Japan, but the console market in the West is doing very well and shows no signs of slowing down.

If you just look at PSXbox and remove the Nintendo fluctuations 7th gen is smaller than 8th gen, so in theory 8th gen should be smaller than 9th gen, I guess you have tyo figure some people went from PS2 to Wii so you can't exclude all Wii sales for the purposes of how PS4 + Xb one will end up. So perhaps you can figure 10-20 million PS4 sold to Wii owners from last gen coming back to PS, or hopping across to Xb one. Obviously Nintendo is going to push the button early on a new console, and it would be completely wrong to give Nintendo 2 bites at the 8th gen cherry for analysing intergenerational sales patterns. I also think MS is not going to be satisfied with falling from being on par with PS3, in the end, to being up to 2:1 behind globally and 3:1 - 4:1 behind outside of USA South America and UK. If PS4 builds up a significant lead Xb one is likely to follow NX reasonably quickly and hit the reset button and make sure to butter up gamers rather than piss them off when they announce the next console. MS may have accepted it's lost the 8th gen badly, but it really wants to actually win a generation, so they are going to put up with this gen only as long as they need to. No doubt they have a preliminary design for Xbox One-2 already scoped out, anbd a final design will probably be almost done at the end of next year.

You could almost take a top line gaming PC from 2012 slap it in a box and call it a 9th gen console. That's probably the amount of power we're looking at, so figure out when that can be packaged as a console and put it on the market for $399 and you'll have the launch window for the 9th gen Xbox.

“The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt.” - Bertrand Russell

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."

Jimi Hendrix

Around the Network

This was a fun read. Good sales all around.

Ali_16x said:
darkenergy said:

At least we have geniusses here on VGC that are able to demystify the complicated marketing and PR and comprehend what MS is trying to do so that nobody falls for this deception!

walsufnir said:
Ali_16x said:
darkenergy said:

At least we have geniusses here on VGC that are able to demystify the complicated marketing and PR and comprehend what MS is trying to do so that nobody falls for this deception!

Thanks for the complement bud. It was fun reading what you had to say when you don't explain things.

AsGryffynn said:
Shadow1980 said:

His numbers are all bogus asspulls. Every time I ask for evidence of source he run.

No, this ones are. I have given you real numbers before...

And I have a life too, y'know?

Just don't use the ones on my sig... I never put real numbers on my sig...

Owww your sig is just a crazy prediction, since I don't know when you made it I won't confront that, Yussuf Mehdi said this gen would sell 1 Billion consoles.

I was talking about the total of 3rd party exclusives on PS4 being 1% of the library and then you saying that, tecmo, namco and some other companies made 30% of PS4 library but only 10% of X1. You never presented the evidence for the claim and both are antagonists.

Ali_16x said:
darkenergy said:
<

Well you have to thank him, he is seeing how much you are able to see through MS PR.

And on the best lineup ever... one of MS spokeperson said like 1 week ago that from the looks of things 2016 holiday will see the best lineup on xbox history.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

OneKartVita said:
Anyone know if any uncharted numbers were given out including the bundle?

I was wondering the same, though numbers should be impressive !

”Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”

Harriet Tubman.