By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - November 2015 NPD Thread! Hardware and software in OP!

From ZhugeEX:

Metal Gear Solid series sales in USA. Below is packaged unit sales.
MGS: ~2.5m
MGS2: ~2.2m
MGS3: ~1.5m
MGS4: >2m
MGS5: ~1m

Includes sales for PlayStation platforms + Substance, Subsistence & bundled sales. (Re-releases or digital not counted ofc)

Now worldwide sell in-
MGS: 7m+
MGS2: 7m+
MGS3: 4m+
MGS4: 6m+
MGS5: 5m+

Around the Network
Boutros said:
From ZhugeEX:

Includes sales for PlayStation platforms + Substance, Subsistence & bundled sales. (Re-releases or digital not counted ofc)

Now worldwide sell in-

So in USA the series took a great hit when going MP (or is that LTD instead of comparable timeframe?) even if they have bigger install base than before (PS4+X1> PS3 or PS2 or PS1 in comparable time, right?), but is stable WW where it probably is smaller than what PS2 was?

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Boutros said:
From ZhugeEX:

Now worldwide sell in-

So in USA the series took a great hit when going MP (or is that LTD instead of comparable timeframe?) even if they have bigger install base than before (PS4+X1> PS3 or PS2 or PS1 in comparable time, right?), but is stable WW where it probably is smaller than what PS2 was?

It's LTD but without digital sales for MGSV. I'm pretty sure MGSV is ahead all things considered.

Boutros said:
DonFerrari said:
Boutros said:
From ZhugeEX:

Now worldwide sell in-

It's LTD but without digital sales for MGSV. I'm pretty sure MGSV is ahead all things considered.

LTD, no digital for MGSV and pretty close to launch it will translate to a lot bigger sales than the previous... very good results, too bad Konami and Kojima interactions are making a MGS VI very unlikely to grow more.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

All numbers are LTD.
The MGS1-4 numbers are for PlayStation platforms only and as noted, MGS2 and MGS3 numbers are inflated by the release of Substance and Subsistence. MGS4 numbers are inflated by bundles.
MGS5 numbers include all 4 console platforms and 3 months of sales.

Around the Network
Ali_16x said:
darkenergy said:

I dont know what's funny, if MS cut the price to $299 at the start of November it will be higher than what it is. It's actually impressive that it is higher than last year even though it had a late price cut. 

By the way people are jumping the gun here.

It's funny because Microsoft is calling it their "best lineup" yet it failed so hard. How is that not funny? Not to mention they're calling their 2016 lineup also their "best lineup". It's obviously just a marketing slogan but calling it the "best lineup" every year is ridiculous.

Really? That's your excuse? If if they waited for the price drop at November? I don't see the PS4 being almost flat YoY with their price drop.

Actually at e3 when they said the best line up in xbox history they were refering to 2015 and 2016.

2015 and 2016? Or is it 2015 and 2016 and 2017 and 2018 and 2019? Maybe all years combined.

ZhugeEX said:
All numbers are LTD.
The MGS1-4 numbers are for PlayStation platforms only and as noted, MGS2 and MGS3 numbers are inflated by the release of Substance and Subsistence. MGS4 numbers are inflated by bundles.

What was konami initial shipment for MGS V?

LTD:
Until Dawn - ~275k
Bayonetta 2 - ~182k

Noobie said:
ZhugeEX said:
All numbers are LTD.

What was konami initial shipment for MGS V?

3 million for the first week.