By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - The sad state of Mario spin-off games this gen. <(T_T<)

Einsam_Delphin said:
Nem said:
Its actually good news. Nintendo may focus on making new games rather than re-hash 10 Mario themed games.

The main series, Mario Kart and the RPG sub-series is more than enough.

What's Mario done to you?

Mario Tennis and Golf prevented many a Golden Sun games from coming to be, for example.

Around the Network

Mario Party was the first game I owned, Paper Mario is my favorite Nintendo franchise.
SS was garbage and SPM wasn't a paper mario game.

In this day and age, with the Internet, ignorance is a choice! And they're still choosing Ignorance! - Dr. Filthy Frank

Einsam_Delphin said:

I believe Nintendo themselves consider it a mainline entry which is why they added Super to the title.

To be fair, Mario Kart did start out with Super Mario Kart. And the RPG series with Super Mario RPG.

Official Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE Thread

Mario Kart is the most important anyways :p

..but yes, they weren't very good :/

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Mario Kart 8 was so good that it compensated for all of the rest...well maybe not, but I was never big into those other series so it was alright for me! Only one I'm annoyed about is the lack of Mario Strikers. Would rate Mario Strikers Charged among my top 10 Wii games.

Around the Network

Mario Golf is solid imo, even without the dlc. I did purchase the dlc, but not playing it anywhere as much as the main content. I would actually be happy with one for Wii U, as long as it isn't as empty as Tennis.

Strikers is sorely needed though.

Yep.

I agree it is a pretty sad state but it's not all completely terrible. Mario Golf had DLC yes, but the core package was your average Mario Golf size. Mario Kart 8 was amazing of course.

Can't say much about Sticker Star and Dream Team since I didn't really play those, but I haven't heard the best things (And I've yet to get a hold of Paper Jam). And Tennis just looks bad.

As for stuff like Strikers, Baseball and Hoops though. I'm kind of okay that they're gone. I mean come on guys we have to cut the fat somewhere.

Yeah the only quality game is mario kart 8

I believe sticker star is awesome

Mario Kart 8 is the best kart racer I've ever played. I usually have something from a different Mario Kart that I hate, whether it be a concept or controls but I just couldn't complain about Mario Kart 8's gameplay. It's perfect dare I say it.

As for Mario & Luigi, I'm about done with that for now. I don't think Dream Team was all that great and I don't think Paper Jam will be either. It's time for another reinvention of the series.

Mario Party, Golf, Tennis, Hackeysack WHATEVER, the all suck.

I actually kind of liked Paper Mario: Sticker Star. It was a neat, cute, and fun little game. Not anywhere near as good as the previous games but I liked it.