By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - 97 Advantages of being female

Aielyn said:
Wright said:

You just can't say "credit goes to the author" but not give a source or a name from where you got it.

Damn dude, you're opressing the author with your male laziness.

I'm pretty sure the author is male. I wasn't as confident about it until I got to number 14.

"14. If I marry and quit my job and enjoy a leisurely life with light housework and then later divorce I will be given half of the marital assets."

"a leisurely life with light housework".

Keeping up a house is EXTREMELY easy if you do not have kids. If they do have kids then that point is not true

OT: The majority of those are accurate. But women do have a disadvantage in the work place, anyone who does not believe that is wrong. Sexism is much larger issue than racism in the U.S. imo

Around the Network

tagging for a read later, this gonna be good and full of moderation's to enjoy!

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

rolltide101x said:

Keeping up a house is EXTREMELY easy if you do not have kids. If they do have kids then that point is not true

OT: The majority of those are accurate. But women do have a disadvantage in the work place, anyone who does not believe that is wrong. Sexism is much larger issue than racism in the U.S. imo

Not everywhere. I'll give you an example. One of my lecturers was working at my university for a couple of years, but didn't have a permanent job. As soon as there was an opening for a permant job in my department, she applied for it and got it fair and square (she was really good).

The next year she was pregnant. Lovely news, but a shame that she couldn't teach for either semester.

Next year she was pregnant again! Lovely news, but somehow she was pregnant just around the same time, so no way she could teach in either semester.

The year after that she got pregnant once more. And what an incredible coincidence. At a time that she couldn't teach either the first or the second semester. So, since she got the permanent job she has yet to teach. I don't know if next year she'll happen to be pregnant again, but she gets paid as much as everyone else and can focus on her research while others have to teach and mark thousands of exams and essays.

She also gets paid the same amount of money every other lecturer with the same years working at that uni.

I don't see how a man could have similar treatment or how she's being at a disadvantage. Now if she doesn't get a promotion to Senior Lecturer, would you blame the department?

Metroid33slayer said:
slab_of_bacon said:

Your case would sound better if you did a more comprehensive examination instead of regurgitating a bias list, but, good luck.

This is vgchartz not the new york times. I detect a mangina here.

I was trying to help your effort and you've taken it the wrong way.  Also, I'm well aware of the forum I'm posting on and it's atmosphere.  I would expect someone as old as you are to try to bring a higher level of maturity to make it a better place but instead it appears you would rather do the opposite.  By all means, carry on like this because it is your choice, but it's a path that won't go very far.

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

Having said that, my sister was fired while pregnant because she had complications with her pregnancy and she had to go to the hospital several times (I think it was 6). One day she asked to go home early because she wasn't feeling well (about to faint) and her boss fired her on the spot. She didn't sue him, but it sure was an unpleasant experience.

So I get that the reverse happens, and that's why I think that while we should be fighting against injustice against women (which we do), we should neglect what men go through and make light of their unfair treatment. Also, women should join this fight too.

Around the Network
naruball said:
rolltide101x said:

Not everywhere. I'll give you an example. One of my lecturers was working at my university for a couple of years, but didn't have a permanent job. As soon as there was an opening for a permant job in my department, she applied for it and got it fair and square (she was really good).

The next year she was pregnant. Lovely news, but a shame that she couldn't teach for either semester.

Next year she was pregnant again! Lovely news, but somehow she was pregnant just around the same time, so no way she could teach in either semester.

The year after that she got pregnant once more. And what an incredible coincidence. At a time that she couldn't teach either the first or the second semester. So, since she got the permanent job she has yet to teach. I don't know if next year she'll happen to be pregnant again, but she gets paid as much as everyone else and can focus on her research while others have to teach and mark thousands of exams and essays.

She also gets paid the same amount of money every other lecturer with the same years working at that uni.

I don't see how a man could have similar treatment or how she's being at a disadvantage. Now if she doesn't get a promotion to Senior Lecturer, would you blame the department?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2015/04/14/study-finds-surprisingly-that-women-are-favored-for-jobs-in-stem/

"In fact, the bias has now flipped: Female candidates are now twice as likely to be chosen as equally qualified men."

Shadow1980 said:

Since someone couldn't be bothered to provide a source, I decided to go through the arduous 30-second task of hunting it down on the Google.

Here you go.

The whole site is just typical MRA prattling. The guy seems to think every woman is a clone of Valerie Solanas. I'm actually surprised he doesn't litter every article with terms like "beta" and "cuck." Y'know, I'm no fan of overly PC types, but holy shit does the internet "manosphere" do a damn good job of making political correctness seem like a pretty good idea. It's like they go out of their way to be as offensively anti-woman as possible. They're simply pissed off that the structural advantages that males have had for centuries in Western society are being eroded and the playing field gradually leveled.

And there is the problem.  That list is awful but there are many legitimate issues of inequality towards men and boys that should be recognized and discussed but are instead shoved aside because of the "uh but men had it better for a long time" attitudes.  It's sad and ridiculous and it's making things worse rather than better but still we get the same old excuses.  Boys are doing worse in English than girls in Math?  Who cares about the damage to society now because men had it better in the past.  A 17 year old boy gets a much harsher penalty than a 17 year old girl for the same crime?  He should be thankful for the the chance to be treated unfairly.

Rather than deal with all the problems, why is it that we're just supposed to deal with some of them and call it even?  I will never, ever understand that mentality.

pokoko said:
Shadow1980 said:

Since someone couldn't be bothered to provide a source, I decided to go through the arduous 30-second task of hunting it down on the Google.

Here you go.

The whole site is just typical MRA prattling. The guy seems to think every woman is a clone of Valerie Solanas. I'm actually surprised he doesn't litter every article with terms like "beta" and "cuck." Y'know, I'm no fan of overly PC types, but holy shit does the internet "manosphere" do a damn good job of making political correctness seem like a pretty good idea. It's like they go out of their way to be as offensively anti-woman as possible. They're simply pissed off that the structural advantages that males have had for centuries in Western society are being eroded and the playing field gradually leveled.

And there is the problem.  That list is awful but there are many legitimate issues of inequality towards men and boys that should be recognized and discussed but are instead shoved aside because of the "uh but men had it better for a long time" attitudes.  It's sad and ridiculous and it's making things worse rather than better but still we get the same old excuses.  Boys are doing worse in English than girls in Math?  Who cares about the damage to society now because men had it better in the past.  A 17 year old boy gets a much harsher penalty than a 17 year old girl for the same crime?  He should be thankful for the the chance to be treated unfairly.

Rather than deal with all the problems, why is it that we're just supposed to deal with some of them and call it even?  I will never, ever understand that mentality.

Indeed, the current movement seems more bent on revenge than it is actual equality, which is quite sad because right now it's starting to have serious effects  on boys education, which will effect future generations.  Society won't get better if you exchange one injustice for another.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/09/02/statutory-rape-victim-child-support/14953965/

#Justice

If anyone thinks that women have it easier than men then they are clearly living in an imaginary world of their own.

mornelithe said:
pokoko said:

Indeed, the current movement seems more bent on revenge than it is actual equality, which is quite sad because right now it's starting to have serious effects  on boys education, which will effect future generations.  Society won't get better if you exchange one injustice for another.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/09/02/statutory-rape-victim-child-support/14953965/

#Justice

We're definitely seeing the effects now as male enrollment in higher education is dropping like a rock.  Studies have shown that the divide begins in the earliest levels of education yet it's generally brushed aside.  Anyone who thinks that short-changing the future because of the past is part of the problem.  The negative effects on society are going to continue to grow and they're going to affect everyone.