By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - 97 Advantages of being female

gamingpotato7 said:
DeusXmachina said:
Looks like someone isn't getting laid and has too much free time on his hands.

Yeah, exactly this. Because male happiness is all about getting laid. If we get laid and are working 12 hours a day we don't care about the issues in the world. This is exactly the stuff this list is trying to point out. You just called OP a loser because you think he is a male and is talking about the very real injustices in the so called gender equality.

I called the author of the list a loser and the OP said it's not him.

And this list of advantages is ridiculous. Anyone could have made a list of disadvantages that are a lot more serious than this.

Around the Network
DeusXmachina said:
gamingpotato7 said:
DeusXmachina said:
Looks like someone isn't getting laid and has too much free time on his hands.

Yeah, exactly this. Because male happiness is all about getting laid. If we get laid and are working 12 hours a day we don't care about the issues in the world. This is exactly the stuff this list is trying to point out. You just called OP a loser because you think he is a male and is talking about the very real injustices in the so called gender equality.

I called the author of the list a loser and the OP said it's not him.

And this list of advantages is ridiculous. Anyone could have made a list of disadvantages that are a lot more serious than this.

Please go ahead.

Great thread and tons of great points raised by the author. Obviously I don't agree with everything and some points are repetitions, but still. It's a reality that we live in and something that all the feminists I've met could not care less about. Many of my female friends agree with some points, though.

The sad thing is that while white knights call themselves feminists and try to change things for the better for women, I've yet to see a woman fight for rights for men. Not a single one. Ever.

sethnintendo said:

Men that sleep with a lot of women = studs.  Women that sleep with a lot of guys = sluts. 

Men get paid more than women for the same job and usually are given more opportunity for advancement. 

We don't have periods.

We have women make our sandwiches.

I have no idea how people come to the "same job" argument. Plenty of men do the same job but get different pay. Does it take into consideration experience and seniority when these studies are made? 2 people can have the same role but the number of hours out in, experience, seniority and productivity could be different.

What about men who can't get laid vs. women who can't get laid? One is a loser (like a poster in this thread said) and the other is pure.

Megadeath said:

Women feel more. Women go through labour and child birth. Women are subject to a beauty tyranny that defines their worth to men yes, but also other women. That's just three disadvantages yet they alone totally destroy this list.

We're being spammed with ads about how fat women are also beautiful. You don't see the same for men. Where's the "this is a beach body" ad for men?

Around the Network
OdinHades said:
There are also at least 97 advantages of being male. Men and women are just different, there's no denying it. Therefore, we will never be able to achieve true equality. We can, however, do our best to make our world a good place to live for any of us. For that it is important that people express their opinions and that's basically what feminists are doing. Don't confuse feminists with feminazis, those are just a small but very loud minority. Most feminists are actually reasonable and intelligent people.

They may be reasonable, but have you seen any of them do something for men for a change? I see women fighting for men's rights, women fighting for women's rights, but do any reasonable women do anything to better the lives of men? Anything that would make their lives harder like the draft?

Most of my friends in Cyprus lost 2 of their best years in life (18-20) to serve the Cypriot military while girls around that age had already done two years of their undegrad and were enjoying life like a 18-20 year old should. Had it been mandatory for women too maybe they'd all have to lose a single year of their lives and woulnd't feel as bad. But you know how many women have suggested that? Well, none (to my knowledge).

There is a massive difference between words and deeds. Actions speak louder than words and men try to fix inequality with actions, not just "yeah, the army sucks" meaningless statements.

Augen said:
Even after reading that I would say if we were given the choice at birth the majority would be male in any given society.

Yes, but not for the reasons you think. Most men would feel embarassed to say they'd choose to be women and most women are under the impression that men have it easy. Plus no one would judge women if they said so and wouldn't suspect that they're closeted lesbians.

Lawlight said:
sethnintendo said:

Men that sleep with a lot of women = studs.  Women that sleep with a lot of guys = sluts. 

Men get paid more than women for the same job and usually are given more opportunity for advancement. 

We don't have periods.

We have women make our sandwiches.

I have no idea how people come to the "same job" argument. Plenty of men do the same job but get different pay. Does it take into consideration experience and seniority when these studies are made? 2 people can have the same role but the number of hours out in, experience, seniority and productivity could be different.

What about men who can't get laid vs. women who can't get laid? One is a loser (like a poster in this thread said) and the other is pure.

The analysis that most people quote with regards to the wage gap myth is from the Bureau of Labor statistics, which does not control for things like occupations, positions, education, job tenure, or hours worked per week.  In fact, the BLS analysis uses a baseline of 35 hours a week as a 'Full-Time' job, however, most of us are accustomed to working 40+ hours a week.  Which is why when actual economists look at the data, they come up with a much, much different interpretation of the data than the pseudo-scientists out there:

http://www.consad.com/content/reports/Gender%20Wage%20Gap%20Final%20Report.pdf

mornelithe said:

The analysis that most people quote with regards to the wage gap myth is from the Bureau of Labor statistics, which does not control for things like occupations, positions, education, job tenure, or hours worked per week.  In fact, the BLS analysis uses a baseline of 35 hours a week as a 'Full-Time' job, however, most of us are accustomed to working 40+ hours a week.  Which is why when actual economists look at the data, they come up with a much, much different interpretation of the data than the pseudo-scientists out there:

http://www.consad.com/content/reports/Gender%20Wage%20Gap%20Final%20Report.pdf

Bookmarking this. Thanks!

Wow this list comes of as butthurt and whiny. Not to mention that a lot of these are just factually wrong (At least where I live), or easily reversable.

I love how he was obviously shooting for a 100 and couldn't quite think of the final three reasons though.